• 1448 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7920 Players Online
  • 6472 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Has there ever been book & quills in clans?

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Karrrrl124, Feb 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Not sure, but has it ever been a thing? It would be a cool feature to add into clans. Maybe just for a cool item to write a bit of history into on your base or whatever.

Posted Feb 6, 2020
  2. I don't see it happening for the somewhat obvious reason of letting people write whatever they want and tossing it to other people.

I believe it was possible at some point via a bug, I seem to remember having some issues with it back in the day -- someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  3. HMMMM yeah books would definitely be a cool feature to add and could never be used to overload chunks and cause duping

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  4. Thread moved to game alterations
    It could be a cool idea, as it it would let other people be able to record their ideas for their base down, record their history, or anything else they wanted via a book and quill.

That being said, the idea could easily be abused. People could use it to write vulgar language, threaten others, or break any of our chat rules really. It would make moderation harder. A filter could be created for book and quills, but, it would be fairly easy for players to find ways to bypass it.

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  5. If I'm not mistaken this idea already exists. You can make a sign out of wood and put text on it. For that reason I do not see a need for this idea to be implemented.

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  6. Yeah, when the old /report gui had the book and quill for chat offences it could be bugged out and you could receive a book and quill. However, if you tried to write in the book (or even just opening it) it would kick you from the server for invalid book data.

Posted Feb 8, 2020
    mepman9 likes this.