• 1205 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9643 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hackers?

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Crystalline1357, Jul 20, 2019.

?

Have you ever seen a hacker but never had the ability/chance to report them?

1. Yes

76.5%
  2. No

17.6%
  3. Not sure if there was a hacker, but maybe

5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Every once in a while, I see some hackers. Just now, in Turf wars, it was chaos! So it started out fine, but suddenly someone started placing soul sand blocks and wither skeleton heads on our turf, making us unable to build as well. Then they spawned flaming skeletons attacking us! There were shulkers and a portal at some point. I had pictures but couldn't capture the one doing it. They were too fast. I only had images of a part of the chaos. The other team wouldn't stop attacking us, regardless of what was clearly happening and visible to everyone.
    A lot of them quit. A few minutes later, the culprit also left after a few rounds. By then, there wasn't any evidence left because of how fast-paced everything was.

Username: -snip-

We all saw them doing it, but none of us could get the evidence. Is there a way to actually prove it?
    (How do I send screenshots?)
    --- Post updated ---
    And I see a lot of weird stuff happening in Skyfall lobbies too, not sure why. Examples are: Lava pools right in spawn, water pools, obsidian, lots of emeralds (Literally a lot), random mobs that aren't supposed to be there, and maybe some other stuff. I even thought it was normal at some point.

Posted Jul 20, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jul 22, 2019
  2. Hey!

Sorry to hear about your experience, however this isn't the correct place to report a player. If you'd like to send in a player report, head over here. Also, to upload evidence, it is recommended that you use www.imgur.com for picture evidence, and www.youtube.com for video evidence. To find out more about how to correctly submit a report, you can view the official Reporting Guide here which will tell you how to correctly gather evidence in order to punish the offender(s).

The easiest way to gather evidence is to have software that will allow you to record/screenshot easily. Assuming you are on bedrock, judging by what you have said about the cheater, your software you use to gather evidence can vary. I highly suggest you find something that will allow you to record/take screenshots depending on what you're using, whether it be a mobile device, PC, console, etc. If you have something that can gather evidence quickly and effectively, you'll be able to help the community a ton. Otherwise, there really isn't a way to prove that the player was cheating unless a staff member was in your lobby as well.

Hope this helped!

Posted Jul 20, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 20, 2019
    Sakeusi likes this.
  3. I've seen at least 10 hackers 1 week can mineplex improve on the anti_cheat I don't think Gwen is doing her job

Posted Jul 20, 2019
  4. GWEN could certainly use some improvement, although I find that GWEN actually catches cheaters more than a lot of people seem to realize. Just a few weeks ago, Mineplex hired a new developer (@ToonBasic ) just to improve upon GWEN, which is exciting for the whole community!

Posted Jul 20, 2019
  5. Sounds like bedrock to me as you cannot spawn in soul sand and wither skeleton heads in Java.

Posted Jul 20, 2019
    FruitVegetables and Sakeusi like this.
  6. Hey there!
    This definitely sounds like a bedrock issue and I see to how this is frustrating. Placing unfamiliar blocks to any game definitely means they're using some sort of other client. My advice is to record evidence using a desktop recorder and try and catch the culprit red handed using that. Once you've gathered evidence, feel free to report them at mineplex.com/reports and a member of the bedrock reports patrol team will handle the situation.

For future help threads feel free to post a thread here. And if you're ever confused on how to approach a report feel free to check out this link right here. I'm sorry to hear you experienced this and for future purposes, feel free to report a player you believe has broken the rules and they should be dealt with. If you need any further assistance feel free to message me.

Posted Jul 20, 2019
    iiGqlaxy_ likes this.
  7. Pre game lobby griefing is so rampant it shouldn't need to be reported. Love starting Block Hunt games at half life and on fire. Every single week.

Posted Jul 20, 2019
    FruitVegetables likes this.
  8. I do notice quite a few players using hacked clients as-well, particularly in Cake Wars. Skywars and Survival Games gets some cheaters as-well but mostly I see these players in Cake Wars.

It isn't hard to get these players punished as either GWEN will ban them (contrary to popular belief), you can go to Lobby-1 and use /a to inform a Staff Member, some players have /report or just report them on the Forums.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  9. I get what everyone's saying, it's really frustrating. The thing is, when you've got some rampage one-shot killing going on in Turf Wars, and the guy is causing trouble on the turfs, it's hard to record it. They don't always go slowly, and my computer is slow (because of all the lag caused by the player spawning stuff), so by the time I start recording, they already stopped placing the mobs and blocks themselves. All everyone could see are shulkers and skeletons everywhere, even an End portal.
    (This is on Windows 10, maybe it counts as Bedrock.)
    --- Post updated ---
    I remember when I played years ago, it never happened. Those lobbies on fire and stuff never existed. It's like the hackers have evolved over the years to become trolls.
    --- Post updated ---
    (Oh yeah, one other thing is that I never knew there was a Mineplex website and thought I could report them immediately with what I had, but that took time with creating an acc and all that stuff. I didn't know what I was supposed to have as evidence at that time.)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 21, 2019
  10. Windows 10 counts as Bedrock, because it is fyi.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  11. Oh ok

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 22, 2019
  12. Hacking is a very big problem on Mineplex, which is why they even hired a new developer to improve GWEN, the anticheat system (hi, @ToonBasic!).

While I cannot obviously speak for Mineplex itself, I can assure you that they do work to prevent unfair advantages among their playerbase.

Every time I go into a PvP game, such as Cake Wars or Survival Games, I will record the entire thing just in case I see a hacker, or at least have a video recording software open that I can activate at any given time.

An easy way to report hackers is to install Bandicam or another video recording application, and just record one when you see them. This is a great way to minimize the hackers on Mineplex!

Tips:
    - You do not need to record a video if someone is making a chat offense. Screenshots are sufficient evidence with chat reports.
    - Always have a video recording software on another window while you are playing any game on Mineplex or another server.
    - Never tell the hacker you are recording them, or they may stop using their client.
    - Do not throw hate at the hacker. While it is certainly justified to be angry at the hacker for cheating, you shouldn't call them names or offend them in chat. This is not only unethical but can result in a mute or a warn for a chat offense.
    - You can use Imgur to upload pictures of chat offenses, which is usually the safest bet. Always make your albums private, though, or the posts may get removed if somebody in the chat is saying extreme things.

Posted Jul 22, 2019
  13. Wanted to point out that ToonBasic does not deal with the bedrock anti cheat, he only deals with Java. Bedrock's anti-cheat is handled by someone else.

Since the OP is talking about bedrock edition (specifically windows 10), /a does not exist on the bedrock server.

/report is also not on our bedrock server.

To the OP (@Crystalline1357):
    Very sorry for your experience on our Bedrock server. Please look over our report guide or message me for any help you need in creating a forum report. If you cannot record a hacker, try finding someone who can in-game! Try going to Lobby-1 there might be some staff there, but it's not 100% guaranteed. There also might be community members that can record for you in Lobby-1. Other than reporting them on the forums, there's really not much you can do for Bedrock hackers.

I'll be locking this as it's been addressed. Please message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Jul 22, 2019
    Sakeusi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.