• 1472 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7421 Players Online
  • 5949 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hacks, Xray, F5 and Ghosting

Discussion in 'Mine-Strike' started by TsukuneAono109, May 1, 2020.

1. People that use PDC for minestrike not since its been glitchy, but the idea that people are able to use F5 against those who can't, and ya'll say don't use PDC but some people have to or thats your problem, i personally think using F5 in MS to pre-peak corners where you shouldn't be able to and is stupid. The same thing about xray.. They say people aren't allowed to use xray and they put diamond ore around the inside of the map but they can just redo the texture of the ore to make it invisible and people that are clearly using this to beat others in the game don't get punished because they can't get "Evidence" for them using xray.. Then why say its bannable if you can't prove it. -.- Also hackers in Minestrike that use bhop, aimbot, ESP, anti sneak and other cheats to help them win. Staff do nothing to get these people. Even using commands such as /a and /report these people don't get dealt with and proceed to interrupt future games. The last issue is Ghosting, I know people call when playing MS or other games but Ghosting shouldn't be allowed in general chat nor party chat. Ghosting is when u die else where and tell where people are to your team. People ghost all the time and nothing happens to them. The reports mostly say denied or get ignored about ghosting and it feels like the staff don't really care about the rules they set themselves..

Posted May 1, 2020
  2. /a only communicates with staff members who are in your specific lobby/game at the time of use. 90% of the time, you're talking to no one if you're using /a.

Posted May 3, 2020
  3. It's not a matter of them being lazy. People are busy and I much rather have Mineplex Devs focus on server-wide issues (lag, etc.). This issue isn't fueled by Mineplex "being corrupt" or the "devs being lazy". I'm not any sort of developer but if they aren't fixing it, I'm sure that's because they can't or they don't view it as important enough to improve.

Posted May 5, 2020
  4. To be clear, hacking, ghosting, and X-Raying are all bannable. Some hacks, like reach, are processed by QA alone and X-Raying is difficult to detect in general, so players are banned for it less. These are both punishable offenses nonetheless. Staff do their best to enforce the rules and punish cheaters. As for developers, Mineplex is a little short on the java side at the moment. They are certainly not "lazy," but they prioritize bigger issues/projects and again, their numbers are limited. Lastly, please be patient with reports. They are eventually processed but tons are submitted all the time, and there are only so many RP members to handle them.

Posted May 5, 2020
    Damiennn and LazyBrayden like this.
  5. Hello!
    This post is mainly on the issue of F5 but I'll get to that later. First off, you are complaining about Ghosting, Bhop, and X-Ray. Bhop and X-Ray are both bannable with X-ray being a little harder to find. Ghosting is a muteable offense and should be reported at either StaffRequest, mineplex.com/report or using the /report command. F5 is a feature that is accessible to everyone and can be used by everyone. I agree that this should be removed in MS using a plugin, but at the moment, I would much rather have the Developers focus on the lag issues on the server.
    ~Thanks

Posted May 6, 2020
    hyper_squid likes this.
  6. What I don't get is why you need actual proof of xray for it to be banned. Reports are declined when players are tracking people through blocks with their crosshair. Just do the server a favour and ban them. They won't even be banned when they admit to xraying.

Posted May 6, 2020
  7. We cannot just ban players because they seem to be tracking players, that results in many false bans and gives a bad reputation to Mineplex. People who are completely legit would be banned and would make processing appeals impossible due to not being able to differentiate between legit and illegitimate player.
    ~Thanks

Posted May 6, 2020
    LazyBrayden likes this.
  8. I'm not entirely sure whether you have played minestrike before. It is completely obvious when someone is using xray in this game unless they are trying hard to hide it. There is nothing legit about just following a player with your crosshair. Minestrike in particular already has a bad reputation because of the amount of cheaters and difficulty finding a game without them. It doesn't take a genius to see someone using xray. If the staff had some common sense then no legit players would be banned.

Posted May 7, 2020
  9. So you would rather have Mineplex moderators falsely banning people? They can't just ban people without proof, if you have enough proof and send it into mineplex.com/report they will punish the cheater. That is only if you can't get a Mod in your game using /report or StaffRequest.

Posted May 7, 2020
  10. when I was grinding minestrike something that always irritated me was the hatred towards f5ing, but I think the whole thing is a bit silly. As a pvp player I'm used to checking f5 by habit, which didn't translate well when I would play minestrike. Avid minestrike players can't expect everyone to not use a default Minecraft feature when it's by their own doing in the first place that they can't use it. Podcrash gains its own advantages in light of not being able to f5 which I see as a somewhat proper tradeoff. at the end of the day, for casual play, podcrash is not required and we can't expect every single person to adhere to the unspoken rules of the community that f5ing is cheap and not allowed.

Posted May 7, 2020
    Damiennn, BasicT and Jaek like this.
  11. So you would rather have cheaters running round the games constantly? All it takes is common sense to not falsely ban people.

Posted May 8, 2020
  12. I much rather a Moderator miss a cheater or two then falsely ban people. If you falsely ban someone, it sets a bad reputation for Mineplex (much worse then a missed cheater). If you miss a cheater here or there, they will either be caught later or missed. A cheater being missed is 10x better then a player being falsely banned in my opinion.
    I agree, but if you send something into mineplex.com/report with no proof, do you want them to just ban the player. If a mod joins your game and sees the player cheating, they can use common sense to tell if they are cheating or not. If you send a report in with no proof, they have no idea if that person is cheating or if you are just trying to get them banned.

Posted May 8, 2020
  13. No. I don't want them to just ban people. They need more transparency with the community and they need to do something about the players that are known to be cheating. The problem isn't with the odd rayer, and they shouldn't ban these people without proof. However, there are players who everyone knows use xray, and they don't try and hide it. These are the players that should be banned, even without definitive proof. The odd cheater may not completely ruin the game, but the groups of individuals who go around xraying every game are the real problem.

Posted May 8, 2020
    LazyBrayden likes this.
  14. *miss a cheater or a few thousand*
    Stop trying to underly the fact that hackers are a huge issue on this server, and that a ton of hackers go unnoticed and are never punished

Posted May 8, 2020
  15. I never said that there was not a cheater problem. My point by that reply was that I much rather them miss the cheater then to ban the innocent player.

Posted May 8, 2020
    Damiennn likes this.
  16. Agreed.

Posted May 8, 2020
  17. A moderator needs many different clips up undeniable proof of raying because otherwise it will be a false ban. It's hard to get this evidence because a lot of the time it might not be raying, even though it typically is raying 99% of the time. People use soundboost, they f5, people fake f5, or they just have incredibly good game sense. It's hard to judge off of any person too because many people with 1000's+ wins are raying so a moderator can't just go off of how much experience they have and decided it that way because it is just a 50/50 when it comes to raying.

That is just false. People do get banned for bhop all the time, but for aimbot and esp, it's harder to prove once again.

Ghosting isn't allowed and has never been allowed in party chat, pub chat, or /msg, but it is allowed in voice calls. Typically a staff member won't mute someone for ghosting for many different reasons: not enough evidence or it's just not ghosting at all.

I honestly think that your post here wasn't very productive and was just used to vent your frustrations on a forum thread without any solutions and also didn't provide and constructive criticism.

Posted May 20, 2020
  18. Hello there!
    Having nearly 1000 games played on Minestrike, I can totally understand where you are coming from. I do try and get rid of the hackers that use bhop etc which is the easy part. I also try to get several screenshots of people ghosting so I can report them on the forums. F5 can be pretty annoying and a lot of people do this which is lame, I know. And for the x-raying part, hardly no one has been banned yet.

I would say at this moment, x-raying and f5 do completely ruin minestrike. Mineplex should do something so when we join f5 is automatically disabled. And I also feel like rules committee should focus more on this game as there is a lot of issues.

Posted May 20, 2020
  19. If you have a server side solution to F5ing, by all means do share it.

Posted May 22, 2020
  20. You think Java has a hacker problem, then go the Bedrock xD

Posted May 22, 2020