• 539 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8977 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Halloween Havoc game mode!

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by TheProTroller, Oct 9, 2019 at 7:46 AM.

?

Is this new festive gamemode hard?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. It's not too bad

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. I mean this is honestly crazy. They made the Halloween Havoc game mode extra hard this year. I was playing the game mode for around half an hour and then I'm fighting the prince at the top of the castle and I mean he just won't die I got him to about half health and then he just spawns more of his diamond-clad guards I mean the normal mode is really hard for me I mean the extra hard mode is gonna be crazy? You need to fight a lot of enemies than fight a giant zombie while running from witches. You then need to fight this floating angel guy and I mean that was pretty hard. Then you need to fight forest zombies while looking for TNT. After you go into the cave you need to do all of these annoying little puzzles. Then you have to run from zombie pigmen slaves while fighting this giant magma snake!

After all that I'm like sweet, what's my reward? No, you thought it was done your dreaming. You then need to run up to a massive castle and explore it for a while. After you find the throne room you need to talk to the pumpkin king. You need to fight hordes of his pet minions and then you're like finally! I get to battle the king. Oh, wait nevermind his son the Pumpkin Prince will battle you now. You need to fight this guy who's on a skeleton horse and has diamond bodyguards and if you kill them they just come back....
    And I mean to be honest, I'm assuming you do a really long battle with the Pumpkin King after I mean like it's really hard just me?

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 7:46 AM
  2. Heya!

Mineplex is sorta famous for making their event game modes extremely hard and they do that to make the feeling of winning after all that grinding even better! I'd suggest assembling a team who really knows what they are doing, or get some friends in a discord call, or play with me because I'll be grinding this game as well!

It also makes having that diamond sword name feel better and it's more of a trophy than it is a weapon name, you get to show off to others that you did the impossible and it shows you that mineplex won't just hand you things, you gotta work for them and that's what keeps people playing that event minigame, if it was easy, it would be boring but the challenge is what people want.

Prepare for the game, get the right team, and just get overall lucky and victory will find you.

Good Luck! :D

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 9:08 AM
  3. Hello,

Thanks for giving us some feedback about Halloween Havoc! However, we will not be changing the overall mechanics at this time. The gamemode is meant to be challenging for our players and requires lots of teamwork to be able to kill the Pumpkin King. While the Challenger mode is certainly much harder, they are both achievable if you play correctly and work with your team to be able to get as far as you can.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 10:38 AM
    TheProTroller likes this.
  4. Hey!
    With Challenger Mode, the purpose of it is to be very difficult. For me, completing it this year was much easer - the previous year, I made countless attempts only to beat it just before the removal.

What I suggest is to find a great team, as playing alongside strangers just doesn't cut it. As for communication, if you're comfortable with talking, that can benefit your team. The team does not have to be permanent or specifically organized, however found in the lobby or one of the many official or unofficial Discords that offer possibilites to locate teammates. If you're taking on the approach of gathering a team in-game, I suggest asking in communities.

For the actual game, distribution of kits is very important. I completed the Challenger Mode with two Rogues, one Mage, one Archer, but there's a lot of variety in terms of player's preferences. As one solid though, you always need a Mage. I would get good at two or more kits so you aren't kicked out of your party if your main isn't included in the roster.

Giant: Use one of the exploits. I always get into the house with the ladder, climb the ladder, and crouch in-between floors. This gets the zombie stuck, and you can hit it freely without taking any damage.

Gendo: The Rogue(s) should camp on top of the pumpkin, and hop down when their ultimate is recharged. Once the ultimate expires, they should immediately head back to camping. The Archer and Mage are the main source of damage - they should snipe from the tree and roof (or vice verca), where they cannot be hit and can shoot at Gendo without distraction.

Woods: Have the Rogue(s) collect all of the pumpkins, while the Archer and Mage camp.

The Pumpkin Prince (whole thing): For the part with the Pigman and Witches, the rogues should take care of most of the combat. If that gets overwhelming and close to impossible, the mage can activate their ultimate near a clump of mobs to decrease the numbers.The Mage and Archer will shoot at the mobs attached to them. In this stage, it is vital for the Mage to wisp at all time - though that should already be happening.
    Regarding the prince itself, make sure it targets a Rogue, as the Mage and Archer need to be free of combat in close proximity.

The King: Not much to say here - snipe the blazes first, and while the King is temporarily gone, kill off the mobs.

Tips not oriented to one round:
    1. Don't use Brute, it is the worst kit and can only be effective in Normal.
    2. Use Healing Wisps whenever possible.

Note: Did not include the magma, puzzles, maze, or parkour, as I feel they do not require explanation. However, if you need assistance in those, ask me!

Good luck, and if you need a partner, feel free to contact me! c:

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 2:29 PM,
    Last edited Oct 9, 2019 at 3:04 PM
    TheProTroller and Xukuri like this.
  5. This will help me a lot actually thanks! XD

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 2:55 PM
    TheProTroller and Lila like this.
  6. It's difficult when half of your team leaves. Haven't had a single normal, fair game yet, yet I killed the prince on my own. How does that work?

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 3:37 PM
  7. Event game modes are meant to be difficult to allow for players to play them more and also grind them more! I think that the actual game rewards from HH are insignificant, but the main driving reward is the Diamond Sword name, which is pretty rare in itself if you complete challenger you actually get one!

You need 1 mage at least, and 1 rogue at least usually to ensure you have enough efficiency in plowing through mobs, and you need a source of healing and an ultimate for when people are killed and need reviving!​

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 4:09 PM
  8. Heh, yeah, I’ve played it a few times and beat the entire thing once because my team just happened to be poifect. The pumpkin king battle consists of what I think was fireballs shooting at you, anvils falling from the sky over red circles, floating pumpkin heads that fly at you, and I can’t remember for sure if there was mobs but I’m pretty sure there was and there probably was.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 5:14 PM
  9. I have to say, I completely agree with you BBoy. The satisfaction of getting the sword name which not many people have is so much better than just having it given in an easy 16 player lobby (Halloween horror). With that being said, I agree that the Halloween Havoc is hard, but is rewarding and will take a lot of practice to beat!

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 6:05 PM
  10. I mean for 10000 xp if you win as well that's not bad either :D

Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 8:23 AM
  11. Pretty sure the reason they leave is the play again thing in the settings that auto joins you to a new game when you die

Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 8:51 AM
  12. challenger really isn't that difficult, i beat it in a random pub with people i'd never met before lol. imo the best team composition is 1 mage, 1 rogue, 1 archer, and the fourth slot can be anything really (another rogue for more damage output, another mage for more heals, another archer for more long-range dmg, or a berserker just to tank everything and put out damage). we won with 1 of each class and tbh it wasn't all that hard to do and i imagine it'd be even easier with people you know that understand how to win. ofc there are a few slight issues with the game (skellies and witches ignoring za warudo, giant being way too easy to beat, maze and light puzzle being extremely easy after you've done them a few times, etc.) but overall i really liked the change they went for with this year's HH, and challenger mode is definitely much harder than normal while still being very doable. keep trying and get better with multiple classes and i'm sure you'll win in no time

Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 12:29 PM
  13. The only problem is people complaining about archer

Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 6:06 PM
  14. What do you mean

Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 7:09 PM
  15. While I feel I could win with a decent squad, there isn't enough time to decide kits in a game with random people and often you can end up with 3 mages and an archer or berserker. It is also extremely difficult to find a server where people choose to do challenger mode.

2 times I have beaten this thinking I was playing challenger before finding out it was normal (when in a squad of people who are trying to do challenger). It would be nice if the game showed what mode it was for more than a few seconds at the beginning.

IMO they should split the game into HHN servers and HHC servers so people who are after challenger can find other challenger people since this is a pain.

Also if the autoquit thing was fixed that would be good. Sucks when someone dies immediately and then quits. Also I have had trouble joining games when in a party where the party has been unable to join any games.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 9:17 AM
  16. Although Halloween Havoc may seem quite challenging at first, with more grinding and finding a good team, it's very possible to complete the game. As others said, the point of it is to be difficult so that players will keep attempting to win the game and receive the rewards.

I agree. Increasing the wait time in lobbies may be helpful as selecting kits and sometimes deciding on a difficulty could take up some time.

I would also like to see an indication of Normal or Challenger mode before the game starts, preferably in the message that contains the objective of the game. I don't think this would be very difficult to add and would be beneficial when not knowing if a certain difficulty option has won the vote.

Splitting game servers may be a good idea. If a player is not up to join a party or a call, they would benefit from specific servers because it is not always easy to convince players in a game to vote for a certain option.

This issue has been forwarded to QA and it will most likely be fixed whenever there is enough development time.

However, it's worth noting that Halloween Havoc will probably be around for only a couple weeks, so these bugs and suggestions are not a priority. There might be time available to implement the above, but we will need to see what happens.

Posted Oct 12, 2019 at 11:26 PM
  17. And it seems like they're never going to fix it at this point and the game will always been impossible to win unless you have friends to play with. I submitted a bug report a week ago and it's not replied to yet. Only thing I can do right now is tell people in every game to turn the option off but people don't always do that.

Posted Oct 13, 2019 at 1:10 PM