• 1144 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11056 Players Online
  • 9912 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Halloween Update 2020 (10/11/2020)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by DeanTM, Oct 11, 2020.

1. This update is amazing, the builders have done a great job on the map and i especially love the mystery inc van at spawn. The new event is also super fun to play. :D <3

Posted Oct 11, 2020
  2. Get on java and I'll help you :P

Posted Oct 11, 2020
    lotix and StyxKiller03 like this.
  3. Super fun game! Props to the builders and to Moppletop for the great work on this game! I have been playing all day, it is so much fun.

Posted Oct 12, 2020
  4. Yay! So excited about this update and can't wait to play halloween havoc! Great job to everyone who worked on this update :D​

Posted Oct 12, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 12, 2020
  5. Awesome update!! Halloween Havoc is super fun and the lobbies look amazing. I've played a few games already and I've really enjoyed it so far, and I'll definitely be aiming to win some of those rewards in the near future. Super well done to everyone who worked on this!

Posted Oct 12, 2020
  6. Solid update. Pretty much what the game needed. Normal mode and Challenger mode feel more like distinct modes now, as opposed to Normal being "busted" and Challenger being "even more busted". There are still some areas I think could use some work, such as objectives popping up too quickly after one gets done, and how everything sort of just falls apart at the ships (too many mobs spawning, not too much time to figure stuff out before you're rushed). Even with those gripes, the game is obviously polished. The map, lobbies, and pre-game lobbies are all great as is to be expected. I do wish there was more to do outside of the revamped Havoc, though. A lobby hunt would have been great, as would have the trick or treating NPC's from years ago, as would have flaming pumpkins with cosmetics/shards/gems inside. There doesn't seem to be a way to get the old chests outside of buying them with shards; I think ideally, that would have been a good reason to bring back Halloween Horror, Pumpkin's Revenge, or even Castle Siege. One chest per win per game, maximum 2 rewarding wins. Something like that, I don't know. I've always enjoyed the holiday events because there was stuff to do outside of playing the main game, and meh, once you've beaten both of the modes, you don't have a reason to get on anymore. Don't get me wrong, Havoc is still fun.

I think a good model for future holiday events would be something similar to Christmas 2019 where the advent calendar incentivized getting on and playing every day. You got rewarded for spending your time with Mineplex, and Mineplex got rewarded by having those extra players on who could potentially buy shop items and support the server. If that concept could somehow be applied to future Halloween events- or heck, any holiday- that would benefit everyone. For example, maybe there's a big, spooky clock tower in the lobby with a countdown to Halloween, and every day, you have to get on, do whatever that day's task is, and reap the rewards; rewards are ***ulative and stack depending on how many successive days you've completed them.

Sorry if my feedback is a little all over the place here. Overall, this update was great; I just feel a little more could have been done with it to incentivize people playing.

So in conclusion: 0/10. No farmer skeletons.

Posted Oct 13, 2020
  7. I don't like the new flame blast for the Mage, it's less powerful than before and it doesn't launch any enemies away. The Blizzard does less damage and pushing back too. Also The Berserkers shouldn't have to take fall damage every time they do a seismic slam.

Posted Oct 13, 2020
  8. Are the exploding pumpkins back?

Posted Oct 14, 2020
    SpyNinja__ and Mohawk2 like this.
  9. I agree that Halloween Havoc is really enjoyable this time around. It's a great gamemode to play with friends!

Posted Oct 14, 2020
  10. Nice to see Halloween Havoc get that very needed revamp. It's definitely something new for a change and it was really fun playing through the game this year. Looking forward to the next seasonal updates.

Posted Oct 15, 2020
  11. I really enjoyed this update and had tons of fun with the revamped Halloween Havoc.

Posted Oct 15, 2020
  12. Are the flaming pumpkins BACK??????//

Posted Oct 15, 2020
    SPOOKY BOI LEGEND998 likes this.
  13. Can someone explain to me how "The World ability works?"

Posted Oct 17, 2020
  14. Awesome update! This is my first year playing Halloween Havoc and I immensely enjoy it. I’ve been able to both modes, but despite this I still find it fun to play as it’s overall just an enjoyable and rewarding game to play. Definitely love the addition of the Among Us cosmetics as well!

Posted Oct 17, 2020
  15. The fire blast and the blizzard for the Mage kit are too weak, they need a buff. The fire blast doesn't even work the same as Last year's, the old one shot out a high damaging fire ball which knocked back any mob that was caught in the blast radius. Now it's literally just napalm spray. The blizzard doesn't do as much knockback as it used to either. It was much stronger in every previous Halloween game.

Posted Oct 17, 2020
  16. The World is the ability to stop time for mobs for 10 seconds. It's a reference to Dio's Stand, The World, in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
    [​IMG]

Posted Oct 17, 2020
    Klobby likes this.
  17. ZA WORLDU TOKI NO TOMARE.

Posted Oct 18, 2020
    Blastronaut and Klobby like this.
  18. Having beaten Challenger mode, here's my take:
    The new map is cool. However, Challenger Mode still has the same core issue as previous years.
    Challenger changes to the bosses consist only of sponging up the HP and DMG. It should've made dodging attacks more difficult with only slight stat buffs. The healing phases for Gendo and Pumpkin King are also very unnecessary and don't truly add anything interesting. They just make the bosses more infuriating. The arena size for Molten Snake, King and maybe Prince could use an increase as well. The puzzle area is fine in its current state though.
    I hate to say it, but overall, this version of Halloween Havoc feels like a downgrade.

Posted Oct 18, 2020

19. Loving the update so far! Great work!​

Posted Oct 19, 2020
  20. :derphappy: love the updates!

I love the update!

Always love the new updates their thinking of!

Always love the updates of the devs and new games

Happy Halloween Updates!

LOVE THE UPDATE Dean!

Posted Oct 20, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Oct 24, 2020