• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6137 Players Online
  • 3247 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Has housing been cared about much by devs and staff?

Discussion in 'Creative Housing' started by C0MMAND3R246, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Housing will always be a great concept and gamemode for us to show others builds and courses. However I dont think the actual state of housing for a builder or long-term player hasnt been addressed. As both, there has been way too many unfair housing issues - giant lag spikes commonly, disconnects where no recent progress saves, houses not existing and chunk or full house resets. I've addressed these before but is anything being done?

I filled in a bug report, dont comment that. It's got around 15 to 20 bugs on it, I'm almost finding new ones each day.

If possible, I'd like to get a response on the situation with housing, a response from a staff member who can see the issues, and/or other players who've had similar. If housing can be fixed, the hundreds of us regulars can finally have something nice.

I know that housing isnt cared for, there was a mod in a house who we explained the saving issues a while back. They said a huge update was coming later. That later arrived, all that happened was that saving worked and we got a new hub. Real cool there, way to dodge a bullet and try to make us think anything else was fixed. That could all be just that mods fault, but come on. I dont remember their name also.

Anyway, I've had 3 disconnects and 1 chunk reset happen in the last day, equating to 3 to 5 hours of work lost. How's your guys days been

Posted Jun 24, 2020
    xPradaProdigy likes this.
  2. Good day, C0MMAND3R246!

To address your concern, the Mineplex Development team is hard at work with, most recently, deploying bug fixes and improvements every day. These updates and fixes can range from across the whole Mineplex Network, which takes time to do. As you did point out, there are still improvements needed to be made to get Housing to your ideal position. While figuring out how to fix bugs along with developing new games, it's tough for The Development Team to focus on one gamemode.

You claimed that you created a bug report, which you don't recommend. As a Bedrock Community Member, it's our duty to report any bugs we come across so that The Mineplex Server can improve. Oddly, you're saying that the bugs need to get straightened out, however, you recommend users not to report any of their bug findings to improve the server? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Trust me when I say that there will be a time when Housing will get fixed. Until then, you just have to wait and be patient. If you find my response hard to comprehend, feel free to direct message me and I will get back with you! Also, my day has been great, thanks for asking!

Thank you,
    FabianTuck

Posted Jun 24, 2020
  3. If you're referring to my older forum post with saying I dont recommend bug reports, it's because I already did one before then and I don't know if it's just me, but I'd like a response if it's been checked out, so I assume it hasnt, and also the fact no major bugs I mentioned have been fixed supports the fact no ones likely seen it. I know when a staff member addresses issues on a forum post, they lock it.

Housing feels like it's always been the same over its whole lifetime. The only fixes I see are the ones when housing doesnt work or saving doesnt work, that's it. I'm also seeing that it seems many gameplay bugs just come and go also, that's very strange. Somedays one exists then it never does from there. Housing is just in a very unstable place all the time.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 24, 2020
  4. I'm referring to this current post. Just because a staff member hasn't said "I'm going to check it out" doesn't mean that they ignored your report. I'm sure they're still looking into your bug finding the best approach to take. Assuming oftentimes leads to distress and sometimes anger. As I said above, please stay patient in these times while the Developers are looking for ways on fixing these issues.

Posted Jun 24, 2020
  5. Alright.
    I never said I dont recommend a bug report here. I said I did one, so dont comment saying to fill one in. That's it. I never stated anything about bug reports besides that.
    People who check bug reports should at least tell the reporter that they've seen it, I didn't say they should respond with the bugs fixed but just with a response of 'I've read your bug report','I'm investigating these bugs','I've moved these bugs to a higher up', or similar. I never said they should always say action has been taken.
    Lastly, dont say be patient. Around 2 years of housing and nothing major has been fixed. I've been patient, but housing gets increasingly worse over time. Lag isnt too bad, but when a full 20+ hours of work on builds gets reset over my time, a house is locked for 2 months and 20+ bugs I experience that affect me in some way occur, obviously I'm not happy. Housing should be higher up in terms of importance for improvement, that's what I need to say. Housing is always unique with different houses and activities, the quality should be fairly decent. I see mods very often on houses now but I can tell they dont recognize or say anything about the issues.

Simply, dont try silence me when I explain these issues and actually read into them.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 24, 2020
  6. I'm not in any form trying to silence your opinion. I think it's terrific to see that the Bedrock Community is engaging via Forums and expressing one's viewpoints. On a more positive note, I'm extremely glad that you're here, and please tell me if there's anything I can do for you.

And may you excuse my Dyslexia, my brain saw "comment that" to "recommend that". However, I spoke with a few Quality Assurance Members, and they all said that they don't say that their processing a bug report because they try to avoid bugs sitting in a "processing" stage for a while. By saying that QA has seen your report, it would allow QA to just put it off and that's just not what QA want's when they go to look at bug reports page.

Housing is not the only game to be updated here, on the Bedrock Server. There are other overdue updates that Developers are arranging to get to, and Housing is one. The current issues that you noted in this thread are known from the QA Team, and they wait to get fixed. Just like my reply above, it takes time to develop bug fixes, update gamemodes, and further develop games. The current Developers cannot spend the whole day developing for the Bedrock Server, they're humans too and they enjoy doing other things.

By saying that you see Mod's not recognizing your issues, you said above that a Mod said "a huge update was coming later", I do recognize this as a Moderator acknowledging your issue. From my previous moderation experience, they're not allowed to give out any sensitive information regarding updates and whatnot. Hardly ever do they know what an update will be covering so they say that there will be an update soon in hopes that it fits your concern. They recognize your issues when you talk about them, but they can only do so much for you (that's why they re-direct you to the bugs report page).

I acknowledge your agony and I feel terrible that you experienced this bug. Possibly try to take a break from Housing and try a new gamemode like Skyblock. Come back to housing later and see if any of your issues get fixed.

Thank you,
    FabianTuck

Posted Jun 25, 2020
  7. Right, at least you understand. That's all I really need.
    Housing is the only parkour related gamemode and I despise minecraft combat for many reasons, so I'll stay on housing and deal with it. Hopefully my 10 hour built full house wont get reset anytime soon, I at least ant a week out of it. I've learnt to not care much when a reset happens due to it happening so much and I have the full house on a creative world so it's easy to build. Just the fact a third of my time was lost over this build really forced me to forum post. I'll vibe on housing, I just dont want housing to get severely worse and/or be in a better state.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 25, 2020