• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11514 Players Online
  • 8624 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hackers on Blockhunt

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by AznBoyKason, Jun 6, 2020.

1. So I been playing Block Hunt and theres always a hacker on there and so what I did was download a block hunt minigame map on a custom server and played with my friend and of course I tested a hack to see if it really works and it does. Some hackers use a tracer hack or a better name tag hack. The tracer has the line to the player thats hiding and the name tag hack shows the name but the name is always "Chicken" it also shows the hp so if it says 20 then its a player and most animals have 4-10 hp so if theres a way to change animal hp on block hunt to 20 please do.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  2. the hack you tested only works on players and if you were to try it in a real game it would most likely not work. However there is a similar hack often called ESP which shows you the locations of hidden players. This doesnt work by comparing health but uses a different mechanic, although i would love to see it being fixed.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    Ghoast likes this.
  3. Hello there!

Yes I do agree with you that the hp should be changed. I have come across many suspicious players on block hunt with tracers/ESP mods. I have also come across this in minestrike in most of my games. I would suggest contacting a staff member who is in rules committee and they can look at the player who you think is playing unfairly. Only rules committee can punish players with ESP/Tracers. Hope this helps.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  4. Hey there!

So yes, there are hacks for block hunt that cause the game to be unfair and go quickly. I hope there is a way to block this such as changing certain aspects of the game. If you do come across a hacker contact a member of the files committee and they can take a look at suspected hackers.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    Ghoast likes this.
  5. Now the issue I see here is that you've admitted to having installed a client to "test". I have had many friends who state this and then become corrupted by it. I hope you don't end up the same.

Also, of course it works... Have you seen any hacker madlad of a server such as 2b2t showing videos of the progress on next generation programs like when one revealed the AI in Minecraft project? If not, you could've just looked up some quick gifs on how esp works on animals and gone from there.

The game works by having a block behaving as if it were a gravity influenced block placed on top of a baby chicken. So esp then would do what? Show the location of the player via the iconic web/line style of connection from the esper/hacker to the hiding player.

HP is something you don't need hacks for, you just need a damage indicators mod which is illegal to use in BH, but I'm sure you know that already. I think that as a game minecraft should require packets containing the mods you've currently installed and have active in game to be sent to the server host to be unpacked to either allow you to enter while disabling the illegal mods or bluntly request you to temporarily remove them from the mods folder while rejecting you from joining.

On this topic I also believe that the same should go for clients. Allowed and passed through the filter would be such: Vanilla client, basic Forge, and Laby/Badlion, etc... Denied would be hacked clients, even if they try to mask their data as Vanilla or something else.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  6. Remember, you can help reduce hackers by recording them and going to mineplex.com/report. It's not that hard and it feels great when you know you are helping the community.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  7. I understand that you come across a fair share of cheaters whilst playing the server, and it does get annoying and frustrating. The only advice I can give you in using either of the following.

1. The /report feature in game: This is the easiest way to report a cheater and get them punished when applicable. To use this feature do /report ( player name ) ( reason ) in chat whilst in game. After you perform said actions a menu will pop up on your screen. Choose the correct reason for punishment and staff will deal with the report appropriately.

2. Record the cheater and report on the forums: Recording a cheater and uploading the proof on the forums may take a little while longer for the cheater to be punished, but the proof provided in the report being sufficient is the most effective way to get a cheater banned.

3. Join the StaffRequest community in game: This community is a great way of directly messaging a staff member in game, once you are accepted into this community you can tell the staff member in community chat the cheaters name, along with the server you are playing on.

To find out which server you are on use the /sv command.

To join the StaffRequest community type /com request StaffRequest in chat.

Posted Jun 7, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 8, 2020
    Timidos likes this.
  8. Hey! I'll give you some solutions for this problem.
    1.Join StaffRequest community
    This community gives you chance to contact with staff team. You can report players in that community.
    do /com request StaffRequest to join.

2.report player by /report
    This is the easiest way.
    You can do it by typing /report (username) (reason).

3.report in mineplex website
    You can also report player in mineplex.com/reports.
    You need an evidence to report here.

Posted Jun 8, 2020
  9. Easier said than done. Most hacks work by modifying incoming/outgoing internet packets. There is no direct/easy way to detect hacks (server/client side) , or even to see if any application is interfering with the packets.
    As to the mod thing, I guess it could work, but there is no "illegal mod". Hacks, or more correctly, mods granting unfair advantages and normal mods don't always have a clear border to separate them. And then, there might be a security concern ( fingerprinting with mods, i.e you have x mod and y mod, hence you are probably user z).

reply to thread : Hacking in block hunt is actually sadness on a new level.

Posted Jun 8, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
    • General Rudeness Severity 2
    Ilegal mod means a mod that isn't allowed on the server, therefore making it against the rules. A synonym for rule breaking is law breaking, which is "illegal".

-snip-

Posted Jun 8, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jun 22, 2020
  10. yes and so how are you going to know which mods are which... matching names?

Posted Jun 9, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  11. Hey there!

Unfortunately, Block-hunt cheats are the hardest to detect and most cheaters who use them end up getting away. Listed below are the reasons:

- Blockhunt cheats are not blatant. What I mean by this is it is visually hard to determine if someone is even cheating with block ESP or any another blacklisted modification that assists you with finding players disguised as blocks. The only way you could really tell is if you look in chat and see there is one hunter finding and killing almost every single hider.

- Blockunt cheats most likely cannot be flagged by the anti-cheat. This is because the cheats for this game-mode are only visual and do not give you any movement or combat advantages, and because of that, I think there is no way for the anti-cheat to check if the player is actually getting any advantages. I know that many years ago, there was a modification that told you how many blocks the nearest hider from you was, and yes, although this may sound OP, back then it actually never showed the hiders name-tag or anything. This made the cheat look even less blatant. I have no clue how cheats are nowadays, but I bet they have advanced drastically.

Overall, I personally think there is not much that can be changed to the Anti-Cheat to prevent these kinds of cheaters. However, you must remember that you can help prevent these kinds of players from invading the game. If you feel like you have recorded excellent proof that can get the cheater banned, you can simply upload the evidence and report the player via forums or you can use the in-game report feature.

Hope this helped clear some things up!

Posted Jun 9, 2020
  12. You will need to get the Infestor Kit and then a recording software, once you have those, record the suspected players while infesting very random blocks (not common spots) and report on the forums. If they deny your evidence, send it to me and I will confirm if it's viable or not. About the HP thing.. that should not happen. The hunter team while legit is pretty underpowered in many games. I understand your frustration but these cheaters are not in every game so it would be wiser to just deal with the hackers/cheaters themselves rather than make it harder for the hunter team. Unfortunately, the people who punish them are not actually expierenced players of the game nor are in a high quantity. The best option is to switch lobbies and try to remember the names of the people you are suspicious of.

Posted Jun 9, 2020
    FluteVegetables and Ghoast like this.
  13. The idea was something I spitballed just to be clear. Either way my reply was because you claimed there were no illegal mods and I clarified the meaning of that. I understand the way hacks work I get that it'd be a challenging thing to patch/ensure that it can't bypass a filter/check.

Posted Jun 9, 2020
    afterfive likes this.