• 514 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3093 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Have Leap Axe Break Once Fully used in DE

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by MCCharity, Jan 20, 2019.

1. I would like to see the leap axe disappear (break) once a player has used all their leaps. Currently, once a player uses their last jump the axe remains in the inventory and occasionally I forget that I don't have any leaps left. Adding it so the axe breaks would just be a nice little quality of life update. No big disadvantages and could be a neat addition.

Posted Jan 20, 2019
  2. Don't have any issues with that, would be nice to add in.

Posted Jan 20, 2019
    xOeuf and MCCharity like this.
  3. I agree, there have been a few times where I thought that my axe was still good, turns out it wasn't and it really screwed me up.

Posted Jan 20, 2019
    xOeuf and MCCharity like this.
  4. I'm surprised I haven't seen this be suggested before. It would definitely be useful to let people know that they're out of leaps. I personally play quite a bit of Dragon Escape so I would love to see this added. +1

Posted Jan 20, 2019
    Nightcat, Idut, Evence and 1 other person like this.
  5. I have to disagree. I understand where you are coming from, but I personally don't see any reason to remove the axe. Maybe i'm being biased because I like having the axe (even when I have no leaps left), but I don't think this is necessary to implement. However, I do understand why you would want this to be implemented.
    +1 (Just because it would be helpful, I just personally don't think it's necessary.)

Posted Jan 20, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  6. Heya!

I really like this idea. There were bunch of times when I tried to leap somewhere, but it'd turn out that I used all my leaps, so this would be a great addiction to inform you that you used all of them. I'm kind of surprised that that wasn't implemented before, it just makes people confused while they're playing, and that issue could be easily fixed with this suggestion!
    +1 for this idea!

Teodora / Tea

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    Evence and MCCharity like this.
  7. +1 I really like this idea. It's a small QoL but I think it'd be beneficial. I don't know how many times I've fallen and tried to use leap only to realize I've used all of them already.

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  8. Yo,

I love this idea, I always go for the insane shortcuts on maps (fail most of the time normally anyways) but it always makes my heart drop when I don't have any leaps left and just fall into the void. Great suggestion as always Charity.

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  9. Personally I like the axe because it feels weird not holding on to anything, but your idea makes a lot more sense, and its really just a personal preference so +1 from me.

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  10. Yes please!
    It's so stressful to not remember if you have one remaining or not, as you have 1 axe when you there are 1 or 0 leaps remaining. This would probably avoid lots of avoidable deaths due to a lack of attention! Nice and very much needed QoL, big +1 !

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  11. +1

Liking this idea. Like others, I have times where I forget I don't have leaps and try to make shortcut jumps and fall right into the void. A nice QoL to have on the server for sure. Maybe also add that after every leap used, the durability of the axe goes down to show that your leaps are being used.

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  12. Seeing as I play quite a bit of DE, I would definitely say this would be great QoL update. I too have encountered situations when I go to click the axe out of habit and find I have no leaps. Would definitely like to see this happen.

+1

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  13. Nice idea and don't see any negatives to it! +1

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  14. Hey there!

I like the idea that you have, and it looks great! When I play on the Dragons Escape, I sometimes forgot that I did not have any leaps after I used it twice. When I used my leap ability twice, I still have my leap axe in my inventory slot. That will be great QoL changes to one of the gamemode, and there are no issues to this. Excellent idea that you have, MCCharity!

I will give it a +1 to this idea!

Posted Jan 21, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  15. Big +1, and also agree with Unfavorited in that the durability should go down after each leap. Either that or make it so you start with 4 axes -- or however many leaps you get -- (in one hotbar slot obviously), and each leap will get rid of one axe.

Posted Jan 27, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  16. At the moment you start with 4 axes and one goes away after each leap. The problem is the final axe isn't removed after your last leap.

@Unfavorited see above ^^. A degrading axe wouldn't be necessary with the current system.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 27, 2019
    Snowing_ likes this.
  17. Hello! I'm really happy that this has been brought up, because I always forget that I don't have any more leaps so I try to go for a risky jump, resulting in my death. This would make it much easier for me to know when I have leaps and when I don't. I give this idea a +1

Posted Jan 27, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  18. I love this idea! I have experienced the pain of thinking I have another leap and falling into the void. Removing the leap axe after the final use would clear up a lot of confusion and help players keep track of their leaps better. Definitely a +1 from me.

Posted Jan 27, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  19. Yesss definitely a +1 from me. A lot of the times when I use the Leaper Kit in Dragon Escape, I always lose track of how many leaps I have left, or even IF I have any leaps yet. I get confused when I’m left with 1 axe left in my inventory and most of the time I run out of them only realizing that I can’t use the leap ability. I’d love to see the axe be taken out of the inventory whenever you run out of leaps so that it doesn’t cause any confusion when playing as Leaper. Don’t see any problem with this and I hope to see it in a future update for Dragon Escape! Have a good day.

Posted Feb 1, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  20. I like how I’m not the only one who completely brain farts and forgets I don’t have an available leap anymore. Thought it was only a me problem haha. Anyway, I’m completely all for this idea; great QoL update and there aren’t any setbacks that I can see really.

+1

Posted Feb 2, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.