• 506 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3085 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Gungames Games Idea

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by MowzenDBS, Feb 4, 2020.

1. My Idea:

The gun games would be a ffa or the principle would be to start just with a sword is killed players to recover stuff is controlled the map but if one dies we lose the stuff so be careful not to take too much risk

Posted Feb 4, 2020
  2. Are you suggesting a GTA type of game?
    If so, I think it could be fun. We had a game called Gem Hunters where players would roam around the map collecting weapons and loot, and they’d be able to cash in their rewards. I believe this is similar to the type of game you are suggesting.

There were definitely some issues with it and it required a lot of maintenance. I’m not sure if our current playerbase could support such a massive game, but, if a lot of people want a game implemented like this, you never know what could happen in the future.

Posted Feb 4, 2020
  3. Hey,

Are you suggesting a GTA type of game?
    If so, I think it could be fun. We had a game called Gem Hunters where players would roam around the map collecting weapons and loot, and they’d be able to cash in their rewards. I believe this is similar to the type of game you are suggesting.

There were definitely some issues with it and it required a lot of maintenance. I’m not sure if our current playerbase could support such a massive game, but, if a lot of people want a game implemented like this, you never know what could happen in the future.

I think they're talking about a mini-game similar to the COD Black Ops mini-game "Gun Game". It's basically a mini-game where each player starts with the same basic pistol. Every time the player gets a kill, they're upgraded to the next weapon, getting a slightly more powerful weapon. The idea is to progress through all the different guns in the game until you've got like 20 kills with 20 different weapons.

Whilst I personally like that idea, I don't really think there's anywhere specific that it could be implemented that makes sense. Putting it in NANO, or anywhere really that's outside of MineStrike, wouldn't make sense as you'd need the person to start using the MineStrike texture pack, which can actually result in players being kicked from the server if they haven't got the "server resource pack" setting enabled. This means that the only place that this could belong on the server would be as apart of the MineStrike game-mode, which currently isn't too popular. You'd also likely be splitting the MineStrike community up, which isn't exactly a great idea - it would result in much less games starting, likely upsetting players.

Thanks!
    ~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Feb 5, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 5, 2020
    510bike likes this.
  4. no need for a special pack we can keep the weapons vanilla is every time we kill we improve our weapon or our armor

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 5, 2020
  5. basically the game I would like to bring to the server I saw it on the Gommehd server is I love the principle so I would like to see it on the server

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 5, 2020
  6. Hi,
    This seems like a very interesting game that could be great or bad for the Mineplex server. Personally, I don't think it should be its own game but more so an expansion of a current Mineplex game, Minestrike. The reason I don't think the game should be standalone is because of the size of the game and the mechanics you've suggested for it. If the game uses swords as 'guns' then it would be extremely fast because most Mineplex players are experienced in player-versus-player combat. However, if the game were to use the Minestrike texture pack and use the guns to add a more aesthetically appealing game, that would be awesome. The game's current size would probably be better as a NANO game as suggested by @Grandmaster. It would save server space, and allow more members to play it instead of breaking up the remaining Minestrike community. That's my input on this, looking forward to seeing everyone else's!

Posted Feb 6, 2020
  7. Hi there!

I personally am not a fan of Gun games but if this were to be added to the server, we already have minestrike, if we were to add another game like that It would break down the players on minestrike. Now I wouldn't mind having a game like this it seems quite interesting, I'm sure a lot of players would enjoy a game like this, if you were able to get more details, kits etc all of the game mechanics I'm sure I could give you a more detailed response, but otherwise this idea seems super interesting and I wouldn't mind seeing a game like this, If the game Is how call of duty is where you start with good guns and then go down from there I enjoy those games and I would love to see that added, overall this was a pretty good idea but since there isn't really much detail I won't leave a yes or no yet. 0 Thanks for hearing me out! :)

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Feb 6, 2020
  8. Hey there!

Like @Camull ✩ , I am also in the middle on this.

On one hand, I am an avid Minestrike player and personally do love gun games, so something like this would be pretty cool to have added to the server, either as a nano game, as suggested, or as an extension of Minestrike like there is a teams and solos options for a lot of gamemodes, it would be a selection between this and Minestrike.

However, one great point is that as a Minestrike player, I can confirm we don't have the biggest playerbase for people that play the game, so adding something like this could either divide that dwindling playerbase, or it could completely take down Minestrike and make everyone play it instead (or vise versa). Also, this seems very similar to One In the Quiver, just with guns, so I'm not sure a gamemode like this is really needed as it isn't very unique compared to other games on the server and other videogames in general.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  9. Hello,
    After reading some of the interesting points above, I do not think this would be a great game to implement. At its core, a gun game would be very fun, however, there are a few issues. Chiefly, we already have a gun game, that being Minestrike. Any other game with guns would most likely be strikingly similar to Minestrike, and would therefore not be 100% original. In addition, as @Tilgorn said, this would probably divide the already small Minestrike community, likely leaving one of the two games with little to no players. With these concerns combined with the lack of details and concepts in your original post, I just do not see this being a viable game. Thank you for suggesting this, but it is a -1 from me. Have a nice day!

Posted Feb 16, 2020 at 11:28 PM