• 3370 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14245 Players Online
  • 10875 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hackers every time

Discussion in 'Help' started by nadav1112, Mar 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mineplex now have lot hackers
    Mineplexplan something to stop the hacking?
    They have something with new anti cheat? Or improve?

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  2. No matter what happens, there will be cheaters on the server, but the staff are trying to reduce the amount of cheaters. You can help reduce them even without being a mod by reporting them on https://www.mineplex.com/reports

The Gwen Anticheat is kind of bugged since if you have a low connection and start to lag, GWEN might think you are cheating and may kick/ban you. And sometimes the entity for GWEN has a chance of getting in your way while fighting others or playing, which results in hitting it. And that leads to a ban/kick

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  3. Every single server has a problem with hackers, it was always like that, and it always will be like that, even the best Anti-Cheats have loopholes and can be bypassed with some clients and not a single anti-cheat is perfect.
    That being said, I feel like GWEN is doing a pretty decent job with cheaters on Mineplex at the moment, most of the time I see someone cheating they're banned or kicked by GWEN at some point in the game, maybe I'm wrong but I feel like the anti-cheat problem isn't as big as most of the people think.
    Also I'm sure mineplex developers are working very hard on improving it every day, but coding an anti-cheat can be a very very difficult job, so we should be patient about it.
    I also wanted to say that reach isn't that big of a problem on Mineplex, as most of the high range hits aren't registered when the player is using reach, I don't think you can use even 4 block reach on Mineplex as the hits you're supposed to get won't register and you'll only get particles. Also GWEN does ban people for reach aswell, I've seen it first hand in my games.
    I hope you understand my point and that you agree to some degree at least, feel free to correct me of give me your opinion if you feel like I said something incorrect, have a great day friend.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Mathuu likes this.
  4. Hi nadav1112,

I understand your feeling. At this point hackers are ruining our fun. As that continues, we keep losing the games and that is horrible. When I play cake wars, I see hackers using superman jumps (they go to the edge of the island, make a superman jump, and land without taking fall damage), bunny hops with fast speed, kill aura, no knockback, and cake eater (eating cakes without actually pointing to the cake and directly eating it).

Like TheAlphonus said, you can report the hackers by doing /report (if players have a rank). Alternatively, you can go to https://www.mineplex.com/reports (all players, including no ranks). You can also join the Mineplex community StaffRequest (It's not official though) on Java Mineplex. In my opinion, I would recommend joining the community StaffRequest because I believe that there are active staffs on the community and it's recommended for no rank players (they can't do /report without a rank).

The staffs are still working on GWEN. Not every anticheat is the best. While it's very useful for banning and kicking cheaters and hackers, there are some flaws. In rare situations, players can get falsely banned even though they do not cheat nor hack. Like Jo9711 said, currently we don't have a GWEN developer, but in future the staffs will hire one. However, the way GWEN works is very hard to code (I am not going to go on much details).

There is a confusion with reach. Of course, a reach of 100 blocks is clearly not normal for players (it is hacking). But I believe that reach doesn't imply killaura because in killaura you also attack players on back and on sides of you, not just you pointing to a player.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  5. There's no anticheat developer. I doubt GWEN is updated every day like you've said. I don't know what games you're playing, because the hackers I encounter are hardly ever banned. Hell, my legit friend got false banned by GWEN ( @tk427 )for 30 days.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  6. Gwens have record they like security cameras if he got false ban they have a doc

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 30, 2020
  7. Good day, nadav1112!

As I do understand your frustration, the users above me have mentioned; there will always be hackers no matter what Minecraft Server you're on and I 100% agree. It's part of your duty as a Member to report rule-breaking players since you're annoyed of them. Mineplex has resources that you can turn to and deliver these hackers their justice... it just starts with you as a Member to report them.

At this current moment, members with the rank Hero+ can use a /report command in-game. This command allows you to report a player in-game and (depending on Staff) a staff member will come in and check your situation out. Noticing that you have the Eternal rank, you have this command available to you.

Another resource that you can turn to (if you don't like using the one above) is reporting the player here on the Mineplex Forums. Found at https://www.mineplex.com/reports, you can report the player here if they are found breaking one of the rules across the Network. I would strongly recommend reading over the Reporting Guide to ensure that your report will be correct. Once you submit a user report, a member of the RP/RPA (Reports/Reports Patrol assistance) team will contact you regarding your report. For your future reference, you can find the rules page at https://www.mineplex.com/rules/.

I can ensure to you that Mineplex's Staff Members are working at their best! Developers are hard at work at this very moment to release the next new update. All I can say is just to be patient and give them time.

Thank you,
    FabianTuck

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  8. I didn't say GWEN is updated every day, I meant that they're working on improving little bits on it every day or looking into it and thinking how they can improve it at least, and then update it when they have a bunch of bits fixed or updated. And for the bans, I guess we disagree on that one but oh well, there's no right or wrong everyone has an opinion and experience, thank you for your response tho, I hope you understood me better now, sorry for confusion.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  9. As numerous individuals have already stated, your best option is to use mineplex.com/reports or to use /report to submit the individual for review by our network's Moderation team. But assuming you know all this, you came here for a plan.

Unfortunately, I'm no longer a member fo our network's Moderation team, but I can shed some insight on the matter from what I learned during my time there. Mineplex's Leadership are aware of the network's persistent hackers and have made necessary provisions to improve our network's anti-cheat software, GWEN. Java's Development Manager actually did hire a new developer solely dedicated to revamping the GWEN system, but, unfortunately, they made little headway before their resignation. The network is actively pursuing a new anti-cheat developer, and I have good faith that one will be hired soon and we can continue to make progress on GWEN.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you. Hopefully, good news will follow within the next few months.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  10. When he resignation

OP OP
  11. They do not. Or at least if they do staff isn't telling us about that part of GWEN.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  12. Thread moved to help section

Hello nadav!

Hackers are always a big problem, and it does suck when they come and run your fun in games. However, I do not see the point in complaining about it on the forums, especially considering the fact that there are other viable steps that you can take, and that have been outlined by the people above me, in order to prevent them ruining your fun.

One of the most, if not the most well known ways of reporting hackers is through our website, at mineplex.com/reports, where an RP/A member such as myself will have a look at the evidence that you have provided, and as long as you have followed the punishment guidelines, will also issue a punishment to the player in-game.

An alternative is the StaffRequest in-game community. Usually there are staff online and active in the community, so by using /com chat StaffRequest, we can see your report, and quickly come to help you out.

I've also noticed that you're an eternal ranked player, which means that you have /report at your disposal. Using this is a great way for us to efficiently handle any issues you have in-game.

As for your complaints about GWEN, currently we don't have an anti-cheat developer, so very little progress can be made in that area. Obviously GWEN won't catch every single hacker, which is why we, as staff, are here as well for you. Hopefully, if we do get a new anti-cheat developer, GWEN can be improved and less hackers will exist in-game.

Because I, and many other people, have already addressed this concern, I'll go ahead and lock this thread. If you're unsatisfied with my response, feel free to send me a PM and I'll try to respond to the best of my ability.

Thread locked -> Concern Addressed

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  13. Someone told me if you lag out they can check the GWEN doc and see if you was hacker or no

OP OP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.