• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11292 Players Online
  • 8402 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hackers

Discussion in 'Clans' started by ProMaster_, Jun 3, 2020.

1. So well even though Grandpa did get demoted, I think it was a very poor decision in unbanning everyone. Its just annoying that all these hackers are unbanned now. Its really annoying and they are most likely gonna ruin this next map.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    TheLegendOfZoros and GAM like this.
  2. They never unbanned everyone, they gave the people that were indexed a more easy way to appeal.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  3. Yeah that easy way was to appeal and you get unbanned, every single person I knew that was indexed or banned, got unbanned. Anyone who appealed was unbanned lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 3, 2020
  4. If the players that were hackers they would have been banned by a staff member. It doesn't ruin the game in any way. -snip- was reindexed for hacking. And I wasn't even indexed for hacking...

Posted Jun 3, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jun 3, 2020
    TheLegendOfZoros likes this.
  5. Well that's -snip- fault for letting himself get caught. All those hackers still hack, but I don't know if you notice how small the clans management team is and those hackers are all closest cheaters.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 3, 2020
  6. Posted Jun 3, 2020
    TheLegendOfZoros and Shipsa like this.
  7. They are all closest cheaters, no recording is going to get them banned..

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 3, 2020
  8. I can see where you are coming from and I completely agree. Many people deserved to be unindexed, but most did not. I like playing Clans, but now it is getting boring because of the hackers all closet cheating and bypassing gwen. I feel like more QAs should check gwen logs of those who closet cheat on Clans, mainly the unindexed players to keep an eye out for them. Other than that, I am happy they gave people a second chance. Some people learned and changed, but the majority didn’t. We’ll see how the hacker situation becomes next map.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    TheLegendOfZoros, GAM and ProMaster_ like this.
  9. You can report them here if you believe that they are closet cheating.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  10. Hi,
    I understand your frustration, and would like to reassure you that we're not relaxing our efforts to catch rulebreakers within Clans, despite a number of recently accepted appeals.
    A lot of decisions within the CM team have taken place over the past few weeks, and many more internal discussions and changes will follow in order to ensure that our punishment and appeal systems on Clans are justified and simple for both staff and players to interpret and understand.

Our previous Index system as well as its appeal process was very chaotic and, despite catching rulebreakers, often resulted in certain players being treated too harshly, with a complicated and difficult appeal process in order to be unblacklisted, which was subject to bias and didn't follow any particular guidelines. The appeals which have been recently accepted where cases where we felt like the player may have been unfairly treated, or we simply weren't too certain about their situation due to the lack of appropriate logging of these punishments in the past.
    Moving forwards, these systems will be reworked and improved through careful discussion within the Clans Team so that we can feel confident in the way these kinds of rulebreakers are handled.

As for any concerns about closet cheaters, this is an issue we're very well aware of and we've already begun working towards ways to combat the problem; these ideas will be explored over the upcoming weeks alongside everything else I have planned for Clans and the Clans Team.
    In the meantime, I advise players report closet cheaters via the Closet Cheater Report Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_bYDstT2A9AgC7E9CHkAANInaX1qTto1Lmhp8K_KrpM/viewform
    This allows a member of the Quality Assurance team (who have access to GWEN logs) to investigate the player and punish them appropriately.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  11. Who is snip?

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  12. Mods often censor names of other servers, players, or staff members when people talk about them in a negative way. This is a way to censor the player base and keep information they don't like from getting out.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  13. I still don't understand the approach Mineplex is making to try and combat closeters. Closeters are undetectable, that is the whole point. The one and only way to combat that is to require a certain minecraft client that is efficiently cheat-proof, like lunar. Another thing to consider, is why should you try and fix closeting? From my perspective, without closeters, clans would be boring. It would also have around 50-60% less players. From my most recent experience on clans 6, I would say that that percentage is even higher. And why should closet cheaters be banned anyways? What about the closeters that are friends with moderators and such? Are we just going to ban the small cheaters and completely leave out the huge groups that are really making the problem? For example, if I was banned as a solo for blacklist evasion on an account that was either connected through 20+ IP addresses or for a login that was over 120 days ago, and a huge cheater clan with several blacklist evading members walked clean, then what is the progress?

Why only ban some people, if they aren't even causing the problem? The clan Quiet on clans 6, now called KAREBEARS is full of both cheaters and blacklist evaders, but who gets IP checked? Me? and I get banned for a connection that could have been an obvious account transfer?

Frankly, Mineplex doesn't understand who to ban. They just ban who they can, and it doesn't work. The Feds/Undefine/Chuchi circle are all unbanned, and everyone knows they are the biggest problem. And it's an internal problem too. Because nobody is banning these people, and there is only one reason why.

Posted Jun 5, 2020
  14. you are hacker thats why ur blacklisted

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  15. What is this whole index system? I have no idea what you are all talking about.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  16. "
    Why only ban some people, if they aren't even causing the problem? The clan Quiet on clans 6, now called KAREBEARS is full of both cheaters and blacklist evaders, but who gets IP checked? Me? and I get banned for a connection that could have been an obvious account transfer?

Frankly, Mineplex doesn't understand who to ban. They just ban who they can, and it doesn't work. The Feds/Undefine/Chuchi circle are all unbanned, and everyone knows they are the biggest problem. And it's an internal problem too. Because nobody is banning these people, and there is only one reason why. "
    Kenny has a point, there is these big hacker clans running around and not being punished, when its clear as day that they cheat.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2020
    TheLegendOfZoros and kznny like this.
  17. I understand that I have cheated before and in the past, however I have always been significantly targeted by moderators and Admins when I was blacklist evading, just like a couple more people that I am aware of, one of them being Nixoi.

And what I'm saying is completely true, because why are you going to ban the hackers that aren't causing the problem? I always attempt to truce/alliance everyone except those people, because frankly, the mods don't do anything about it. Without proof, I know that certain moderators have been extremely biased towards that circle of cheaters in the past, and still do to this day. For example, I remember being chased by a couple of Chuchi members who were blatantly speeding in sb in shops when Adrianna was online, and I has even asked her to spectate me when they were chasing me. I got ahead of myself and also user speed hacks in shops, and then I got banned. People don't leave the game because of me, its because of big cheater clans like Cruxis and Feds.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  18. keep
    keep logs of bans and who the player was with at this time for noticeable re-occurrences. not for first time offenders, but when one clan or one group of players continues to get banned you let the entire group know that the next ban is going to be for all the involved players. this isnt a perfect solution but it fixes giant clans just hacking and evading continuously

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    TheLegendOfZoros, kznny and Border like this.
  19. That was Grandpa's thing. Problem is, nobody is banning these people in the first place.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  20. its obvi that mp doesn't do much to counter hackers other than GWEN. only times ive seen GWEN work is when
    1. they are literally using 8-block KA
    2. reach in water
    3. long time of hacking, finally slipped up and banwaved.
    mineplex just needs to take initiative and start screensharing players based off of suspicion, though some ghost clients will get through it will take out a major chunk of cheaters.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
    TheLegendOfZoros and kznny like this.