• 782 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8254 Players Online
  • 7472 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

God boxes etc

Discussion in 'Survival' started by thawazp, Nov 21, 2020.

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motte-and-bailey_fallacy#:~:text=The motte-and-bailey fallacy,(the "bailey").

As for the rest.

- Chorus plants teleport you.
    - I specifically requested removing End Rods, the reason was silly (had to do with 'Love Hotels', that one's on me.
    - Beacons give effects you would otherwise not be able to get in the current version of the game, thus altering gameplay.

They were all cheated in items, regardless of gameplay effect. When there is the opportunity, a legitimate and intended way will be added for you to get them. It is obviously too late to go back and un-remove any of these items, so there's no sense in arguing it. Until then, the items have been removed, and that's that.

Isaac

Posted Mar 20, 2021
  2. In all of the time I’ve played survival I have never seen one “love hotel”. The people who makes those stay to creative housing.
    Beacons didn’t give effects, they were purely decorative.

I don’t really want to get involved with the whole “bring vanilla items back to the game” argument just correcting some thing that were wrong.

Posted Mar 20, 2021
    thawazp likes this.
  3. For the first part, yeah, it was my mistake. The second part, whoops, thanks, small oversight.

Posted Mar 21, 2021
  4. Chorus plants don’t teleport you only the fruit does chorus plants are decorative but even so chorus fruit is a way to save yourself from falls and it’s teleporting effect has no negative implications, beacons (as you would know if you played survival) do not give any effects on mp they are simply a light source many of us like for our builds you can even prove this by going near some active beacons that do still exist placed in the world they give no effects same with end rods they are used as a light source and many builds suffer without light sources that match their style idk anything about these live hotels but I’ve never seen one in survival and judging by your knowledge of beacons I’d say you haven’t either maybe in creative housing or something or maybe you seek out these kind of strange things that the community in survival really doesn’t care for regardless there is still no valid excuse for removal even of any of these and even if these “love hotels” existed it sounds like a personal issue and not one that should be used to effect the entire community I’m sure they can build them just the same either way also any structure can be called anything the builder chooses that’s no reason to ban the blocks used to build it just as in real life a hammer is a tool used to make things and is necessary and just because someone uses it as a weapon it doesn’t mean you ban hammers

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.