• 946 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9384 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

GWEN NEEDS UPDATE

Discussion in 'Help' started by Gamerbattle, Mar 20, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello , i am creating this thread because i have been false banned by GWEN twice. I live in India so technically EU is what i should be playing on but at the time players on EU servers aren't online. I quickthink my way and join The US servers and i get approximately 300-400 ping but ill manage as long as i get to play the game but because of the lag GWEN think i am cheating, so should i completely stop playing on US servers? hopefully not, please understand and try to resolve this issue ASAP.

regards,
    GameBattleGod

Posted Mar 20, 2019
  2. Hi Gamerbattle,
    I read your thread and honestly, don't know what to think.
    1) Are you currently banned?
    2) If so, click here to appeal.
    Thanks,
    SmokingIsBad4U

Posted Mar 20, 2019
    spacexplorer_ likes this.
  3. From my personal experiences, I have definitely been there before. I literally got 6 false bans in 2018 (all within a span of 4 months) and only 4 of them were deemed false. Although GWEN is much better than mac, I agree that it still needs substantial improvement. Though I am no expert on Minecraft anti-cheat development, there are many sources of code that go into GWEN and I believe it can be improved. There are many conditional statements (for example: if player travels 10 blocks in 1 second, is moving forward, on the ground, and does not have effects, ban for speed) that reveal to QA is someone is legit or cheating, and they all have to be met (just like reports must be 100% evident) or else false punishments occur. Not only are there many rumors going around that GWEN falsely bans a lot, I even have proof my my own punishment history that the anti-cheat is not good enough.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Mar 20, 2019
    Gamerbattle likes this.
  4. Hey MrDrProfessor//_Prof_,

Welcome to the thread

And yeah I agree with your post on this thread.
    Thanks,
    SmokingIsBad4U

Posted Mar 20, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  5. well
    i just go unbanned, you should see other really want to play on mineplex it doesnt mean they have to be confined to their Region or stray the path of being falsely banned

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 20, 2019
  6. Umm
    ok

Posted Mar 21, 2019
  7. Heya!

It’d seem like GWEN is currently having a bit of issues determining who’s hacking and who isn’t. Maybe it’s due to some updates Mineplex has been having recently, however I can’t speak for them so it’s jusf an assumption.

I know how frustrating it could be to get banned falsely by GWEN when you’ve done absolutely nothing wrong at all (it’s happened to a few of my friends) and it’s down to lag. However, GWEN only detects things it assumes to be hacks. I believe it doesn’t register your ping or connection strength at the time, which I think it should. I lag a /lot/ and I always have done with the computer I have now. A false ban (or any ban) has never happened to me though. When I’m lagging the only thing I do is stay completely still as then GWEN can’t see any suspicious activity. That’s my only piece of advise to you until it is updated. It can be annoying, especially in games like Cake Wars and Survival Games, but it’s the only way.

Of course, to lower the amount of lag you have I recommend turning off ‘Fancy’ graphics in video settings, as that causes a lot of lag for me. You could also try lowering your render distance. Mineplex maps aren’t that big so you don’t really need to see the whole world haha. Again, try to lower your FPS. Anything that can potentially cause your connection to work a lot harder, turn it off/down!

It has been mentioned before, but if this ever happens again make sure to appeal at mineplex.com/appeals and fill out the form (For you in this case it’d be; Java/PC; Gamerbattle; [GWEN] 123456789 {example number}; ‘No’; link your previous appeals; explain why they should unban you {talk about your location, ping and connection strength at the time of ban}; read through the appeal guide and put the code in; then agree). For further information you can find the appeal guide here: https://www.mineplex.com/appeal-guide/
    Leave your appeal for 2 weeks and after that, if nobody has responded, you can message a Forum Ninja and ask them to look at it. They’re found under ‘Forum Ninja’ at mineplex.com/staff (:

Hope I helped you. I did my best haha

Posted Mar 21, 2019
    Gamerbattle likes this.
  8. I understand so I am not sure if this is possible or not, if Gwen see some suspicious activity from a user, it can first confirm the hack it's using and check with the ping, I experimented this on my temp server I created where I had an alt with 700ping. I hit my main and moved back and the click actually registered after I moved back.(hopefully you understand) it makes it look like reach hacks, I really don't know how this works.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 21, 2019
    neotheater likes this.
  9. I agree with you that GWEN could definitely use an update. However, it takes time to update the system and isn't going to be something that happens overnight. As unfortunate as it is, no amount of updates will make GWEN perfect and that's just the reality of having an automatic banning system. There are always going to be ways to bypass it and there are always going to be false positives that may result in players being banned unfairly. That's why you have the ability to appeal your punishment. We check all GWEN punishments within our system to ensure they are correct. If not, then you will be unbanned. That's really the best we can do without removing our anti-cheat, which is just not going to happen.

If you haven't already, I would encourage you to appeal at www.mineplex.com/appeals so we can further investigate your punishment. Otherwise, all I can say is that GWEN will be updated and improved as soon as our developers have the time to do so and we make sure it is stable. We don't want to release updates too quickly and risk punishing numerous players because of a bug that was missed.

Since your concern has been addressed, I'm going to lock this thread. If you have any further questions/concerns, feel free to private message me.

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 22, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.