• 2573 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13080 Players Online
  • 10507 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Great Chicago Fire - Digital Collage

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by Iscariot, Jan 1, 2020.

1. This is a three-piece series titled Great Chicago Fire — collages I made by hand then assembled and edited/colored digitally.

Traditional tools: Mixed media paper, zines, gesso, India ink, tea staining, Micron 0.5 pen & felt markers
    Digital tools: Photoshop (for assembling, coloring and post-production), Illustrator (for color grading and pre-production)

2020 will focus more on series for me than on single pieces being that I am constantly trying to challenge myself and I feel like this is a good start :)

Enjoy!

*if images don't load let me know, they're large files and I had to reformat for here!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -IR

Posted Jan 1, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 1, 2020
    M4RK7000, xSusieLove, Korben and 2 others like this.
  2. These pieces look amazing, Ian. There's so many different aspects to it, it's hard to focus on just one thing (in a good way). I especially love the colors of the third (blue and red) piece and the older-looking building at the bottom right. I love that you have decided to challenge yourself even further this in this new year. I know you'll do amazing things, and I can't wait to see more work from you. :)

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  3. Hey Freddey! I wanted to reply directly because you always take the time to comment on my artwork :) Color theory is something I really enjoy, and going through making sure these palettes made sense is something that wasn't easy but certainly fun! Especially considering the original zine collages were by hand on paper, this was something new for me and I'm glad you enjoy!!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 1, 2020
    chhase likes this.
  4. These are just amazing! As said by Freddey, there are so many aspects to it, which is just awesome. I'm sure many can agree, the color choices are awesome, and I'm VERY excited to see more work from you in the future.
    Keep it up! :D

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  5. Man your so good at art, these pieces all look so incredible, the colors complement each other really well and like Freddey said there are so many aspects to the pictures that its hard to focus on one thing. They look absolutely stunning! Great job and keep up the good work! Cant wait to see what your next piece is!

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  6. I will be posting more as the year goes along, with a focus on series (ranging from 3 to 12.) This was my way of easing in to something I've never tried before but I'll slowly be challenged more! Thanks for your support Crackle, it's appreciated :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 1, 2020
  7. Those are amazing pictures :D Keep up the good work, excited to see more of your work in the future!

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  8. you are incredibly decent at making abstract art. it looks really.. real. keep it up rainbows, it looks lit :))

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.