• 1492 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8091 Players Online
  • 6599 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Guardian

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Blazette, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Ngl id like to meet the person who thought target laser was a great idea

Posted Jan 25, 2021
    shihanna likes this.
  2. Agreed

Posted Jan 25, 2021
    Blazette likes this.
  3. I hate it too. +2 damage from an attached laser is ridiculous. Running away from it deals 1.5 hearts and a smart guardian can utilize their abilities to keep you low/pull you close.

Posted Jan 25, 2021
    Blazette likes this.
  4. It's so hard to play against, but Guardian does come with lower armour and average regeneration so it does level out.

Posted Jan 26, 2021
  5. Hardly at times, glitchy hit box and getting close to them = 1 shot, specially if they are just running away waiting for target laser again

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 26, 2021
  6. And the ever so slightly advantageous plus side that it can hit you without any cooldown on haste, meaning someone with 20CPS can essentially straight-line one shot you!
    Exactly, target laser should swap out haste for strength. Give it a strength buff but remove the ability to infinitely hit you without cooldown ticks. If you get a good combo you can easily fight guardian - and it doesn't fare well against bow kits, but in the PvP department that kit is quite strong. I wouldn't risk saying it's anywhere near S tier, but it's not a bad kit either. It just needs a laser rework and a hitbox fix.

Posted Jan 26, 2021
    Kenshin_William likes this.
  7. Its mainly the fact that it can link all of its skills together + melee with target laser buff...its just too powerful

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 26, 2021
    shihanna likes this.
  8. The thing that could balance it is removing target laser break damage.

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    Blazette likes this.
  9. I think the main problem with the guardian is the hitbox. I tested projectiles against it while the guardian was looking down and i was able to shoot under it.

Posted Jan 27, 2021
  10. The hitbox screws me up too. Sometimes it magically looks downwards even though the player isn't, causing my brain to shoot a bouncing arrow

Posted Jan 27, 2021
  11. use f3 b when u fight guardian, or else youll lose a lot

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    Blazette likes this.
  12. lowkey need to do that

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 27, 2021
    Carrut likes this.
  13. Why? Genuinely curious

Posted Jan 27, 2021
  14. It shows the entire mob hitbox, including the invisible part.

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    Blazette likes this.
  15. glad someone made a thread about this. because from my experience people usually act like there's nothing wrong with guardian even though target laser exists.

and the hitbox

Posted Jan 28, 2021
    Blazette likes this.
  16. yeah people underrate that kit waaayyy too much, same with magma (in the right hands)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 28, 2021
  17. I agree, I rarely play a good magma cube but they can be very powerful. I don't see the guardian kit as too good though. I have played many more amazing slimes and spiders than guardians. It is very hard to master and while the target lazer can be OP I feel as though it is not OP to the point where everyone is using it because it is free wins.

Posted Jan 28, 2021
  18. There's an invisible part?

Posted Jan 28, 2021
    Carrut likes this.
  19. Ye thats how its able to look up and appear above the ground but the hitbox is below it.

Posted Jan 28, 2021
    Butterfl1 likes this.
  20. Well ofc slime and spider are commonly used by top players so it’s ty to be expected of them to be good, guardians aren’t “usually” used by top players but skilled players in general make the kit extremely broken just with target laser being a thing

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 28, 2021
    Carrut likes this.