• 1841 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6271 Players Online
  • 4430 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Has anyone else had this before?

Discussion in 'Champions' started by Press1ToLick, Dec 5, 2018.

1. So i'm sure many of you have had 6v4s in DOM before. This is the first time I've experienced a 7v3. Lucky for me I was on the team with 7 players. One of the blue players instantly left the game leaving it as a 7v2. Are we expecting a patch to this ridiculous bug anytime in the future? I can't imagine it's that hard to fix.

edit: seems I don't know how to embed an image lol, here's an Imgur copy of it. https://imgur.com/a/cNs9EYr
    [​IMG]

Posted Dec 5, 2018,
    Last edited Dec 5, 2018
  2. Why is the Picture gone?

Posted Dec 5, 2018
  3. I don't know how to embed that's why lol. I have the link below it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 5, 2018
  4. hey press! I've personally seen this a lot in not only Champions, but micro battles, Heroes of Gwen, etc. It's not necessarily a bug, as the reason the teams are uneven is usually either team members leave, or there are parties in game. Most of the time, the players are split evenly so it might just be that the blue team members quit? Despite this, I think the Mineplex server should have harsher punishments for leaving In-game, as it ruins the experience for other players. Perhaps a small wait time for leaving in the middle of team games? Let me know what you think.

Sincerely,
    SaucyStyle

Posted Dec 5, 2018
  5. I don't really play much of the other games but it's interesting to know that this is not only a champions issue. Yes it's true that generally the teams are even at the start of the game. But as we both know sometimes it gets screwed up and you have a stacked team. I've just never seen it this bad before.

I agree that it would be nice to have a punishment implemented. It would make the games much more serious. I've actually thought about this in the past and think a really positive change would be to add a casual and a ranked queue (with leaderboards of course). The punishment you talk about would only be in the ranked queue only. In addition to this, you will lose points on leaderboard. The casual queue could have players leave and join mid game as to not have unbalanced teams yet keeping the gameplay very casual.
    --- Post updated ---

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 5, 2018
  6. I believe that it's just someone joining last second. Not sure why it started doing this because this didn't used to happen at all. As far as I know this specific bug is unique to Champions, the Micro Battles teams just allow overflow because the game itself doesn't limit you to 16 players.

Posted Dec 5, 2018
  7. This is a huge problem with matchmaking. Mineplex should definitely look into these sorts of stuff. It makes most games less enjoyable for those who are going against a team that has double their players. At least for me it's considered unfair. I'm sure for you it is as well. As SaucyStyle said "It's not necessarily a bug, as the reason the teams are uneven is usually either team members leave, or there are parties in game. Most of the time, the players are split evenly so it might just be that the blue team members quit?" I kind of in the middle between this, but I think it should be fixed even though their are parties. If players want to party up let them go on one team. If players leave after the game starts their is nothing that can be done.

Posted Jan 1, 2019
  8. I have been thinking that a cooldown could help.

Posted Jan 1, 2019
  9. Usually when a glitch like this is caused in an MPS, it's because a party overflows the question system, the system tries to keep the party together, but ends up un-balancing the teams

Posted Jan 1, 2019
  10. this happens in public games of dom

Posted Jan 1, 2019
  11. Yeah good idea Radical.

Posted Jan 1, 2019
  12. Hello! I have never really seen this happen before! On the bright side, we just came out with an update that changes the queuing system and I am almost 100% sure that this will fix any of these known issues! I would also like to mention some of the other problems that this update has fixed and that will help champions! I have seen a lot of players abuse the command /spec to prevent games from starting! Well, this issue is now fixed!
    CaptainPigmans

Posted Jan 12, 2019
  13. What about if they lag out constantly? Would you still administer that punishment?

Posted Jan 12, 2019
  14. Good point, it would be hard to differentiate whether the player is leaving because of network issues. Maybe the system could have a warning system or count system, so if a player leaves 3 times, they get warned, 5 times, a waiting time, etc.

-SaucyStyle

Posted Jan 12, 2019
  15. Or if someone is a child. What if their parents MAKE them go somewhere, or they HAVE to do a chore NOW. Are they going to get punished, unfairly?

Posted Jan 12, 2019
  16. Heya!

As for thread, this has never happened to me. I play a lot of games; Cake Wars, Micro Battles, The Bridges and few other, but I’ve never experienced this issue. However, @CaptainPigmans already explained everything perfectly. But right now, on Mineplex EU server is a new (beta) hub and new queuing system where you can check that out right now! (eu.mineplex.com)

As for suggestion from @SaucyStyle, I don’t think that’s the greatest idea. @Vocaloiid and @Thunderer4215 already brought up a couple examples how this idea can bring false warns / punishments. Other examples that I thought of are the ones that could happen on regular basis:
    - You have to leave because of a meeting, school etc.
    - Power / internet can run off.
    - (For laptops) Battery can run off.
    - Need to leave because it’s too late.

I believe those are the most ‘common’ ones that I could think of. All of those could get falsely punished, and players wouldn’t have evidene to prove it. I also don’t see people joining the lobby and then leaving just so they could ruin someone’s experience...

Posted Jan 12, 2019