• 901 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11852 Players Online
  • 10951 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

GUIDE + FAQ - Can't view/post on threads/apps & Help with linking/email/account help

Discussion in 'Help' started by Marzie, Feb 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There's a lot of people that have come to staff members asking, "why can't I post on x thread?" or "I can't view x thread" and even, "the email confirmation to make my account isn't sending!" So, instead of staff constantly going through the steps of this process over and over again, I'll just make a guide for you to read on your own and get you the maximum help possible. This thread is also applicable to those who can't submit any applications.

I can't view or post on x section/thread, what do I do?
    • Step 1 - Make sure you are logged into the website. If you don't have a Mineplex forum's account, click the "sign up now" button and create an account.
    • Step 2 - Make sure you have your Minecraft account linked.
    • Step 3 - Make sure you are not forum banned.
    • Step 4 - If you are still having issues (some specifically listed below), please make a Support Ticket so they can look into it further.

More in-depth details on each step:

Step 1: Make sure you are logged into the website. If you don't have a Mineplex forum's account, click the "sign up now" button and create an account.

Log in: You can log into the website by clicking the icon in the top right with an arrow pointing inside a box.
    Sign up: You can sign up to the website by clicking the orange box that says, "Sign up now!" on the right side of your screen. Alternatively, you can also sign up by clicking the log in button. You sign up to the website by putting in your email, then clicking, "No, create an account now" under, "Do you already have an account?" If you are not getting an email confirmation, please scroll to the last Q&A at the bottom under "Issues & what you should do."
    Both
    : The fastest way to get to both is by going to https://www.mineplex.com/login/ and either logging in or creating an account.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Step 2: Make sure you have your Minecraft account linked.

How to link your Minecraft character: Both Java and Bedrock linking are the same linking system. Just go to mineplex.com/link and follow the steps there. You will have to be in-game to do this. When you go to the link site, it will tell you a command to put into the chat. When you put that command into chat (/link xxx-xxx-xxx - the x's will be numbers for you of course), your character should then auto-link. You can tell if you did this step correctly by scrolling to the bottom of the mineplex.com/link page and seeing your character(s) for either Bedrock or Java show up there.
    *NOTE: Please be careful of what account you are linking! You cannot unlink the account you linked to the website later on unless a bug has occurred with your linking or you have a very specific case happen.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Step 3: Make sure you are not forum banned.

How to check if you are forum banned: Across every section of the forums there will be a message at the top saying, "You are banned from our website due to violating our rules. You may appeal using the Punishment Appeal Form." You can also check your profile page to see further information about your warning and just to double-check to see that you have a "Banned User" tag on your profile.

[​IMG]

Step 4: If you are still having issues (some specifically listed below), please make a Support Ticket so they can fix whatever issue you have.

Submitting a Support Ticket: You can submit a support ticket at mineplex.com/tickets. To create a new ticket click the "open new tickets" option on the right side. For this problem, you should select the option, "Other" and describe your problem. You do not need a forums account to create a ticket.

[​IMG]

Issues & what you should do:
    Q:
    My account is linked and I'm logged in, but I still can't view or post on x thread!
    A: We know of this issue, so just submit a support ticket. No need for a website bug report in this case.

Q:
    I'm logged in on some pages, and logged out on others. It keeps giving me a security error!
    A: Clear your cached images and files in your web browser. We are aware of this issue as well, so no website bug report is needed. You will, unfortunately, have to do this if the security error bothers you and is "glitching" out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Q: I'm trying to link my account, but it won't link no matter how many times I spam the link?
    A: Submit a support ticket if your character is not linked on the website within a day.

Q: The website says my account is already linked, but it's not on my profile?
    A: Submit a support ticket.

Q: The email confirmation is not sending to my account, help!
    A: We highly recommend using Gmail when signing up on the website. If you don't use Gmail, then you may not get a confirmation email or any email from our website (other email services block our emails sometimes or all the time). Gmail emails can and will be slow, but at least they send. Make sure to check your spam folder. Please allow Gmail emails at least 24 hours before contacting staff for further support.

Q: I'm trying to create an account and it says, "Some fields contained unexpected data. Please try again or contact the administrator." What do I do to fix this?
    A: Clear cache and/or cookies. Look at the spoiler above named, "How to clear cached images/files" for help on clearing these.

Ticket response times can vary from a few hours to a whole week. Typically, they take 1-3 days.

This list may have more added on to it later, so these may not be a full list of issues. If you find a new website bug, please contact me or submit a Website Bug Report for us to look at. Any and all other issues should go through a Support Ticket.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.