• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6138 Players Online
  • 3248 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hardest word to draw?

Discussion in 'Draw My Thing' started by _NameTag_, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Drawing is my favorite aspect of the game. I would be more than happy to draw for all 16 rounds if it would let me. But there are certain words that make me just not wanna do it anymore.

The hardest word for me to draw is "ruins."

I'm not really sure how to begin, so I just draw these weird gray lumps over a green background and hope that people will get it. But I feel that "ruins" isn't a word that a lot of players on the game would think of, even with the hints.

I'd say I'm a pretty adept drawer, but ruins is the one word I dread.

I'm looking forward to seeing other's responses!

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  2. I love DMT, and though I don't have a specific word to say, I think drawing in general is difficult for me. Sometimes, I pick the wrong tool, sometimes I just mess up and can't fix it, other times I'm just downright terrible. But I love the game :)

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    joshbet9 and _NameTag_ like this.
  3. "I love DMT" - Joe S1KH Rogan

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    _NameTag_, mcckaay and ClassN like this.
  4. Personally I'm not a fan of drawing the whisk as, unless people know the word list, it's a pretty obscure item that's not the easiest to recognise on sight.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    _NameTag_ and Xukuwu like this.
  5. There's a couple of words that pop up occasionally that I find myself having a lot of trouble guessing/drawing.

The first one is the one that you mentioned, "ruins". I never really know what to draw as there isn't really anything specific that comes to mind when I hear this word, so I usually end up just drawing a circle of stones or something.

The next word is "pinwheel". It just isn't a word that is used very often nowadays and I always have trouble remembering what it actually is. The first time it came up I actually had to Google it to find out what it was. It's not the hardest thing in the world to draw once you know what it looks like but guessing it is pretty tough.

Another one mentioned above is "whisk". It's pretty difficult to draw because of it's shape and isn't a very popular word in general, which makes guessing and drawing it quite difficult.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    _NameTag_ likes this.
  6. I've got a few words that I don't like drawing or guessing.

Quick - I honestly have no idea how to draw this, I usually depict a person running but it's also a hard one to guess.

Dance and Party - Some of my least favorite words to draw. For these, I draw a crowd of people with some music notes and someone usually guesses it, but I just hate drawing these so much.

Trumpet - Anyone who I've played DMT with knows that when I draw this word, it's a disaster. I'm so bad at it and it turns out as some yellow/gold messy blob. I've had someone guess "lemon" the last time I drew a trumpet.. so that has to stand for something right?

Whisk - As others have said above, this word is not one that's drawn easily, it's also very hard to guess.

I also don't like drawing the pokemon words like mudkip, pikachu, snorlax, and others.

on the other hand.. some of my favorite words are castle, bridge, carrot, and winter :)

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    _NameTag_ likes this.
  7. Hey there!

As many others have said, my hardest word to draw would have to be "Whisk." I honestly don't see how it's even possible to adequately draw and have someone be able to guess what is presented. Anytime I am given this word, my whisk ends up looking like a tornado, and the only way people get points are from lucky guesses. At this point, users have played the game enough to know that a drawing that looks like a tornado but is 5 letters and starts with W, must be whisk. I can't imagine anyone getting points on this word when it was first released, though. Great question, thanks for asking :)

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    _NameTag_ likes this.
  8. Honestly for me, I really struggle trying to try animals. I know that is not a specific word but my drawings for those ends up looking like blobs with four sticks coming out of them. My word might be "cat" and I see drawings ranging from "dog" (understandable) to lion, zebra, and elephant, which becomes a testament to me that I need to work on improving my skills drawing those animals.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    _NameTag_ and ScarletBlood37 like this.
  9. I feel that for some animals, it's hard to put in enough detail. After all, you're drawing out of blocks WITH A MOUSE and you've only got a minute. And at least for me, if only one person guesses it, then it's no big deal because I still get my 2 points ;p

Ah yes. I kinda forgot about that word. Yeah I dislike that one a lot too.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 28, 2020
    thefrogkid and affinity0 like this.
  10. I honestly couldn't agree more. I forgot to mention animals in my original reply, but I struggle greatly when attempting to draw some of them. One of the ones I find fairly easy to create is "Pig," just because it is easily recognizable from the color and structure of the animal. I can never draw a dog or a cat without it looking like an unknown breed of bear, though. I've improved a lot in this area since first starting the game, and I feel like that's one of the great things about Draw My Thing. You can have fun playing with your friends or by yourself, and also improve on your drawing skills, which can translate into real life. Very interesting stuff, sir!

Posted Jul 28, 2020
  11. Hey,

To me, a rhinoceros is the hardest thing to draw. If we define the difficult to illustrate based on the percentage of individuals who correctly guess the word in a lobby, rhinoceros is the most difficult because nobody knows how to spell it correctly. The only reason I am correctly spelling rhinoceros within this post is that I have it on my copy/paste clipboard. I am literally pressing control + v to correctly spell rhinoceros.

It's ridiculous. It's not "rhino." The word is "rhinoceros." Every time I see this in-game I discover more and more new ways to completely misspell the word... The round might as well be called "spelling bee," considering the number of times I've lost a win because I misspell rhinoceros so horribly and the person in second place almost always seems to have the entire freaking dictionary memorized... My misspelling gives them the correct word and I get absolutely nothing despite correctly guessing the word first...

Of course, there's also the word "Charmander." There are many rounds where I or someone else just spells out the word on the board because we have no idea wtf it actually is...

-Dan

Posted Jul 28, 2020
    _NameTag_ likes this.
  12. I used to have trouble with this word too, and also restaurant. But I've ended up playing the game so much, that I've actually forced myself to learn how to spell these! You see, Minecraft DOES teach you something every once in a while.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 28, 2020