• 411 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4148 Players Online
  • 3737 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

God boxes etc

Discussion in 'Survival' started by thawazp, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Btw I heard reset is in next year

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  2. Even though almost all survival players appose the reset why not do it? It’s not like it would upset the players and make them stop playing, right?

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    Elsos, Jet Starglaze and thawazp like this.
  3. Umm there won’t be nether or end dimensions only more things are being removed also a lot of the items that exist won’t after the reset it’s a lot more you will lose than just the map also there are no gboxes so you clearly don’t have that many god items were removed a while ago so there are no god boxes anymore just shulkers filled with trash, also shulker boxes are one of the items we will have no way to get once the server resets the fact that you would even call it a gbox shows you have not spent that much time as you are unaware that gboxes do not exist and havnt played long enough to know what actually god items are or anything like that whereas a lot of us have played for a year or more and have had so much taken away from us with more to come and absolutely nothing done to improve the game in any way only make it worse

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 2, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 2, 2021
    qxtz, Jet Starglaze and MaybeMulti like this.
  4. @thawazp is the reset confirmed by staff? because if it is, I would at least stop building and find another server

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and thawazp like this.
  5. It is confirmed.
    Before the reset has even happened people have started leaving lol.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  6. my villas compound project shall be suspended then :s

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  7. It really sucks that there is going to be a reset. Like, i was about to expand my base, build stuff, make a shulker room, do everything, but now due to the reset, i have no motivation. Its going to be destroyed when the reset happens so im not encouraged to do anything. I.v seen magnificent bases and cities, the people who build them will probably leave.

Posted Mar 8, 2021
  8. I'd like to clarify this, because while it is confirmed that a reset will eventually happen, there is no ETA and it will most likely not happen for a long time. I just don't want any misinformation spread.

Posted Mar 8, 2021
    thawazp and CloudyDay1234 like this.
  9. The purpose of the reset is to remove all of the illegal items. A reset is necessary for Survival to actually even be about survival. This reset is going to eliminate all of the spawned items, and all of the items that have been duplicated to no end. Nothing in Survival actually has any value because of this. Everything can be eventually rebuilt, and when the duplication glitch is patched a reset is certainly in order.

Posted Mar 8, 2021
    CloudyDay1234 likes this.
  10. A reset seems good until you consider all the points the otehrs made in other threads (the list is way to long so im not gonna write them out here)
    but Thats where the problem lies. When we do reset, do you think someone who has placed obsidian in a line farther than my render distance can go will rebuild that? I mean if a reset happens sure, the illegal items would go away but mineplex survival would lose its unique touch. A reset seems good in theory but would be detramental in reality.

Posted Mar 8, 2021
    Kight, Ryan9116, yvuggu and 2 others like this.
  11. This reset won’t only get rid of the illegals it will get rid off half of the players. The first reset almost killed survival what makes you think that it will be any different this time.

Posted Mar 8, 2021
  12. The duplication glitch will hopefully be patched this time, and measures will be taken to prevent the spawning in of items. Even if the previous reset did not resolve all issues, this one might. Besides, the community clearly recovered from the previous reset.

Everything that is built there is eventually going to be gone anyway. It's a virtual game server. It doesn't actually exist. Also, what unique touch does Mineplex Survival have? 7 year olds whining about your Gboxes and Devil Boxes? No economy due to mass inflation? As it is now, Mineplex Survival is not survival. It's just creative without fly.

Posted Mar 8, 2021
  13. I've seen videos on youtube about survival "goodbye mineplex survival" and they put sad montages together with awsome cities and bases, and its a shame to see all that hard work be swept away in an instant

Posted Mar 8, 2021
  14. You could say that about the whole of mineplex, Minecraft, Gaming, and delete every game there is. Because its going to go away eventually.

I feel like theres other ways to get rid of the illegals without having to do a reset. Once the nether and end are introduced, there will be new items in curculation, and by then the dupe glitch would have been patched. I dont know about the mass inflation though, and i dont know how that could be fixed. I just feel like a reset is too extreme.

Posted Mar 8, 2021
  15. I don't think a reset is too extreme, because it would be a perfect solution to all of these issues, and nothing lasts forever, especially online.

Enjoy building with every imaginable material. Enjoy putting already illegitimate shulker boxes into more shulker boxes and spreading them around the community. Enjoy this broken Survival while you can. The reset will eventually happen and hopefully with it Mineplex Survival will be fixed and played the way it's supposed to be played. Because I can guarantee this is not what the developers wanted.

Posted Mar 8, 2021
    CloudyDay1234 likes this.
  16. Although I would never vote for a reset because i would have to rebuild my houses, I totally agree with @CloudXYZ15 regarding the messed up economy
    However, if the reset doesn’t fix duplication glitch it would be a huge waste. I think i will personally just simply quit survival and spend more time on cake wars anyway

Posted Mar 8, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  17. how can it be played the way it’s supposed to when half of the vanilla game is removed stacking dirt blocks with no possible progression is not Minecraft or fun it’s pointless all the removed stuff is staying removed and more is planned to be removed like red stone I don’t think Minecraft was ever meant to be played without half the blocks items mobs etc and it won’t fix the economy at all just make it impossible to even have one when there are no items of value or any reason to ever trade for anything I don’t understand how anyone can say things like this

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 9, 2021
  18. Hi! It's me again! Let's get started :D

I looked over this thread and I'm going to address everything I can.

You can report these users at www.mineplex.com/report if they do spam chat. "God Boxes" do technically still exist just less op. We have not disabled golden apples/enchanted apples. I personally have them and can still use them. We do not have an ETA for a reset and NO the reset is not confirmed 100% There is a very good chance at it happening so I'm not getting your hopes up. What you and every other survival player need to realize is that "blank and blank won't happen" or "blank and blank will happen" doesn't mean the end of the world. We haven't even released a public thread saying what changes are happening in survival. Just because the idea was denied doesn't mean it still won't happen. I have VERY high hopes for Season 3 when it happens you guys are talking down the new season you know nothing about. We have not disabled "half the game" Most of the current stuff (1.14+) isn't support due to the server software being 1.12-1.16+ We had to remove the "fun" stuff (hacked in items) because they were CHEATED in and overall very unfair.

Posted Mar 14, 2021
    CloudXYZ15 likes this.
  19. Going to give a Game Insights perspective here. You are 100% fully right that the removal of god boxes is detrimental to the economy of Survival. But, if we're being frank, the standard for our economy shouldn't be cheated in items. I understand your frustrations and empathize with them. Game Insights have so much planned for Survival, and one of my top priorities are the economy. Let's face it, Survival's economy is one of the most important things in the game. In a future "Season" there is an unthinkable amount that we'd like to do with Shops, trading, currency, and more.

That being said, no one knows when that might happen. But, for now, the overpowered items were removed because they were cheated in & there's not much more to it. I understand the frustration that this "black market" economy was removed and nothing left in its place, but it's unfortunately not something that can be rectified until time can be put into working on Survival.

As for redstone, I was thinking about suggesting on our document removing it but after your comments I'm going to take a look and see if we can't optimize + limit it in some way without removing it entirely.

Regards,
    Isaac

Posted Mar 15, 2021
    yvuggu, thawazp, CloudXYZ15 and 2 others like this.
  20. the issue here is that absolutely no one is asking for hacked stuff and that this straw man keeps being thrown at us over and over again despite it being irrelevant to anything anyone said anywhere the complaint is that normal vanilla minecraft items have been removed from the game with the promise of more removals to come and staff etc keep saying this nonsense about hacked items or unfair advantages when no one is asking for anything that isn’t in the vanilla game and there were absolutely no unfair advantages everyone had access to everything within their first 5 mins of play and while that will still be true in the new iteration of survival access to everything will soon be spawning in and breaking dirt and yayyy you’ve won the game good job there’s nothing left to do or progress to make because the whole game is gone

On another note thank you for working to keep redstone in the game everyone just wants to play survival on mineplex with their friends and have fun but every item removed takes large chunks of options out of the game especially redstone which is so important to many of the farms and things like hidden doors or pop up tables that people love to see in builds, it’s nice to see someone trying to improve the game and make things work rather than just removing everything because everytime one thing is gone then it’s the next thing that’s the issue and eventually we end up with nothing left of the original game

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 19, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 19, 2021
    MaybeMulti likes this.