• 459 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8897 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Halloween or Christmas

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KyleKurtFan18, Oct 9, 2019 at 11:31 AM.

?

Halloween or Christmas

1. Halloween

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Christmas

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  1. Which holiday do you like the best? Personally Christmas is my favorite.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 11:31 AM
  2. I absolutely love Christmas. My best childhood memories were on and around that day. You open presents, sit by the fire, and personally, have home-cooked bacon and eggs. On Christmas Eve, we go to my great-aunt's house. She throws the best Christmas Eve party. My whole dads-side of the family is there (we celebrate every other holiday with my mom's side). It's so fun to see cousins I barely get to see. We go at 6, come back at 12. It's about an hour drive so it is quite the trip on Christmas Eve. Then, we go to sleep, wake up in the morning to the smell of bacon, and know that today will just be about staying home and having a grand ol' time with your family.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 11:42 AM
  3. Heyo!

If you couldn't already tell, I would definitely have to choose Christmas. It brings me a lot more childhood memories than Halloween, and overall for me is more enjoyable. Not going to lie, I love opening presents throughout the day and getting some of my most-wanted items for the price of $0.00 (but of course I give gifts as well). Last year, my family and I went up to a beach house and I baked some cookies with my step-sister. It was a lot of fun, and I got to see a lot of my family members. Cutting down my own Christmas tree is always fun as well. Why wake up to the smell of a rotting pumpkin when you can wake up to some presents and some hot cocoa? Can't forget sleeping as well :)

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 11:54 AM
  4. Def Christmas. Halloween is just a day where you collect candy and dress up to something scary, and after one day, it's over. Christmas lasts much, much longer and it's such a nice time. I love to bake delicious christmas cookies, watch the good old Christmas movies and just feel the Christmas Spirit.

I come from Norway, and here we have many traditions that other countries do not have, so that makes the Christmas Holiday more special for me.

So overall, I would definitely choose Christmas instead of Halloween because Halloween is just one day where you go trick or treat or to a party with a scary costume, but Christmas lasts much longer and it's a more special holiday than the other holidays that we've got.

Christmas is my favorite time of the year, what about you guys?

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 12:01 PM
  5. Would definitely have to agree with you @KyleKurtFan18 Christmas is my favourite too! I personally love the time of the year because my midterms and final exams are being done and my winter break is just around the corner. Everyone also just seems to be in a happy mood giving back to one another and helping the needy, which is something I always love to see. I also love being around family which is something I do not get to do often and eat a lot of turkey! Halloween is also cool and would be a close second! I love rewatching Halloween movies like bettlejuice, halloweentown, twitches, and others. Why do you like Christmas more KyleJurtFan18? Id love to know.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 12:05 PM
  6. Hey!

I would have to say that Christmas is by far my favourite holiday. This is because you can gather around with your family and the excitement that you all have to open your presents is something I'll never forget! Also, I love being around the table with my family eating dinner and chatting. Another reason why this is one of my favourite holidays is that everyone gives back to everyone and everyone is happy. Looking forward to seeing the replies!

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 12:08 PM
  7. Are you asking kyleJurtfan18 or me? But in all seriousness, I like Christmas better because of the PRESENTS that I get! Oh, and also giving presents to others of course...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 1:01 PM
  8. I think that everyone likes Christmas better, unless they don't have a lovely Christmas that everyone should have

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 1:10 PM
  9. Hey!

Christmas is my all-time favorite holiday of the year. I love being around my extended family and buying gifts for all of them. I love seeing the smiles on their faces when they open their gifts and that's all I could truly ask for. Sure it's nice to get presents as well but that truly doesn't matter to me. I don't need everything in the world to make me happy. All I want is for others to be happy. For example, last Christmas, my mom and I volunteered at a homeless shelter and got to help celebrate this holiday with those less fortunate. That I would say was one of the best moments in my life, seeing families rejoicing knowing that there are people looking out for them in this world and that they aren't alone.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 1:25 PM
    TooMuchXMas4You and AceSJus like this.
  10. I love both holidays but for me, Christmas reigns supreme. First of all, there are several holidays in December and the timing of Christmas makes it feel very special. There is a nice, long break from school and the beautiful scenery of houses covered with snow (for my state at least). And even after Christmas is over, there is still New Years' Day to look forward to. It seems that everyone is in a really great mood during this time of year and I can't wait until the holidays are right around the corner. Don't get me wrong, getting to eat excessive amounts of candy is pretty cool, but I prefer Christmas for a multitude of reasons.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 2:20 PM
  11. Christmas because presents... and spending time with family of course.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 2:50 PM
  12. So as a religious Christian, I would have to say Christmas due to everything it means to me - the birth of Jesus, but also the birth of a new year, new hope and a chance to start all over again, knowing deep down that you are at peace with God. Halloween, on the other hand, is seen as a pagan tradition and is therefore not celebrated in my country, although in more rural communities an old tradition called "fašnik" is still preserved, and it is basically Halloween in late winter, as something that is left from old pagan Slavic traditions of invocating spring weather. Halloween is still a nice thing to discuss and celebrate with those who do, especially on Mineplex.

Back to Christmas though, I do enjoy the non religious aspects of the holiday, too. Spending time with family (which is rarely together due to divorce & other siblings moving out), watching certain movies, enjoying the little Christmas lights on the tree and watching the epic sunsets that occur in this time of the year... What I definitely think would make it a lot better though, is having snow on the occasion. The continental climate present in my city has allowed for white Christmases over 90% of the time in the past, but since moving to it four years ago, a snowy Christmas day has yet to occur (and since I'm a wintery person, I absolutely hate global warming for this).

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 5:21 PM
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.