• 1837 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14678 Players Online
  • 12841 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Have Fewer Lobbies

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Knazamn, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Hello!

I was looking at the lobby selector, and saw 24 lobbies at once. At this time, there were about 519 players in all in the lobbies (that is when you hovered over the lobby selector and saw how many players were in it, not sure how correct that is). However, some lobbies had less than 10 players, while others had 20-40. I was thinking of making much fewer lobbies. I took 519 and divided it by 9, and it came out to 57-58 players per lobby if there were 9 lobbies. Firstly, this can help out staff by moderating only one lobby that has more people, instead of there being 24 lobbies and having to moderate those lobbies. Second, the lobbies wouldn't be dispersed. There would be more players in each lobby. But really, I think this idea could really work out.

Have a good day/night!

Posted Nov 22, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  2. Hii!

Before discussing thank you for bringing your idea up to the community, while decreasing the number of lobbies would definitely help the staff team via moderation I believe that there should be a decrease of lobbies at times when the player count is below average (EX: 3 am EST 20 lobbies). I disagree with the idea of decreasing the number of lobbies down to 9 full lobbies as people like me enjoy sitting in empty lobbies with friends and others. I find it nice to chat with friends in an empty lobby and queue for a game rather than in lobby-1 where it can get spammy because of how populated it is. The same goes for staff members, relaxing in an empty public lobby without getting bombarded with questions and concerns is something that should be an option instead of being forced to join full lobbies. Having a conversation with one person and answering someones else's question can be stressful at times Overall, I believe that the current amount of lobbies in-game at the moment is fine as long as the number of lobbies is being adjusted via player count.

Posted Nov 22, 2020
  3. Hey! Personally, I have mixed opinions on this subject. While I would like to see lobbies adaptively change depending on how many players are online, I don't want it to be that small. I sometimes enjoy quiet or smaller lobbies as it can be overwhelming and challenging moderating a huge amount of people in one place. Additionally, I like to hang out with friends and play gladiators, open chests, use cosmetics, etc. in smaller lobbies and that would be difficult to due in a crowded spot. However, I do agree that there still too many lobbies and shrinking it a little would be beneficial, but I feel less then 10 is way to small.

- Lucas

Posted Nov 22, 2020
  4. 519 people online? Must of been a bad time. There is usually 1k or so players on average. Sometimes 2k players if it is hot time -- Saturday afternoon when everyone is free. Sometimes a few thousand players over a thanksgiving or Christmas break that may be coming up soon or a new update to the server. It is better to have too many lobbies than too few in case the server is overflowing with players.

Also, most people know or should know to go to Lobby 1 if they need help by now. The other lobbies rarely get moderated.. well as in mods to go it. This is because of /report being used in lobbies or games that they can't be at. Essentially, with the lack of a staff team now a days, being in more than 1 lobby just isn't possible or needed with /report being used.

Posted Nov 22, 2020
  5. Yo!

I don't see a need for this idea. I see why it would make sense to make less lobbies or make the lobbies based off of the players online but how it is now (I think) is that there are more lobbies when more players join and they stay even if the number of players online gets smaller, in my opinion, it should stay like this. Some people would rather going to smaller lobbies and not go to a lobby with over 30 people, and there isn't an issue like lag or something that more lobbies cause, so there is no problem with keeping it how it is now, thanks for the idea though!

Posted Nov 23, 2020
  6. Ello!

I don't see the need for this idea. 1 because its reduces server lag. 2 because people might want to be in lobbies with less people. 3 Any ideas...?

Posted Nov 23, 2020