• 2768 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11206 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

GWEN AntiCheat, what I believe should be done

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ToonBasic, Jun 4, 2019.

?

Do you believe GWEN needs a rebranding?

1. Yes, I believe it should

65.5%
  2. No, I think GWEN is fine the way it is, just update it

18.4%
  3. I am not sure honestly, I am 50/50

16.1%
  1. Thats why the developer is not a one time thing and is there to update it frequently, something that we didn't have in the past with neither Consolas nor Prophet.
    But then again there's that Higher Up side that has to be solved too. As Prophet said in his resignation post: "There were a lot of things that Higher ups simply didn't let me do, even tho I thought they'd have good impact on the anticheat and community itself".

Posted Jul 5, 2019
  2. Don't worry, I have a lot of updates in mind coming soon. Whether I decide to do one big update, or multiple small updates though is still in decision.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 5, 2019
  3. I’ve had this idea in the back of my mind for what feels like forever now, finally someone is willing to do something about this. It’s definitely time for a change so let’s bring it!

Posted Jul 5, 2019
  4. Hey, three times a charm right? I do not and did not cheat on Mineplex.
    the anticheat doesn't do anything to you if you use most combat cheats. Multi killaura on 20 attacks per second at 6.0 range will not trigger anything. Obviously, it sets off alerts. but what good is that? It should ban you if you hit more than 3 targets at once. or higher than 17 cps. Single target or switch-target killaura on 12 aps, randomized, and 3.9 range should be the only time where it only sends staff alerts. and even that might be too lenient.
    I think also the anticheat should have more indepth checks, like moving while inventory changes, detections for patterned behaviors such as bridging unusually fast, interact autoblock checks, snapping between targets unusually fast.. having too high rotation speeds while bridging....
    like VACNet you know?

Posted Jul 10, 2019
  5. Big updates coming, no worries.

Lets just say I am predicting 2-3x the amount of bans in the bulletin, less false bans (As I am taking proper measures against things such as lag), and plenty of "Interesting" checks that'll be sure to surprise a couple of people in Mineplex.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 10, 2019
    Thenorn, Hulk_, Glamourized and 8 others like this.
  6. A lot of promising information coming from you, thank you for doing this for all of us as well as communicating about your intentions. It really shows a lot about your character and brews good morale for all of us here in the community :)

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    Hulk_ likes this.
  7. I can't really explain as much as I want to as obviously I am under an NDA haha.

OP OP
    Halflove and wattywatty14 like this.
  8. Wow! Thank you for taking so much time on this post! honestly like most things, there will always be hiccups but I think GWEN is doing pretty well. With the right developer it definitely could improve, and I'm hoping you're the man for the job! Good luck and thanks again for the interview with me!

Posted Jul 10, 2019
  9. Is it just me or is video broken?

Posted Jul 10, 2019
  10. It's intentional, don't worry!

I am working on trying to make GWEN as best as it can be!

OP OP
    wattywatty14 likes this.
  11. Yes video when¿

Posted Jul 13, 2019
    Toxcity likes this.