• 807 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3386 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Happy Holidays! What is your opinion of the update?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Kombat_8, Dec 2, 2019.

?

Do you like the Update or No?

1. Yes i am loving this update!

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No, i dislike this update

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. For me personally the update has been under performing. I feel mineplex could have done better, for example the lag spikes on the game Christmas chaos. The major part of this is the 4th stage parkour. It feels impossible because every time it switches color the game gets a big lag spike. You can't do anything about this either, so you either suck it up or let your team do it. Which really sucks because i wanted Christmas chaos to be better or equal to the original. But hey what can you do for a minor bug. But my next problem is the game snow fight. Which is absolutely frustrating. It turns micro battle into hard mode. It feels nearly impossible to win a game of snow fight. For me it is probably worse than the nano game which i have complained about. The nano game version there is variety in the kills and difficulty. In the nano game you have many more opportunity's to kill and win. I understand that this is a returning game but c'mon mineplex you can do better. My final oppinion is the Presents, it is made to toy with me i swear. But my problem with them is that they are too spread out and you shouldnt feel like resorting to a youtube video to find them all. Which i know is sad but i hope you understand where im coming from.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  2. I'm rather enjoying the Christmas update. I look forward to this update every year, and this year I was not disappointed. I do agree that Christmas Chaos has been a bit laggy, but with so many moving parts and mobs involved, that is to be expected. Hopefully there will be a way to combat that lag this month. The only problem that I'm having with Snow Fight is that I'm getting glitched on snow in which I end up getting stuck. Other than that, I've really enjoyed the game. As it's a temporary game, I like that it's fast-paced. I think the fast-paced environment of Snow Fight combats the difficulty of it. Because it's so fast, there are more opportunities to play the game, thus more opportunities to win. And if you have a good team, it's not too hard to win every now and then.

As for the presents in the lobby, I like that they're spread out. It really makes the player explore the new Christmas lobby. If the presents were so openly hidden, it wouldn't feel like as much of an achievement when you find them all. Although I did use a guide to find some of the presents, I found it fun to search for a lot of them myself. It allowed me to see the new lobby in all its glory while searching for them rather than just going to a specific location whilst following a guide. Another aspect that I've really been enjoying is the holiday music in the lobby. The developers took a suggestion from the forums and immediately implemented it into the game. I think this was really awesome for them to do and it really added a whole new level of cheerfulness to this already-cheery update.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  3. I am also enjoying the winter holidays update. I must admit, I was only expecting the lobby to be sprinkled with snow and other minor decorations, as well as last year's Christmas Chaos. Fortunately, the update blew away my expectations as the lobby looked stunning just from first glance, as well as other additions that I was not expecting such as Snow Fight and the Advent Calendar.

To address some of your concerns about the update, the first point you brought up is lag in Christmas Chaos. I cannot relate with you on this one as I hardly experience any lag while playing CC. However, I understand that you as well as many other players do find the game laggy which is unfortunate to hear. As for the returning game, Snow Fight, I actually found it to be quite enjoyable. With some luck by being placed in a good team, you can hopefully alleviate some of your frustration by getting wins. The game actually reminds me of Super Paintball and the Sploor game in NANO, and I would say the concept is comparable to those games rather than Micro Battles. Keep in mind the gist of the game is merely to collect snowballs and eliminate other teams with them. The game is definitely not near impossible since there are only four teams, and you will inevitably gain some wins by playing more. Lastly, I agree that the presents hidden in lobbies were way too difficult to find without the use of a tutorial. I was unable to spot most of them and it was clear that many others found it to be extremely challenging as well; some were locations that

Despite minor flaws in the recent update, I am overall very pleased by how it turned out. One of my most favorite parts of this update is that it resulted in a very festive and wintery feel to set the mood for the upcoming holidays. The developers and builders who worked hard on this update definitely deserve credit for their work!

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  4. Hello.

I have actually enjoyed this update so much. When I first logged on, seeing the map and all of the stuff they added brought a smile to my face and got me excited for the Christmas season. The map is stunning, and the present hunt has been nothing but fun. I would like to address all three issues that you had in your post with my own opinion.

First of all, I have not had any lag in Christmas Chaos. It does seem to be a bit of a common problem but I personally have never experienced it. I’ve played a couple games of it and each one has been lag-free and fun. The game is fun and just the right amount of challenging in my opinion and makes me excited about Christmas. The lag is unfortunate, however.

Snow Fight has also blown away my expectations. I’ve never liked the game, and it always a pain to play. However when this update first came out I started playing it. It has turned out to be one of my favorite games of all time is a ton of fun every time I play it. Not to mention, it’s a good team game and takes some strategy. I haven’t had many issues winning games of Snow Fight and I don’t feel like it’s too hard to play. I think the game is pretty balanced and not really that bad. It definitely takes some getting used to and has a slight learning curve but if you are able to do overcome that it’s not really a big deal.

As for the presents, I’m not sure I see your problem with this. The hunt is intentionally hard. If they put all of the presents on the center island everyone would find all of them instantly and the hunt would be useless. The point of the hunt in my opinion is to get people acquainted with the whole map, and in order to do that you have to put the presents all over the map.

This update has been a blast for me so far. The developers, builders, and the Leadership Team all worked really hard on planning and carrying out the update. If brought a smile to my face and has helped me get into the Christmas spirit. Despite some minor flaws the update is still amazing and a ton of fun for me!

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  5. Overall I am enjoying the update. The hub looks great, the advent calendar is a neat idea, and I've especially had a lot of fun with Snow Fight.

I do have some complaints however...

Christmas Chaos is definitely disappointing, I've also been having issues with lag, however rather than it randomly spiking it just seems to stutter a lot, mobs were jerking around which made fighting them tricky. I also think it needs more than 6 people, maybe 10-12.

The present hunt is a bit ridiculous. Do I have to check every branch of the hub tree? Every path of Morgan Freeman's maze? The Hub is just too big and the presents are very small and easy to miss. I know there are probably guides but that kinda defeats the purpose of a treasure hunt and turns it into a checklist.

Posted Dec 3, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 3, 2019