• 188 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5064 Players Online
  • 4876 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Halloween Havoc Challenger-The Ultimate Guide

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by BlazeFire, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Par the request of many, I'm going to do a complete and thorough overview of how to conquer Halloween Havoc's seemingly insurmountable difficulty. I know this would have been more useful a week ago, but better late than never I suppose. I needed that time to gather screenshots and recordings and to try and truly figure everything out. I also managed to rack up six wins, including two back-to-back AND a speedrun, which I'll also be discussing. I'll be breaking this down into sections, and without further ago, let's cut to the chase (note this will STILL BE VIABLE IN 2022 should they choose to reuse the exact map or certain major components-it's future proof) (also, not these gifs/recordings were done in normal mode, but what's being shown makes no difference):

• Preparation: If you're an average player just looking for your first win, know it could take hours or even days, and without a good team, it's never gonna happen. For example, if not a single member of your squad can beat the parkour (LIKE ME), you might as well give up and find a replacement. In general, you want a well-rounded team that can cover your weaknesses. If you always go out on the giant, find people that make it look easy. If you don't know the maze, learn it or find someone that does. Kits are also important. Rogue is by far the best, an incredibly fast, strong, and versatile glass cannon that can mow down hordes of enemies, or rack up major damage on a single one. I'd suggest bringing two or three, a full team of four if you're good enough and if you want the best odds for sub 18. More realistically though, you're gonna want three Rogues and one Mage, speedrun or not. Mage isn't that good on its own, but the immense utility and support it provides through healing wisps, passive regeneration, World revives, and cover fire makes it almost mandatory. While it'll be the Rogue's job to cull out the enemies and get in their face (note-dash can partially or totally recharge itself if it hits enough enemies), Mages are normally best standing back and spamming heals and ranged attacks as often as possible (Fire Blast is great for farming ultimate % and deals good damage to groups, plus the burn. It's also a great tool against the first three bosses.). They can't get around nearly as well as Rogues since they lack any movement-related skills or abilities. Berserker can be used as a handicap for people who don't do well with Rogue or want the extra bulk, Rogue does take a bit of practice, but using Archer is just saying "I wanna lose". I'll be focusing on strategies related to the three Rogues, one Mage, as that's normally the way to go, but as general rule of thumb, if you're a Berseker, just try and keep up, and don't get in a pickle because you lack healing or the tools for a quick escape that Rogue has. (Regarding Blind Rage-it's basically useless against the bosses, but can help with damaging large groups of mobs all at once and keeping them away during a revive as an alternative to World.) (Another miscellaneous tip-log in using clans.mineplex.com to minimize lag.)

• Joining a Game (+Preperation Continued): Sometimes just getting a game started is a challenge in itself. Normally I like to spectate a game of three beforehand and size them up. If I see they can make it past the giant or Gendo, I'll consider sticking around to aid them next round when they most likely lose. Don't bother with games that are just starting out. There's a good chance they'll go down early (which is a bad sign for you going forward if you stay) and even if they don't you'll just be waiting around too long. The queue has also been-iffy-at best. You can always just queue Challenger and hope for the best, but there's no guarantee you'll even get into a game. The thing's bugged, or if they fixed it, it just happened and you can ignore this part. It's worse getting in with a party than by yourself. Bringing two, three, or four players in at once has proven to be very faulty, and if you want to get your whole party in, I've learned the best trick is to BREAK THE PARTY UP, SEND ONE PLAYER TO AN EMPTY GAME USING /server HHC-#, AND THEN HAVING THEM REPARTY THEIR ALLIES QUICKLY FROM THE GAME. Parties are a great way to get a good group together, and normally provide better coordination and overall chances than a random lobby. Being on a Discord call makes it even easier. Don't even think about doing a speedrun unless you know you're going in with three others that are up to the task. Normally I seek out people with ranks (specifically better ones) or a high level, as they tend to be more skilled and experienced overall. However, having three pros on your side normally doesn't mean much if you can't pull your own weight to some extent. It's nearly impossible for even the best players to pull off a carry. DON'T BE DEAD WEIGHT. Also, if you're going for a speedrun, have one or more of your team members use a stopwatch to help everyone keep pace. (you might also wanna practice with your team in normal mode beforehand, ESPECIALLY for a speedrun) If you're looking for a party, ask around in Lobby-1 or volunteer to join someone else's when you see an offer. Who knows, even I may be willing to help you.

• 1. Opening: So you've got your team, you've got your kits, and you're ready for action. Good stuff! Now, what do you do right out of the gate? My best answer-barrel through all the mobs in the opening street AND sewer and only fight the ones when you come out. This is easy for skilled Rogues with their dash and leap, but more difficult for other kits. Mages (of which there should only be one, two if you push it) can camp on one of two ledges in the first section and farm their ultimate (if there are two Mages, at least one MUST follow the Rogues). They'll be teleported to the other street once the Rogues have swept through the mobs at the sewer exit and summoned the giant. Being apart from the Mage means no healing for that first minute or two, and dashing through all those mobs can be risky, even with speed, double jumps, and recall (a self-heal that restores 4 hearts AND sends you to the player with the least amount of mobs around them within 40 blocks (if there is one, otherwise it heals, but no tp), which is great for staying healthy and/or getting out of a jam, bit of a cooldown though), but if you want to play it more carefully, there are several spots where Rogues can easily reach and camp too and swat away the enemies till they're all gone without being touched (Rogues can dash and Berserkers can Seismic Slam while facing down to damage all the mobs underneath them). It just takes way longer. When you're ready, summon the giant by standing in the box. Be ready though, it'll come right at you from just a few blocks away! Latching onto the player closest to the sewer. If the three people in the box stand on the side opposite the sewer, the Mage will spawn in the middle and it will lock onto them, which is good, as this allows the more offensive Rogues a chance to do more work, all three of them, without one having to tank.
    • Opening-Speedrun: Rogues MUST rush sewers and Mage should almost certainly stay behind. Rogues NEED to use their dash to dispose of the mobs at the sewer exit as quickly as possible. As soon as the box appears, go for it! If there are still mobs, knock them away while summoning the giant, they'll all despawn when it appears. Only a certain percent of mobs when you exit the sewer need to be killed and the ones below can and should be completely ignored. This should take around a minute.
    OPENING RUSH:
    [​IMG]
    MAGE CAMPING SPOT ONE:
    [​IMG]
    MAGE CAMPING SPOT TWO:
    [​IMG]
    ROGUE CAMPING SPOT:
    [​IMG]
    CORRECT SIDE OF BOX:
    [​IMG]

• 2. Giant Fight: This is the first boss, and the one that normally breaks most weaker teams. Even stronger ones may struggle with it. For starters-it's a lottery. The number of mob hordes it summons and when it does so are completely random. I've had times where I go the entire fight without it spewing zombies and skeletons and out (notably shorter ones), and others where it just won't stop (I believe it caps at five if none are killed). Mobs make it hard to close in on the giant to pummel it while also threatening serious damage against paper-thin Rogues in groups. If it starts summoning them, try to focus on the big guy as much as possible and pick off the remainders during the Gendo dialogue. As soon as the giant appears, have the player baiting it lead it STRAIGHT down the street to the clock tower while the Rogues are constantly whittling it down. Using one or two Rogue ults isn't a bad idea if you get the chance, like right at the start. Be prepared though, every 10 seconds, if there's another player close by, it will change targets (although occasionally I've noticed, it doesn't). And this can catch you off guard if you're not ready to run, leap, or dash away and result in you being pinned and killed. If a revive is necessary, ALWAYS HAVE THE PERSON THAT'S LEADING THE GIANT BRING IT AWAY FROM THE CORPSE so the other two can pull off a safe heal. IF AT ANY POINT IN THE ENTIRE GAME YOU NEED TO USE WORLD TO PULL OFF A SAFE REVIVE, DO IT, it's always worth it, UNLESS there are no mobs nearby or few enough you can just knock them back OR Gendo's about to drop TNT on you. Whenever the giant starts turning while walking, changes targets, or leaps, KEEP YOUR DISTANCE A LITTLE. You do not want to be hit by a flurry of kicks or a direct hit from the ground pound. Once you've downed it, use dash again to cut down the remaining mobs while the Gendo dialogue plays out, then hop on the roof of the green stall and prepare to dash at Gendo the moment he appears (only as a Rogue, of course, the Mage should stand at the mouth of the street). Another general tip with the first couple boss fights, and maybe all of them except the snake-DON'T USE DASH ON THE BOSS ITSELF, only the monsters. Also, if the monsters are becoming uncontrollable or unavoidable, consider using dash to "clean", or bring down their numbers. If a mob is one hit away from death, don't hesitate to finish it off. When the giant moos, that means it's about to speed up, so step on the gas. It'll slow down again after several seconds (I think).
    • Giant-Speedrun: It all boils down to luck with the mob spawns. In my 17:51, I think I only had one or two, which is what you want. You DON'T want the little buggers to drag the fight out, all you should worry about is slaying the giant. One minute or so is ideal, one to two is adequate. Anything more and I'd just reset regardless of who's alive. ALSO, IF YOU HAVE ANY MAJOR MISHAPS PRIOR TO GENDO, EVEN IF YOU AREN'T SPEEDRUNNING, like someone dying and being impossible to save, FEEL FREE TO RESET. You do not want to lose one this early. (I mean an elimination, deaths are fine as long as you can pull off the revives. However, WITH SPEEDRUNS, MINIMIZING OVERALL DEATHS IS KEY.) Another trick if you're on a call is to have everyone count up from ten right after it switches so you know when to break off your assault (at eight), let it switch at ten, and then get right back to pounding it at one. (Thanks to Valenia and Leave in the comments.)
    GIANT TECHNIQUE:
    [​IMG]

• 3. Gendo Boss Fight: In 2018 and 19, I remember the giant fight being a joke cause you could just have one guy kill it on a ladder without getting hurt, but in the 2020/21 version, it's actually a real obstacle. Gendo on the other hand, I'd say is a bit easier than in 2018 and 19, even without the tree for Mages to camp on and lure mobs to. I don't know why this is so, I think they made the Carl's less common and their explosions cover a smaller area, which definitely helps. The moment he appears, Rogues should be darting at him WHILE HE'S DESCENDING to rack up some initial chip damage. Once he's all the way down, again, IGNORE THE MINIONS. Mages can lure them away and fight them off with their sword and Fire Blast, while Rogues can just avoid them by constantly leaping (as long as they don't leap INTO THEM). Carls you might wanna kill, don't stand too close to them for more than a split second though or you know what will happen. Basically, Rogues should stand in front of or behind Gendo, and constantly be double jumping, slashing, turning around, and repeating that. Standing underneath him, especially with an ultimate can work, but only if there are no monster hordes nearby and he's not dropping TNT. Don't stand under him for too long. If he's dropping arrows, he can't spawn mobs or bombs, and after a TNT rain, it'll be a bit before he does so again. At half health, clear out, he'll summon 5 powerful and extremely bulky Pumpkin Knights that can bring you down in a few hits. Once he's below half, he may occasionally summon regen crystals. Have your Rogues dispose of these QUICKLY using their speed and jumps or he'll nurse himself back to health in no time. Once you've finally downed him though, keep your guard up. The mobs will vanish, but phase one of the snake battle is immediately afterward.
    • Gendo-Speedrun: The stat's about the same as the normal one, to be honest. Just keep up a nonstop, all-out Rogue offensive till he croaks. You can expect there to be at least one death during the fight, and that's where the Mage's World comes in. The Mage should be the least likely to die considering they should be staying away from the danger, but in the event your mage goes down, your Rogues should do their best to work together and keep the mobs at bay to assure a safe revival. I'd say this one should be about three minutes or less, four if you push it. I don't know times as well for the remaining sections as I rarely get that far.
    GENDO START:
    [​IMG]
    GENDO TECHNIQUE:
    [​IMG]

• 4. Molten Snake-First Encounter: As soon as Gendo goes down, the molten snake will appear in the air right above the entrance to the path on the side that just opened up. If you're just going for the win, you have two options. Either your Rogues can charge at it full speed while constantly attacking and double jumping (BUT DON'T DASH) to bring it down as much as possible before it disappears and then start fighting the pigmen from the cave mouth OR, everyone can just let the snake go and pick off the pigmen along the way. Rushing is quite risky, and you shouldn't attempt it if you've never done so before or don't think you can do it safely. Don't try it alone either, only with other Rogues. You'll be too far away for a revival if you screw it up, most likely. The safer option is to fight the pigmen as you slowly but surely make your way up the path. They're extremely hard hitters and can bring you down in two or three hits, just like the Pumpkin Knights, so do be careful. They're also immune to burn damage from fire, so the lava, as well as Fire Blast and Rogue's Instinct won't cause residual damage, but the attacks themselves will still work. If you're gonna dash at them, or at any point really when fighting any type of horde, MAKE SURE YOU'LL POP OUT IN AN OPEN ARAE AND NOT INSIDE THE MOB CLUSTER OR YOU'LL INSTANTLY BE KILLED. This is especially true with the pigmen considering their high damage output.
    • Molten Snake One-Speedrun: Snake rush is a must, no doubt about it. You can shave off a huge amount of time and hit points for later, up to two-thirds of its health or maybe more with a Rogue's Instinct or two (or three). After the high-speed pursuit, rogues should make their way back to the mage, killing every pigman in their way to give the mage a clear path. ONLY KILL ENOUGH TO MAKE THE BOX APPEAR. Once it's there, go for it. The rest will despawn when the cart is free.
    SNAKE RUSH:
    [​IMG]

• 5. Clear The Blockage: The mage pushes the cart while the rogues dash toward the switches and pick off the handful of mobs on either side, then make a beeline for the puzzles while the mage continues to push. This one's no sweat, and I've never seen anyone fail it.
    • Blockage-Speedrun: Really no special tricks other than the fact that two people pushing the cart makes it a bit faster (three or four makes no difference), but that means one less rogue dashing ahead. Take your pick.
    • 6. Puzzles: There are four, one for each person, I'll elaborate on each.
    • Simon Says/3x3 On Wall: You need to enter the sequence you see exactly, with it adding one each time, up to eight (as opposed to five in normal). It's not that bad to be honest, but if you're struggling, assign a number to each of the buttons and say the number whenever it lights up in the example prompt. For example-bottom right to start, say "nine". Then bottom right, middle right-"nine, six". Bottom right, middle right, center-"nine, six, five", and so on.
    • 5x5 On The Ground: I have no idea of how to solve this thing, and I know a lot of other people don't either. THERE IS A SOLVER FOR IT, but I will not link it or say the name since it's technically cheating. I'm not sure if it's punishable, but I'm not taking any chances. However, while a few people actually know how to do it (in which case, just let them if you see one doing it), most people just use the solver. Why wouldn't you? (oh, wait, cheating, that's why, or you didn't know)
    • Light Puzzle: Copy these videos, they have the exact patterns (there are two extra, harder stages in Challenger):
    • Archery: Just shoot them, you need ten between all participants, it's a freebie. If you can't seem to hit the ones from afar, just target the closer ones instead.
    • Puzzles-Speedrun: There's no real way to expedite it, just try to avoid dawdling or having to redo a light puzzle stage or Simon says. Once the final puzzle is about to be done, have your Mage go to the cart and the Rogues dart in the slit that saves a little bit of time on the maze.
    SIMON SAYS DIAGRAM:
    [​IMG]
    LIGHT PUZZLES:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    MAZE SLIT:
    [​IMG]
    • 7. Maze: Follow this tutorial (I didn't make it), that's all there is to it. Also, the Mage can and should continue to shift to help their allies offset fall damage. As soon someone makes it out though, get ready to fight. Nothing special to say speedrun-wise, since I'm sure you're already doing it as quickly as possible if someone has it memorized. Did I say to memorize it beforehand? Well, do. You won't regret it. The long route is the same as in normal mode, and the shorter one is blocked.
    MAZE (BY KOOKIES):

• 8. Mine Junction (With Witches): Pick off the few mobs at the start while one or two people push the cart, and then you have two options. A. Have a Rogue lure the mobs into the green "river" and keep them there to give the others a clear push OR, fight off the little army, especially the witches on the ground bit by bit and work your way towards and up the tower. As soon as the cart goes down the ramp, the remaining mobs will despawn. Let the poison wear off for anyone that has it before tackling the parkour, which is one of the worst sections.
    • Witch Mine-Speedrun: The one-player decoy strategy is the way to go. Two people pushing will again come in handy, and I wouldn't take the time to run out any poison, just go.
    BAITING AND PUSHING:
    [​IMG]

• 9. Parkour Pit of Death: I HATE this thing. The parkour in 2018 and 19 was a little tedious, but ultimately near-impossible to fail as the only thing against you was the timer. You couldn't even die! You'd just reset. This one, on the other hand, is a hundred times worse. You have to work your way up and around, clearing several 2-3 block jumps along the way, and one wrong move can get you barbequed. Some of the jumps are longer than in normal mode, and the lava rises way faster. There's little room for error and people that suck at parkour like me are screwed from the start. If your whole party is, you should have mentioned and taken that into account BEFORE you got this far. Fortunately, it's a team effort. If even one person can make it up to the first bridge within 20 seconds of their allies dying, everyone will get healed AND skip whatever they missed up till that point. The same is true with the top, only one person needs to clear it, and then the others can even deliberately throw themselves into the lava if they want to skip to the top, but don't do this till someone is safe and sound past the final jump. If a corpse is swallowed by the lava on the first bridge, it will reappear at the top with however long it has left to revive, so you don't need to go down and save someone if they die once you're all past the bridge as long as someone's within 20 seconds of the top. One thing to be aware of though is that the snake will pop out RIGHT WHERE YOU REVIVE PEOPLE, and it can knock the player doing the reviving away if they're not careful. So make any revives at the top quick, and be prepared for the ensuing snake attack. Another thing-I wouldn't recommend using the ladder shortcut. Going around barely takes anymore time and it's far less of a gamble.
    • Parkour-Speedrun: The only thing worth noting is that deaths, fortunately, don't matter any more than they do if you aren't going for sub 18.
    SNAKE SPAWN:
    [​IMG]

• 10. Snake Round Two: If you made it this far, that's an achievement in itself. From here onwards, it's quite possible to win or even finish a speedrun with just three players (hopefully one is your mage). This is where you get to have a proper battle against the snake and finish off any HP that's left from earlier, which may be close to full or very little depending on how you handled it. Slash at the snake like crazy when it comes in range, its entire body has a hitbox. Dashing to strike it in the air also works. Watch out for lava and pigmen on the ground, landing in or near them is a death sentence. Pigmen spawn two at a time. Instead of fighting them, I'd lure them into the water where they tend to get stuck. The water is also useful for extinguishing yourself. As long as you steer clear of the dangers on the ground and just focus on the snake, you should be fine. There's nothing to worry about on the first ship that follows.
    • Molten Snake Battle-Speedrun: Taking into account what you did before, it should take less than a minute to finish this guy off if you do it right. Rogues attacking it in unison will result in a quick finish. Ults shouldn't be necessary if the snake began below half, only use one tops if you must. The Rogues should then dash straight toward the ship and immediately trigger the box to begin the next battle.
    • 11. Pumpkin Armada-Ship 1/3: This is considerably the easiest of the three, and I'm happy to say these ships aren't as bad as what you've already dealt with up to this point. Fight the mobs on the top deck and the ones that come up from below. I'd avoid dashing since there isn't much room and you don't wanna "yeet" yourself off the edge. Just work your way around the top deck swinging your sword at anything in your path. There are also a few Carls on this ship, so as usual, cut and run. At least one person needs to go to the bottom deck and flip the three switches, then come right back up, which can be done using recall. You still need to kill most if not all of the mobs though to move on to ship #2 in addition to that though.
    • Ship One-Speedrun: You're probably gonna wanna dash to clear out the mobs, and when you're done, Rogues can leap really high up the rigging to leap and dash straight to the top deck of the second ship.
    HAY AND FLEE:
    [​IMG]

• 12. Pumpkin Armada-Ship 2/3: This one's jam-packed with skeletons. If you don't wanna fly across to the other side like I just mentioned, you're gonna need to wait for the cloud bridge to form. The mage should stay behind on the deck of the first ship to heal, attack from afar, and revive any players that die on the clouds or fall off as their bodies will reappear right next to the trapdoors. Watch your step when jumping, especially when leaping across, and beware of skeletons flooding out from the hull that will try to knock or shoot you off (some have bows). You don't even need to fight the wither skeleton lords at all (but you can hit them a few times), just pick off all the normal ones instead. Knocking the skeletons or the lords into the water when they're close to the edge is also a great way to dispose of them quickly and effortlessly. Once most of the skeletons are cleared out and the Rogues are safely onboard ship two, the mage can follow. Note-recall can be used to save you if you fall if you're fast enough with it.
    • Ship Two-Speedrun: Don't bother with the lords at all (they despawn once the skeletons are dealt with). Send as many skelly bellies overboard as you can, and stand on at the bottom of the ladder as soon as the fighting stops so you're sent straight to the final ship.
    RESPAWN POINT ON SHIP #1:
    [​IMG]
    SKELETONS COMING OUT:
    [​IMG]
    FLYING ACROSS:
    [​IMG]
    WHERE TO STAND FOR INSTANT PORTAL:
    [​IMG]
    • 13. Pumpkin Armada-Ship 3/3: This one looks a lot harder than it is because there are multiple ways of cheesing it. While the dialogue is going and before the monster spawns begin, open all the trap doors on the top deck, it will come in handy for later. The best strat is to camp on the back of the sail to start, Mages can stay there indefinitely if they want, at least until there are no more targets nearby to Fire Blast or until someone needs resurrecting. Rogues can jump up there easily, mages need to go to the top deck and work their way back around. So how do you deal with the mobs? Have the Rogues hop down onto the quartz slabs and swat the mobs off one by one. They might even end up pushing each other off! Among the "elite forces" are undead versions of the player classes. They lack their abilities, but have matching armor and weapons. The diamond zombies can be particularly troublesome to kill, which is why sending them over is incredibly effective. Watch out for the skeleton archers though-even if you're out of range of the other mobs, they can still shoot you and end up knocking you into a danger zone. This ship also has a few Carls, which you could send over, but if you don't do so fast everyone will need to briefly dash away to stop it from exploding. Once you've thinned them out a good amount, you can come down from the sail or the ledge, pick off the ones that are left, and get ready for the Prince fight.
    • Final Ship-Speedrun: The normal strat is what you wanna use for speedruns once again. Just be sure, as always, to minimize deaths, and keep up the pressure with knocking them off. The Prince fight is the real time-saver.
    SAIL:
    [​IMG]
    QUARTZ SLAB SMACKING:
    [​IMG]
    • 14. Pumpkin Prince: Just move toward the center and he'll fall into the pit trap you set up earlier. Once he's down there, as long as you're standing outside the middle section, he can't hurt you! So hammer away. Great time to sick him with an ultimate, too. Everyone can use them if they want. When he's in the final 20-25% of his health, stand back a little. He'll spew out three, diamond-clad skeletons with diamond axes that take a stupid amount of hits to bring down. There are just as many of you as there are of them+the prince, so if each player deals with one target, it shouldn't be much trouble. Remember, A MOB CAN'T MOVE FORWARD TO ATTACK YOU IF YOU KEEP PUSHING THEM AWAY WITH YOUR OWN ATTACKS.
    • Pumpkin Prince-Speedrun: That's the strategy right there, exactly. There's an alternative method where you can keep him on the top deck (don't open the trapdoors) and try to push him off so he'll drown, but he doesn't take knockback so nudging him off can be a pain. The hull trap is quicker from my experiences anyway. Kind of a joke of a boss fight, which is a huge relief considering the other four.
    PRINCE HULL TRAP:
    [​IMG]

• 15. Pumpkin King-Final Battle: If you've made it this far, especially with four people, you're probably gonna win unless something goes horribly wrong. Just stand still on the ship after the Prince fight is done, you'll be harmlessly teleported down shortly. Go down with the current, trigger the final box, and let the battle begin! The first order of business is to destroy the flame shield. The mage's ranged attacks and the Rogue's dashes help with this big time, but having the blazes parallel to the throne platform so you can swing at them with your sword without jumping is your best bet. Or you can just lunge and slash, whichever's doable. The King is rather passive during the shield phase, moving around pretty slowly, not targeting any one player, and not summoning TNT, only the occasional Carl. Once the shield's down, he'll go berserk. He'll start chasing a single player at a brisk pace and whoever's leading him, just like with the giant, shouldn't fight back and just run. The others, on the other hand, are free to give chase in return and beat down the King over and over, he won't use his sword on them. Players he ISN'T targeting only need to clear out when he launches TNT, when there's red on the floor, or when there's a Carl or a load of pumpkin skeletons nearby. If a Rogue is leading him, they can jump on the 1.5 block high bases of the two pillars where the King can't hit them, but they CAN hit him. With everyone doing this while he's locked onto the player on the pillar, he'll drop in no time. Just make sure to destroy any regen crystals that pop up as quickly as possible (destroying one gets rid of all four). You just need to make a break for it whenever the King switches to someone on the ground, when there's red where people are standing, when a Carl appears or catches up, or when he lets loose TNT. This should allow you to inflict good damage for several seconds, great ultimate chance too! If you need to clear out, just switch to the other pillar and get right back to it. The only time things really go wrong is if someone dies and there's only one other person alive to save them. Just like with the giant, the person that's leading the aggro King NEEDS TO STAY AWAY TO ASSURE A SAFE REVIVAL, otherwise, the last player will probably die in the healing process. If that last player is a Rogue, there's still a chance they can win on their own. One of my wins came from a Rogue (not me) soloing the King from half health, all she needed to do was keep moving and following this strategy on her own. As always, recall and healing wisps should do a world of good for survivability. With the king down, congratulations! You've beaten Challenger. And if you did it quickly enough, you got the speedrun bonus too! (speedrun times tend to be 16-18 minutes, no faster) I wouldn't go for a speedrun first try, but with the right team, it can feasibly be done if you were able to beat it normally. I hope you found this guide helpful, (it might end up helping me with something too), and if you want, I can make a video to accompany it, or even try my best to get you a win during this final week!
    BREAKING FLAME SHIELD:
    [​IMG]
    KING CAMPING SPOTS (ROGUES ONLY):
    [​IMG]

Posted Oct 25, 2021,
    Last edited Oct 30, 2021
    incerts, Tr1xstr, le Brownie and 10 others like this.
  2. Tell me if I missed anything, you need a hand, or you want me to do a video too!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 25, 2021
    Lymexious likes this.
  3. This is very detailed; I appreciate your efforts on your guide!

Posted Oct 25, 2021
    BlazeFire likes this.
  4. Thank you so much for writing this! Although I don't have any plans of playing Challenger since I already find Normal hard enough, I still found your guide very useful. As one who isn't really good at HH, and can only win when I'm carried, I will try to improve now that I've read your guide. I know you've mentioned using Rogues and a Mage, I don't know if this applies for Normal mode, but I main Berserker so I might give those a try. Last time I tried both Rogue and Mage, I didn't really know them well and died for both fairly shortly. Regarding to your ending, I think you should make a detailed video to accompany this guide. Once again, thank you!

Posted Oct 25, 2021
    BlazeFire likes this.
  5. Very detailed, 2i5u this i might actually have a chance at challendger mode

Posted Oct 25, 2021
    le Brownie and BlazeFire like this.
  6. This is a great guide, and I love that you included both the normal and the speedrun option! Very detailed and I love that you included videos as well as the description! I hope this guide encourages more players to play halloween havoc!

Posted Oct 26, 2021
    le Brownie and BlazeFire like this.
  7. Truly amazing work and effort put into this :)

Posted Oct 26, 2021
    BlazeFire likes this.
  8. Oh my! This is a great thread, very informative and the effort put in is definitely appreciated! Makes me wanna hop in a lobby now hehe. I remember how fun this game used to be in the past, brings back memories ;)

Posted Oct 26, 2021
    BlazeFire likes this.
  9. I'm afraid that video's not gonna happen. Even though I got the footage, I realized that by the time it was done, there'd only be a day or two left of HH, and I'd just be repeating everything I said here. I should have started it sooner, sorry!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 27, 2021
  10. This guide is top quality. I would recommend some speed run techniques i.e the timing of the giant and when you're supposed to move (Somebody counting down in call every 10 seconds and rogues moving on 8seconds and going back on 1 can be very helpful)

Posted Oct 27, 2021
    BlazeFire likes this.
  11. Excellent.

Posted Oct 27, 2021
    BlazeFire likes this.
  12. Thanks for this. I haven't even tried challenger mode yet, but I will for sure refer to this guide when I try it :^)

Posted Oct 29, 2021
    BlazeFire likes this.
  13. Hello there

first of all im absolutely impressed and amazed by the time and effort you put into this thread, it's length is incredible and I think it's a very helpful and useful guide. I remember when I used to play minecraft, I played challenger mode and generally just halloween havoc on the mineplex server, and my friend and I would speedrun through it, and what I mean by this is that we would do our best to avoid and not attack the unnecessary mobs, for instance the crowd of mobs that are in the beginning, dont attack them. only kill the mobs you have to, such as bosses.

Posted Oct 29, 2021
    Lymexious, CatFan105 and BlazeFire like this.