• 4270 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14291 Players Online
  • 10021 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Headphones or Speakers?

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by Thexs, May 16, 2019.

?

Headphones or Speakers?

1. Speakers

19.6%
  2. Headphones

80.4%
  1. Hoi, I'm back again with a daily post in the form of a question. Do you prefer to use speakers or headphones for your source of hearing gameplay and videos? Personally, I prefer speakers for I can sit anywhere in my room without having something on my head, also I just love cranking them up.

Posted May 16, 2019
  2. I would never use speakers unless I was home alone and really wanted to. For me I just feel you don't get the same quality sound with speakers as headphones could give. Along with that I'd find it rude to play music out loud that others didn't want to hear and I don't want other people to know what I listen to, so that's why I said unless I was home alone.

Posted May 16, 2019
    Vocaloiid, Crazyy_Tim and Thexs like this.
  3. Fully understand that reasoning, the thing is my family legit just don't care at all.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 16, 2019
  4. Personally, I’m use to using headphones, but I guess that’s just due to the same reason as Marzie stated above.

Posted May 16, 2019
  5. I usually use headphones when I'm out in public or at school, as I find it rude when someone has their volume up really loud in a space where it isn't needed or it may annoy/disrupt others. However, I usually use speakers when I am at home as my family don't mind what I am watching/listening to as long as I keep the volume at a responsible level. Overall, I would probably prefer speakers in an area where it won't annoy or disrupt others mainly because I find the cords on headphones can get in the way and generally annoy me (I don't have wireless headphones and I don't really plan too), though headphones are nice when I am trying to do private study.

Posted May 16, 2019
  6. No point using speakers if you're not trying to knock down half the neighbourhood with them.

Posted May 16, 2019
  7. I like headphones better. When playing games they help me tune out the world and focus :P

Posted May 16, 2019
    RealDiamondKitty08 likes this.
  8. I use headphones all the time for basically any noise because I’m not the kind to disturb my family by blasting loud music or a video (aka my brother). In that case I’m not one to take up after him and like the silence | noise zones.

Posted May 16, 2019
  9. Headphones, I prefer not to irritate people and would use speakers when I’m home alone like @Marzie said.

Posted May 16, 2019
    Sqwush/Snowwii likes this.
  10. I personally use headphones more often and find them very relaxing and like @Cupi said I prefer not to irritate people. However, my brother shares a different story. He uses speakers and I find them very annoying because I can hear everything he's playing in a specific game. I believe headphones also produce better sound quality then speakers, it just depends on what company you're buying from.

Posted May 16, 2019
    Sqwush/Snowwii, Cupi Wupi and Acerna like this.
  11. Since speakers are really loud, they blast, making it a little hard to hear.

Posted May 16, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  12. I like headphones more than speakers undoubtedly. Headphones provide privacy and the sound comes out a lot more clearly. Speakers usually distort the audio because it is all spread out and usually comes out worse than from headphones. Big +1 to headphones.

Posted May 16, 2019
    Sqwush/Snowwii and ATruePitato like this.
  13. Heyo!

I actually do a mix of both... I use speakers to listen to my gameplay as I prefer to have nothing on my head if I’m playing alone. However, when I’m playing with friends I use a pair of wireless earbuds so that their sounds do not intermix with the gameplay coming out of the speakers. I also like to keep all volumes low so that I do not disturb my family and I think the wireless earbuds really help with that.

Posted May 16, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  14. It depends fully on what I'm doing. Since you mentioned gameplay in your post, I voted for headphones, considering those are what I use to game, but when I'm just listening to music or hanging out with friends and we want to watch a video or something, I'll plug in my speakers and use those instead.

Posted May 16, 2019
  15. I prefer headphones so no one knows what I am listening to.. playing games I do use the speakers, though. :p

Posted May 16, 2019
  16. It depends on how I'm feeling and what I'm doing.

Whenever I'm gaming, I tend to use my headphones as I always listen to music and I like being able to properly hear the music and the sounds of the game. I listen to music a lot, but when I do I want to fully listen and appreciate it. It's nice just to go into your own little world and not be bothered by anything else.

If I'm in my room watching YouTube videos or doing a task such as getting ready then I'll play music out of my laptop speakers, however it doesn't tend to be very loud as I don't want to annoy others. It's also just nice to have some background noise sometimes.

Posted May 16, 2019
  17. Hi there!

Personally I definitely have to go with headphones. Headphones take me into my own world and just allows me to listen to music or play games without hearing anything that can take my attention away. I just love the feeling of my headphones covering my ears and this is honestly often where I go if I just want to be productive since music puts me in that mood, especially if I need to work on a school project or something.

I have used speakers in the past though before I had my good headphones and they just never really felt that great. Anything I was listening to/game sounds were open for anyone to hear which isn't ideal. I feel like having a headset allows you to be more into a game and experience its full potential something which speakers don't.

Posted May 16, 2019
  18. I only have one pair of headphones and they’re bluetooth - so I always have to charge them, and I find headphones uncomfortable to wear. Like if you’re watching youtube, and you have been watching for a while, your head and ears really starts to hurt - I find at least. I usually watch out loud. Unless it’s something like 8D audio or ASMR; which I watch with proper headphones.

Posted May 16, 2019
  19. I think speakers are obnoxious to the people around me, so I wear headphones.

Posted May 16, 2019
  20. I would use headphones as long as I have them with me. You can hear the sounds better and it will not distract anyone around you. Only if someone is interested in what I am doing, I will use speakers so they can hear too. You can make the argument that phone calls may not be hearable but just do not have your headphones on too loud. They emit sound right to your eardrum anyways.

Posted May 16, 2019