• 308 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 308 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[Halloween Havoc] Needed Modifications

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Danese, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Hey,

So I've decided to make a thread regarding needed changes in this year's Halloween event. There are many issues across the game that I feel desperately needs to be addressed.

Overall Game Modifications

- Creepers' explosive power desperately needs to be reduced.
    Reason:
    In my experience, a rogue with full health can be 1 shotted by a creeper from up to 10 blocks away. That's unnecessarily excessive and only serves to frustrate players while punishing newer players who are using the berserker kit and making a Creeper explode.
    Through NBT data, you can modify the creeper's base power. A charged creeper has its base power multiplied by a mathematical equation. Find it, then modify the creeper's base power so that charged creepers are not as excessively brutal.

-The horde of mobs at the start of the game should be killed once all players enter the sewers.
    Reason:
    The abundance of mobs creates severe lag for many players within the sewers (and only within the sewers). There's no reason that it should be up to us to prevent ourselves from having our ping yeet itself by spending time killing all of the mobs at the start of the game.

-Remove fall damage when getting jettisoned from the sewers
    Reason:
    If you have a poor connection, you end up dying from fall damage when you get launched from the sewers. This is incredibly frustrating and can be fixed simply by preventing players from taking fall damage in this spot.

Map Modifications

-The amount of barriers across the map is absurd and should be significantly reduced.
    Reason:
    There are many areas across the map- especially around the clock tower- where it would appear that one would not get stuck by barriers. In particular, there are many rocks towards the entrance of the path that you head down after defeating Gendo that have 1-block-tall spots with barriers on top of them. Because of this, players get cornered by mobs in a place where a corner need not exist.
    Additionally, the Giant is able to ascend the map by riding the map's barriers and is able to walk around the barrier roof. Why there is a barrier roof, I have no idea. As such, remove the barrier roof.

Kit Alterations

Archer Kit

-Remove the cooldown for the left-click ability on the bow and have it not use up any arrows.
    Reason:
    The archer kit is a liability in every match. Although it is important for all of the kits to require one another to succeed, it is also important that all kits are able to hold their own in certain situations. For the archer kit, there is no passive ability that allows for it to regain health. As such, the kit needs to be able to hold its own when being cornered by mobs. This machine gun ability would be perfect if it did not eat up any arrows and if it did not have any cooldown to use.

-Reduce damage dealt to the user by skeletons' arrows by half
    Reason:
    Since the kit has no regeneration ability, and even if its machine gun ability worked as outlined above, the kit is still incredibly vulnerable to arrows. Unlike the mage kit, the archer kit cannot regenerate its own health. As such, the kit ends up becoming more of a liability in areas such as the sewers, where skeleton aimbot ping-pongs users into corners. Reducing the health lost by arrows for this kit would give it a better chance when running through the sewers, and would take the focus off of the user utilizing the kit for the other members of the team who are already attempting to get their mage through.

-Increase the barrage arrow offset
    (IE barrage arrows are shot at further angles from the angle to which the individual is shooting at)
    Reason:
    The extremely limited angle of these arrows' offsets results in these arrows hitting a single target repeatedly, which effectively eats all of the other arrows being shot towards an opponent. As such, this ability is extremely ineffective against any target. By having the arrows' angles' offsets being increased, arrows are more likely to land on different targets, making them more useful.

-Increase arrow damage dealt to creepers by 100%
    Reason:
    Creepers are a hindrance, even with the requested changes listed above. By having the kit specialize in killing creepers, there would be more of an incentive for users to deploy a marksman in their challenger matches. Even though this could be seen as a steep increase in dealt damage, this kit needs some type of specialty, and this would most definitely provide just that.

Archer's Ultimate
    -Change the ultimate from flaming arrows to something more along the lines of shower arrows
    (Specifically, when used, arrows will rain down from directly above within a 5-7 block radius and would deal 25% health to the mobs it hits (4 hits would kill a mob, despite its health - does not include bosses obviously))
    Reason:
    With this type of ultimate, the archer kit would be more useful in offense combat. Additionally, this type of ultimate could potentially provide some assistance when trying to revive an individual within a group of mobs.

Berserker

-Remove fall damage when using ground slam
    Reason:
    There's no reason that a berserker should be punished for using their kit abilities as they were intended, and fall damage caused by ground slam does just that.

Edit: 10/31/20

TNT Minecart Bugs

-When the Minecart is stopped at the puzzle area, you can make the Minecart fall into the lava by inflicting sprint-knockback towards the Minecart.

-When at this same point, you can push the minecart back to its starting position using the exact same technique. This results in the Minecart not being able to make it back to the lava area, as the game gives the Minecart velocity towards the block that it is held up against. This makes the Minecart unusable since you cannot smack the Minecart in the correct direction without the game pushing it back to where it started. This means you must restart the game.

-Spectators can move the Minecart using this same technique. This allows them to troll players in both ways above. Additionally, if dead, a team member can move the Minecart across the mob horde at the end of the maze while the rest of the team just waits for their dead teammate to complete this task. (Sorry HHC communities that use this to their advantage, though should you exist, I was unaware ;0;).

According to rumors, none of these issues can be fixed. As such, I have another idea.
    Instead of using a TNT Minecart, why not use a creeper?

TNT Minecart Solution

Introducing: Carl!

Carl has come to help you on your quest to slay the Pumpkin King!
    How he would replace the TNT Minecart:

-Players need not push Carl. Carl is his own free man... creeper... plant(?). He moves along the paths as they become clear.

-At the end of the maze, instead of trying to push a minecart through the horde of mobs, players would need to protect Carl. Witches will be trying to poison Carl! They must be stopped!
    Note: Witches will not actually deal poison to Carl. Rather, they would simply deal damage to Carl.

-Carl would have a set amount of health. You can see it above his head. He has twice as many tick bar thingies as iron zombies from Gendo on Easy, and the same amount on Challenger.

-Once you have gotten Carl to the side of the cave safely, he will sacrifice himself for Mineplex by blowing open the entrance!

What a truly loyal Mineplex Representative! <3

Personal Notes:

If the witches kill Carl, one of the players in the game would have a text that says "CARL NOOOOO!" (This is the exact same formatting as the current dialog in the game).

-Dan

Posted Oct 27, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 31, 2020
  2. I one hundred percent agree with the idea that mobs from previous areas should be wiped upon entering a new area (the sewer). It does cause lag and poses an issue for tactics like speed-running. (This is especially true in challenger mode). I also agree with removing fall-damage from beserker's ground slam attack as it can be a death sentence when trying to slam enemies from a tall height.

To be realistic though I don't think any changes will be made to the Halloween Havoc game at this period in time considering the game will most likely be removed within 1-2 weeks from now as Halloween is almost over.

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    Danese, Paladise and Fusafez like this.
  3. I would love to see these changes made however I don't see it being fixed this year since there's only 3 days till Halloween at time of writing. I know a lot of the community agrees with these points and there has been a lot of frustration based around some of the points to do with lag. It would however be really cool to see these issues fixed and additions added if the game makes a return in 2021 ^^

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  4. Hey, I agree with all of these changes although as said above there's no point in making them now. The changes being made before next year would be nice though since I completely agree with a lot of your points. Another suggestion I had myself was that if multiple people stand on someone while reviving them, the revive rate would double or even triple. Basically, this would make it much easier to revive people quickly and make there be more of a reason to have multiple teammates guarding a player while reviving them since I already see this happening a lot anyway. Thanks for the ideas, I look forward to seeing how the game will be updated should it return next year :)

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  5. Indeed there isn't; however, these ideas should be documented and taken into consideration for next year (so I don't need to make this thread again xd)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 27, 2020
    affinity0 and Disgruntle like this.
  6. fully agree with you on all these points, especially the ground slam not taking fall damage. I have died at least 10 times due to this :/ and I think you can back me up on this as you have been the one to heal me some of those times lol. I hope they make these changed before they do it next year Halloween (if they plan on using this same game mode)

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  7. Hey,

So after playing an unhealthy amount of Halloween Havoc (Normal mode), it came to my attention that... well... the TNT Minecart is extremely broken in oh so many ways.
    By sprinting and smacking the minecart, you are able to transfer your momentum into kinetic energy, which is given to the Minecart and allows it to be moved in ways that it shouldn't be allowed to move.
    Specifically, the following issues occur:

-When the Minecart is stopped at the puzzle area, you can make the Minecart fall into the lava by dealing sprinting knockback towards the Minecart.

-When at this same point, you can push the minecart back to its starting position using the exact same technique. This results in the Minecart not being able to make it back to the lava area, as the game gives it velocity towards the block that it is held up against. This makes the Minecart unusable, and you must restart the game.

-Spectators can move the Minecart using this same technique. This allows them to troll players in both ways above. Additionally, if dead, a team member can move the Minecart across the mob horde at the end of the maze while the rest of the team just waits for their dead teammate to complete this task. (Sorry HHC communities that use this to their advantage, though should you exist, I was unaware ;0;).

According to rumors, none of these issues can be fixed. As such, I have another idea.
    Instead of using a TNT Minecart, why not use a creeper?

Introducing: Carl! Carl has come to help you on your quest to slay the Pumpkin King!
    How he would replace the TNT Minecart:

-Players need not push Carl. Carl is his own free man... creeper... plant(?). He moves along the paths as they become clear.

-At the end of the maze, instead of trying to push a minecart through the horde of mobs, players would need to protect Carl. Witches will be trying to poison Carl! They must be stopped!
    Note: Witches will not actually deal poison to Carl. Rather, they would simply deal damage to Carl.

-Carl would have a set amount of health. You can see it above his head. He has twice as many tick bar thingies as iron zombies from Gendo on Easy, and the same amount on Challenger.

-Once you have gotten Carl to the side of the cave safely, he will sacrifice himself for Mineplex by blowing open the entrance! What a truly loyal Mineplex Representative! <3

-Dan

P.S.
    This idea will also be added to the main thread for ease of access!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 31, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 1, 2020
  8. I like the idea but i'd rather have Halloween Horror back than an improved Halloween Havoc
    It was just way more fun to play with 16 players instead of 4 and the voice acting is so nostalgic.

Posted Oct 31, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  9. Hey there!

I overall agree with this thread and am glad you pointed these out. One of my favorites you mentioned was the fall damage of the berserker for the ground slam as it makes it hard to use the ability at times especially at lower health. Sadly it’s now Halloween and the game will be be leaving soon, so maybe if next years seasonal game is somewhat like this they can incorporate these!

Posted Nov 1, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  10. Update isn’t needed since the game is gonna go away real soon, however they would be good things to consider for 2021’s Halloween Havoc. +1.

Posted Nov 1, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  11. +1

The ideas are wonderful and I can definitely see how it could improve Halloween Havoc in so many ways, however, I doubt it will be fixed by this year since Halloween happened already and the mode is probably already removed from Mineplex. However it would be cool if they fixed Halloween Havoc and gave us a remastered version for next Halloween.

Posted Nov 1, 2020
    Danese likes this.