• 3226 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11664 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hackers vs. Tryhards

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Aethrex, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Greetings.

I am not the greatest at pvp, so I am not surprised when I get easily killed by someone, so I just move on when I do. Recently I have been trying to get better at it (and I am a little bit), because pvp games give high xp counts when you do well, so I pay attention to how I get killed.

The other day, I was in a cake wars game, and at the beginning of the match I went straight for the middle beacon with my builder kit. As I got there a player from red did too and I was confused because he had taken all of his armor off and didn’t seem to have his sword either. I thought it would be an easy first blood for me, but he started hitting me, and even though my crosshairs were definitely right on him, I could not hit him, and I was pushed to the void. His whole team was also doing this, and they ended up winning the game without armor or weapons. I thought they were hacking for sure, but I don't want to be the guy who accuses all of his deaths on hacks. And I also didn't know for sure that they were hacking.

So the point is how do I tell if someone is just really good, or if they are hacking and getting past GWEN? Thanks for reading all this, and have a good rest of your day!

Posted Jun 16, 2019
  2. If you get their names next time you can check their player stats https://www.mineplex.com/players if they have a ton of exp then they are probably tryhards doing some challenge but if they have little exp or just look fishy then they could be hacking. Also, hacking is pretty easy to see if you get video evidence.

Posted Jun 16, 2019
    FrostbiteXD likes this.
  3. Herro!

They could be hacking, I would have to spectate to find out, however for the getting past GWEN part, they could be getting flagged but you didn't get to see them be banned. The way GWEN works is that people who are determined to be hacking are added to a list of users that get banned in the next banwave. Every few hours, a banwave happens, banning everyone on the list for the appropriate crime.

Posted Jun 17, 2019
    FruitVegetables likes this.
  4. I think I see your point but on Minecraft there is some combos if you do them right your enemies can’t even hit on you I’m doing it a lot most of time I can do 3v1 or 2v1 if player is average, but if they have reach I don’t know

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  5. Hello! o/

I agree with you that it can be challenging to tell if someone is cheating or not, but @Sven made a great guide on it! This guide will give you descriptions and even video examples of the most popular hacks out there. If you come across someone who you think is very fishy, try to determine whether it could be a kit, or a result of lag and not hacks. Also, if another player hits you first, it is possible for them to get a combo on you where you will be unable to hit them. You can combat this by either throwing projectiles (i.e. snowballs, firing your bow, fishing rod, etc.) or just run away for a second, and then re-enter combat.

If you think they someone is cheating, you can always report them either with the /report command in-game, on the forums with video evidence, or even asking a staff member to check them out in the StaffRequest community. If you are not already part of it, you can join it with the /com join StaffRequest command. You will have to wait to be approved by a staff member before you join, but you should be accepted relatively quickly. To type in the community, do /com chat StaffRequest and then use an exclamation mark (!) before your message.

Posted Jun 17, 2019
    Sven likes this.
  6. And sorry about that I forgot to add about wrong reporting for example I did broke a end stone with my fist then a 93 lvl said that enjoy getting banned since you used a exploit I didn’t even know how is it possible It makes people like feel bad while they get wrong reports if you have a great computer you can open your video recorder on every match soo you can report anyone like that I don’t know even lvl 50+’a can open reach and hack i saw lots of eternal who uses X ray and stuff since we cannot detect most of them they are using it like maybe aim helper and stuff

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  7. Well from my experience at cakewars, Cheaters usually stay at mid or at their base and camp it so when someone comes they instantly kill them, they usually wear full iron. Tryhards though, it's good to search them up at the player stats and it would be good if Mineplex added a last logged in history so we know if the account was also bought or hacked into, it would be good to know about that. But tryhards just go for the win and not for the beacons usually.

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  8. Thanks for all the help everyone!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 17, 2019
  9. There is a challenge that I saw on youtube where players had to win a game with nothing. No armor, no weapons. They were probably doing the same thing. You can find this on a youtuber called Skeppy. Though if you believe they were hacking, it would have helped to record it so someone can help identify it.

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  10. And there is jumpers who jumps to enemy bases and finishes game within 2 minutes or eating 2 teams cake and then disconnect honestly I cannot understand how GWEN doesn’t detect them like they are flying and killing everyone with BunnyHop+KA+no KB

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  11. I'm going to quote my post above to answer why you are wrong here:

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  12. From what you are describing, seems to be a party of sweats to me. Hackers don't usually try to attempt meme kills or challenges rather than just go for kills and annoy people. Then again, the competitive community (especially the cakewars one) has a pervasive closet cheating issue, so it's very possible they could have been toggling or something.

Posted Jun 17, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  13. Some members in the Cake Wars community who play industriously are capable of reaching high CPS and can get up to 20+ per second, that is a possibility why you are unable to hit them (*cough* Mineplex hits actually register) Another reason is that many competitive players use ghost clients to get a slight edge over other players good at the game. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to detect between a good player and a closet/ghost hacker so only QA can ban for reach, auto click, reduced KB. If you really do think that someone is doing one of these things then you can forward the issue to a QA member for the correct platform which you can find at https://www.mineplex.com/staff. There is no guarantee that the issue will be resolved because these staff members are extremely busy. I am decent at PVP but I have come to the realization that there is always someone out there better than me so I try to not get upset about that too much.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  14. No offense, but you probably just got combed

Posted Jun 21, 2019
  15. Odds are it's someone using an alt, either for hacking or smurfing like it's CSGO. You just gotta take it as is. Not denying the fact that there are still hackers up the wazoo on mineplex but GWEN has been doing a good job. I record every now and then when someone has bypassed GWEN and report, they get banned.

Posted Jun 22, 2019
  16. Me and my friends have finished a cake wars game in 2 minutes and 30 secconds.

Posted Jun 23, 2019
  17. Hi,
    It's really difficult to know if someone is auto clicking unless they are blatant with 100 cps. Cheating has evolved to be very difficult to detect. Usually though, many experienced players can tell if someone is cheating or not. If you can understand the game mechanics behind minecraft, it can be easy to tell if someone is cheating or not.
    Otherwise it is really easy to tell if someone is bee hopping or using reach. If you play the game more often, you will understand the expected reach that a player should have. It could have also just been a really good pvper. The server's anticheat isn't as reliable when it comes to closet cheating, but blatant cheating can be more effective.

-Wiz2K

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  18. Most of the time that would be true, but it shouldn't be held as the stereotype of finding who's a hacker and isn't. It could be someone with skillfulness from different servers. Like what Jean_Valjean_ said, it could've been high level players using an alt.

Posted Jun 29, 2019
  19. Are you referring to java? Because you can’t take off the amour in bedrock

Posted Jun 29, 2019
    FruitVegetables likes this.
  20. Usually when someone is hitting you from what seems like farther away than normal and very quickly, they have very good ping and/or a ghost client that gives them extra reach, sideways sprinting and reduced knockback. What I found is that players with minimalistic usernames and over-detailed skins (such as this one: https://namemc.com/profile/hushies.2) are more likely to have either good ping or a ghost client. So to avoid being killed by them I would recommend going after players who don't present these features (this would be an example: https://namemc.com/profile/OneSaltyBoiXXV.1). I am experiencing this "tryhard" issue aswell and I feel like these players are having a negative impact on the server since they make newer and less skilled players quit, but there's not much the admins can do about this. Hope this helps!

Posted Jun 30, 2019