• 2344 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10782 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

GWEN AntiCheat, what I believe should be done

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ToonBasic, Jun 4, 2019.

?

Do you believe GWEN needs a rebranding?

1. Yes, I believe it should

65.5%
  2. No, I think GWEN is fine the way it is, just update it

18.4%
  3. I am not sure honestly, I am 50/50

16.1%
  1. I am already well aware and have already submitted mine. Whether I get accepted it or not will be up to the leadership/development team.

Anyways, I'll hopefully have a video up within the next hour, if not tomorrow!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 5, 2019
  2. He has applied already, hopefully a quick hire.

Posted Jun 5, 2019
    NuzzyHere likes this.
  3. Uploading a 45 minute video of how to detect clients (Both staff and anticheat-wise) now! Over 3gb large, but hopefully it helps!

[​IMG]
    --- Post updated ---
    The video is now out! Check it out here: (The video may have bad quality due to YouTube processing, so give it a bit of time to adjust!)

Also, check out this thread I made here on the Mineplex Guides forum!
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/mi...-hackers-for-both-staff-and-developers.45721/

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2019
  4. Wow, that looks complicated. XD

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  5. At first it does, but it's easy to get the hang of honestly!

Though I have been doing this for quite a while, so that's also probably why :P.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  6. @ToonBasic Do you do java lessons for beginners by any chance yet?

(Also sent you a friend request on MP Java)

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  7. As of right now, no, but one YouTuber that I think is great for that is Derek Banas

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2019
    Admeen3581 likes this.
  8. Very much appreciated!

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  9. Not a problem!
    --- Post updated ---
    Thinking of updating this thread with more information! Let me know if you guys have any questions, concerns, or whatnot!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2019
  10. Honestly, if I were you with your experience and opinion I would apply for Anit-Cheat Developer. You can apply by sending an email to [email protected]

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  11. Haha, it's been done, though I know there's been some others who've applied as well, so whether I make it or not is for the future to tell.

Aside from that, would you guys like to see me speed-code my own variant of GWEN AntiCheat?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 11, 2019
    FrostbiteXD likes this.
  12. @ToonBasic Do you have any tips for starting out in Anti-Cheat development? I have 2 years of Java experience, and I'd like to dip my toe into this field a bit.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  13. Learn how Minecraft works. Reverse Minecraft's source code and study how each major things (Such as movement) works.
    --- Post updated ---
    Code:
    @CheckType(id = "timer:a", name = "Timer A", type = CheckType.Type.CONNECTION, maxVl = 3, timeout = 20 * 10)
    public class Timer extends Check {
       private final MovingStats movingStats = new MovingStats(20);

@Priority(Priority.Value.MIN)
        void check(WrappedInFlyingPacket wrappedInFlyingPacket) {
            //cause burst packets upon join
            if (playerData.state.lastLogin + 3000L > System.currentTimeMillis())
                return;

boolean lagging = playerData.lag.keepAlivePing + 20L > playerData.lag.transactionPing && playerData.lag.keepAlivePing + 30L <= playerData.lag.transactionPing;

if (playerData.isSkippingTicks() || playerData.teleport.teleportManager.hasTeleported(new SimpleLocation(playerData), 4) || lagging)
                return;

//rip flying packets while standing still in 1.9+
            if (playerData.protocolVersion.isAbove(ProtocolVersion.V1_8_9) && !isMoving())
                return;

movingStats.add(playerData.lag.packetDelay);

double max = 7.07;
            double stdDev = movingStats.getStdDev(max);

if (!Double.isNaN(stdDev) && stdDev < max) {
                fail(2, 20 * 40, "%.0f", stdDev);
            }
        }
    }

Throw back to some old code of mine for a Timer check. Worked really well and detected timer the instant you enable it, but it had its issues when it came to 1.9+.

Needless to say, it wasn't a half bad check.
    --- Post updated ---
    Made a neat scaffold check for my version of Mineplex AntiCheat (No, it's not official, just making it for fun):
    https://imgur.com/Z6SPP9b

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 14, 2019
    Wiz_Techno, Saker and FrostbiteXD like this.
  14. Of course! Would be unique and I think would make you stand out from all applicants, Good luck on the position!

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  15. I'll look into doing that soon!
    --- Post updated ---
    Tried to make a video just for the video to corrupt, rip about 30 minutes of video.
    --- Post updated ---
    Currently recording the speed code!

Currently at 1 hour & 20 minutes of recorded footage of me falling asleep while coding and making some small mistakes and missing things haha!

Working on the checks now! Little sneak peak:
    https://i.imgur.com/SKlHYno.png
    --- Post updated ---
    Getting the new video rendered out!

Only made 1 check though, I spent too much time on the base itself and got really tired as it's already 3am and couldn't think straight. I'll be making a part 2 soon!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 15, 2019
  16. The enthusiasm you show for the community is great and I think it is something that will really set you apart from others who are applying for the role. You have already proven yourself worthy of the position and your 40-minute video was extremely interesting and a good watch. I can't wait for that speed code!

Going back to the original thread, you can see that the majority of the community who have come across this thread would prefer a rebrand of the anti-cheat system as proven by the thread vote. I don't think the leadership would be so against it as several people have stated above, after all, they could have simply released Gwen under the old title, M.A.C, but they instead changed it, probably to rebrand and move forward from the assumptions that it (M.A.C) was a bad anti-cheat.

Best of luck on your application, you are definitely a worthy contender.

Posted Jun 15, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 15, 2019
  17. I appreciate your opinion!

I personally hate it when a player's experience is ruined.
    I think of it as this:
    If I don't want it to happen to me, why would I let it happen to others?

I am also a person who loves to give accurate information and debunk innacurate claims, so yeah, haha.
    --- Post updated ---
    https://i.imgur.com/4RxnsrS.gifv
    https://i.imgur.com/9SG9KCf.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/IsOqBALh.gif

Sigma is easy to detect

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 18, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 18, 2019
    leo_thya likes this.
  18. Tbh, GWEN is the OG, and I'd be sad to see the name go, but then again, everyone knows GWEN as "That trash anticheat" so Idk.
    Now, your last post aka the video, why do I feel like you spoiled the name that you want to use (Veronica).
    May be wrong tho.

Posted Jul 5, 2019
  19. what if people just update their hacks to get around the other anti-cheat? Its going to be constant

Posted Jul 5, 2019
    Saker likes this.
  20. Now this is huge! The rebranding of GWEN I feel like shouldn’t be needed unless it actually turns out to affect the community popularity wise. Something along the lines of “GWEN 2.0” or “GWEN 3.0” will satisfy. It is very true that many clients are bypassing GWEN, which is one of the many reasons why GWEN needs a major update. More of a reawakening to be completely honest with you. I like the passion you have on trying to increase the popularity of the community since some percentage of players left due to a faulty and outdated anti-cheat system. My only concern is will the anti-cheat update be false in the way that it punishes it’s offenders because it’s highly strict? I know it probably won’t but assuring it with some efficient beta testing is always a great idea (you probably already had that in mind). Games like Cakewars and Nano will definitely appreciate an update on GWEN because I see some hackers there on average once or twice.

Being a anti-cheat Developer is great, and I wish you the best on your journey! Congratulations once again on your recent promotion by the way.

Posted Jul 5, 2019