• 1902 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10340 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Have Appeals have links in their description

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by RepulsiveAcidicToxicSnake, Aug 29, 2019.

1. After reviewing your appeal, we have come to the conclusion that it does not meet our private appeal criteria, and you will remain punished. Also, if you haven't already, please be sure to check out our rule books.

Please note that you need to wait 30 days before submitting another appeal. Excessively submitting appeal applications will result in punishments.

If you would like to dispute the decision on the appeal, please message "me" with "link" to this appeal and evidence(s) to support your dispute.

where the word "link" is quoted and bolded should be an actual link to the appeal.
    where the word "me" is quoted and bolded should be an actual link that when clicked on will setup a conversation with that staff member.

That way all a player has to do is copy and paste the appeal link, and then click on the "me" link and paste it into the private message.

I should have clarified, the links are automatic meaning the forum ninja doesn't have to do anything.

Wait, the message is COPIED by the forum ninja, well that doesn't seem very efficient. I feel like if an appeal is denied then the standard denied message appears (no copying it so forum ninja has several seconds not wasted copying and pasting the automatic message), AND then the forum ninja puts in personalized messages below (or above it if that is better)

Posted Aug 29, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 29, 2019
  2. Mineplex receives a lot of appeals daily.
    It might be a pain for forum ninjas to have to go in and copy and paste the link to the appeal and put it in to their response. It doesn’t sound like a lot of effort, but considering they have to deal with a lot of appeals each day, it’s much easier just to copy and paste the automatic message.

It isn’t that hard for someone to find the link to their appeal. They just need to copy and paste the link on their tab. If they’re having trouble finding it, they can easily message the forum ninja that declined their appeal.

Ultimately, I’d imagine it’s up to the forum ninjas if they want to change their denial message to include the link to the person’s appeal. Personally I just think it’s better if players take the extra couple seconds to copy the link to their appeal from their tab.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  3. 510bike, I should have clarified, the links are automatic meaning the forum ninja doesn't have to do anything.
    --- Post updated ---
    @510bike
    --- Post updated ---
    Besides creating the automatic message by clicking a button or something.
    --- Post updated ---
    Wait, the message is COPIED by the forum ninja, well that doesn't seem very efficient. I feel like if an appeal is denied then the standard denied message appears (no copying it so forum ninja has several seconds not wasted copying and pasting the automatic message), AND then the forum ninja puts in personalized messages below (or above it if that is better)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 29, 2019
  4. I personally don't think that Mineplex should focus their efforts on making life easier for rule breakers. The current way of appealing is fine, it just requires a small bit of effort, something that wouldn't bother you if you were serious about having your punishment lifted. All in all, I think that time would be better spent improving game modes, the anti-cheat system, and other things that will improve the players' who don't cheat experiences.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  5. No, it's not copied and pasted by the ninja themselves, any and all applications/reports use moderation macros with a "copy/paste" message. I don't think we can have the moderation macro include links to specific appeals as adding the links would have to happen manually. The macros are pre-set messages, and are quite literally a copy/paste message, just without us switching back and forth between tabs to copy and paste the correct thing.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  6. Like marzi mentioned it’s snot possible with the current setup and it wouldn’t be worth making it happen all for something you can just easily do yourself.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  7. I don't think this would work just because of the way that the macros are set-up. It'd have to be custom to each Forum Ninja and I don't think we could do that, maybe I'm wrong though. Otherwise, I can tell you that probably 80 percent of the time that I receive a message from a player about their appeal, they don't include the link. A lot of people are just upset that their appeals have been denied or canceled and don't read the whole message I guess and jump to dispute it. I don't think this suggestion would make any difference considering the amount of people that ignore the current message anyways.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    RobbiinK likes this.