• 2118 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10556 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Healer, The Next Micro battles kit...?

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by OrangeGamer18, Sep 10, 2019 at 7:41 PM.

?

How many apples

1. 2 apples

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. 3 apples

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. Ok, i have thought about this a long time. Healer is the most balanced kit for Micro battles. think of it, there is a melee, a ranged, and a defensive kit, but why not a supporting kit? it works perfectly! here was my idea:

wooden sword, slash potion of healing (lvl 2)(Max of 1) (1 pot per 50 sec) 3 apples .
    Regeneration 1 when gets kill (4 sec)

i think it would be balanced. the price would be ether 1000 gems, or a achievement kit! what do you guys think?

Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 7:41 PM,
    Last edited Sep 12, 2019 at 5:39 PM
    Pumpedpixel, _Prof_ and 2f0 like this.
  2. Hey!

I think this is a cool new kit for Micro Battles. It makes sense to have one of these, since like you said it has the other 3 kinds. But maybe some adjustments. I would say to maybe make the max 2 or 3 for the potions. It is a healer kit, and if it gets one every 45 seconds while it can only hold 1, it kind of ruins the point. I would also say to make the wait time to 40 or 30 seconds. Maybe lower. Same reason I just stated. I would say for this kit to have 2 apples and a wooden sword like you said. That is all I have to say. Thanks for suggesting this!

Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 7:46 PM
    OrangeGamer18 likes this.
  3. thanks that is a great idea!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 7:55 PM
  4. Correct me if I’m wrong but splash potions bring you up to health instantly, so this kit would probably be a little too op because usually during the last time frame of the game, everybody besides hiders will most likely be at lower health, using this could just bring them back up instantly and give some advantage.
    --- Post updated ---
    If it was adjusted to bring you back up to at least 3/4 of your health, then it might be more reasonable

Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 8:07 PM
  5. Agreed It seems too OP.

Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 8:20 PM
  6. Hello there!
    The idea of a healer kit is definitely interesting. If I recall correctly, we don't really have any 'team healer' kits in any games, so I'm trying to think how it would work out, and I believe it could work out well if done correctly. As far as your specific kit, the splash potion concept makes sense as it's a healer kit, but maybe instead of what was suggested earlier of having the max hold amount be 2 or 3 and shortening the wait time, what if you kept the original ideas you have, except you also add Regeneration I for the player using the kit? Just a thought, let me know what you think :). All in all, I think this is a good base idea, thanks for suggesting and have a good day!

Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 5:38 AM
  7. Hey!

As a self proclaimed micro battles enthusiast, I love this idea! I have never imagined a new micro battles kit that I could agree with, but I love this one. However, I think you've made the kit too weak. I think there should be 2 splash healing potions and 2 apples, since it would be even and 2 apples for 1 splash healing potion just isn't worth it. Overall, this is a really great idea and I think that this could or should definitely be a new kit or even the achievement kit. Fantastic idea!

Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 6:05 AM
  8. Splash potions don't complete heal at all. Pretty sure even splash 2 pots only heal up to 4 hearts, and you also have to deal with the fact that you can heal enemies on accident.

I think this is a great idea and would love to see it added. I do agree with some of the users above that it should either receive the pots faster, or have a higher max limit, because assuming these are lvl1 potions, you are pretty much only healing enough to tank 1 extra hit per pot. Also 3 apples (y make it starve with 2?) and would be awesome to see it added as the long awaited achievement kit.

Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 10:18 AM,
    Last edited Sep 12, 2019 at 9:45 AM
    OrangeGamer18, el4ctrified and Yato like this.
  9. Not sure if you mean that they get you up to 10 hearts instantly or not, but regardless, a splash potion of 'Instant Health I' heals 2 hearts of health.

To provide feedback on the idea, I like it! I think it brings something new and unique into the game, as potions don't exist as of now in Micro Battles. I think having a cooldown of 45 seconds seems reasonable as solid games last 2-3 minutes if played out well, so the pots would come in usefully. Just to balance out the kit, I'd say it should come with;

Wooden Sword
    Splash Potion of Healing I (no stack, cooldown = 45 seconds)
    2 Apples
    Regeneration I for 4 seconds after killing a player (heals 1 heart)

I believe the kit should have more to it and since it is a Healer, I figured adding a Regeneration perk when getting a kill would be nice. It also only healds 1 heart so it's not overpowered at all, but gives a nice little heal.

Let me know how you feel about that add-on, and nice thread!

~Arjun

Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 5:00 PM,
    Last edited Sep 11, 2019 at 5:10 PM
    PapiKirito and OrangeGamer18 like this.
  10. This idea seams great! thanks!
    --- Post updated ---
    I think that what Arjun said (about the regeneration per kill) would be cool. also, i think that having more potions is a ok idea. same with the more potions per sec, but i think that maybe a perk could help this idea!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 7:02 PM
    Arjun likes this.
  11. Love the idea! I think the cooldown should be a bit shorter though. At least for me micro battles games only last around 2 mins max. Maybe the kit could also let you start with 3 more hearts or something like that. A wood sword and 3 apples would be perfect. This would be nice because it give the game more of a team focuses and there aren't any support classes already. Imo there should be a max of 3 pots for balancing reasons. Again love the idea!

Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 7:04 PM
  12. that idea with the extra hearts could be a good perk for the kit...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 7:08 PM
    2f0 likes this.
  13. I like the thought you put into this thread! Most parts seem balanced, but there are some improvements necessary. Since having more than a max of 1 splash pot at a time may mess up your inventory, I think they should be level 2, healing 4 hearts. 2 hearts does not make much of a difference in most situations and this kit will be portrayed as under-powered. With the modification of the splash pots, I would also change the cool-down time to 1 minute. This forces healers to be efficient and strategic with their pots.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 7:26 PM
    PapiKirito likes this.
  14. the problem is im not a potion expert.
    the problem is im not a potion expert, but the game is only 2-3 minutes average, so i dont think the cool down would be i good idea. BUT level 2 sounds reasonable...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 8:06 PM
    PapiKirito and _Prof_ like this.
  15. i like the idea i think a kit like this would be a great addition to the game. however there could be a few areas of improvement though but anyways this is a +1 from me

Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 8:42 PM
  16. thanks!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 8:43 PM
  17. Personally I do like the idea a lot, I think it would be best if the kit had 3 or 5 heal pots per game. Due to Micro battles moving so fast I don't think they should get potions every "x" seconds. I think this should also be an achievement kit for the game due to it becoming probably the strongest kit in the game. Overall I love the idea and would love to see it implemented just with some slight changes :D

Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 9:41 PM
  18. heyoo!

I really like this idea! As you said, we cover melee with fighter, ranged with archer, and defensive with our worker kit. To me, it seems likes a perfect fit in Micro Battles. There is only one situation that I can think of when this kit could potentially be overpower: in the end when there is nether-rack everywhere and everyone is dying. Say you and another team are both hiding at the middle to try and beat the other team out. However, the other team has the healer kit and a fighter, while you have an archer and a miner. The other team could easily win by just using their potion at the end of the game in order to steal the win, even though both of the teams did almost the same amount of work (minus splashing one potion). If there could be a way to fix this problem, I would love this kit, but for now, +0.

Posted Sep 11, 2019 at 10:42 PM
    _Prof_ likes this.
  19. ... or your archer could just shoot them on the rot and/or you could just go in and fight them to stop that from happening.

Posted Sep 12, 2019 at 9:48 AM
  20. Hey!
    As I've mentioned in the past, in order for a team to have perfect balance, it requires four different class types. An ideal team would have a tank, damage, ranged/agility and healer. As Micro Battles is currently set up, 3/4 of these classes are checked. Micro Battles is definitely a game that is meant to be as fair as possible. I feel that a healer kit could make a good addition to the game.

I used the word could because the ability to heal in a game where the slightest advantage can be a game changer can be delicate. If done incorrectly, the ability to heal would change entire aspects of the game. Minecraft provides two different forms of healing; healing pots and golden apples. This in and of itself leaves us in an interesting position. Do we want a healer who is more beneficial to their team or to themselves?

There are positives and negatives to either side. To start, I'll talk about golden apples. My main issue with golden apples is the absorption. This would be far too powerful; negating the effects of Archer and Tank. Absorption would render an arrow useless in terms of damage unless the player was hit again soon after whereas Tanks damage increase would also go to these extra hearts, giving the healer essentially two extra hits on the tank, enough to take back a fight.

The other option would be healing potions, which you've suggested. I agree that healing potions would be the better choice for this kit, not only providing more of a team commodity spirit, but also wouldn't be much of an advantage over other kits. The thing that I like about potions is that they would have to be used strategically. If you were in a close combat situation, in order to heal just yourself and not your opponents, you would have to retreat, potentially costing you the game or risk healing your opponents. I feel that this could be a cool strategy to play around with. Where we differ with this idea is the amount of healing potions. I feel that two healing potions for the duration of the game would be good. This would limit the amount of healing as well as force the player to use them strategically.

As for the amount of apples that the player should get, I feel that three is a good amount. I just don't feel that two will last the duration of the game.

Overall, interesting idea. I definitely think that this idea has potential and with a little tweaking, I feel that this could make a great addition to Micro Battles. However, for the moment I'm going to have to go +0.

Posted Sep 12, 2019 at 4:10 PM
    OrangeGamer18 and _Prof_ like this.