• 1776 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14351 Players Online
  • 12575 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Go back to SKYWARS V2

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by ray, Dec 19, 2020.

1. v2 was much more fun than v3 is now. this gamemode makes me want to go to another server that averages 100k people a day. v2 had kits which was a more skill factor rather than luck. you had to be skilled and knowledgeable to understand and utilize the kits in a certain manner. this current v3 is just plain boring where a lot of luck is involved. plus v2 averaged twice the people that v3 averages today.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 9, 2021
  2. v3 in my opinion is such a joke of an update. I don’t know why I literally played it so much the whole summer and the rest of the year, where in v2 you get to leap, and etc and with gold, chain and iron armor the fights would be shorter

Posted Jan 9, 2021
    niqhts, BREETZY and FREAKINGNICK like this.
  3. anyways heres my full interpretation of this. The cakewars kb thing is absolutely braindead and makes things a cps battle even more then in v2. once again i urge mineplex to just make pvp vanilla with the knockback mod like every other server that is functional. all kits had their use and i disagree that any kits were completely underused and obsolete. just look at people like bigboey and liqhts, boey was able to use dirt and metal kit to kill top players at the time and liqhts just made everyone's day a nightmare on water with the stupid firestick. the diamond armor and overall opness of the lootpool is also quite annoying as it makes fights way longer then they should and just begs people to clean up fights, (if someone calls that just a strategy i don't even want to say what i will do) and because kb isn't vanilla and knockback resetting and actual pvp strategies don't exist, fights are incredibly boring and revolve around cps until someone pulls out a bow and throwing tnt. v2 was a magical time in my opinion and even though it did have its flaws, i didn't nearly dislike it as much as this version that i can't even play for more then 10 games a month,

Posted Jan 11, 2021
  4. ur high ngl, if you don't have full prot diamond ur done. maybe thats how it was when v3 launched, but now abilities are dogwater and you aren't going to seriously tell me that someone who can't get to mid will out pvp the sweats that get there in 3 seconds

Posted Jan 11, 2021
  5. Sure I may not have as much experience as you but that doesn't mean my opinion doesn't matter. I have played quite a bit and I would like to think I have a bit more knowledge on the game than the average player. Agroing off spawn has always been the meta even in the old version so I don't understand your logic there. Also I don't see how voicing my opinion makes me a simp for staff?

I actually agree with you here. The Mineplex knockback can be slightly irritating at best and downright frustrating at worst. It renders PvP tactics such as w-tapping and strafing useless. I feel that the people who like vanilla knockback outweighs the people who dislike it and I would like to see it introduced, or at least tested in some games. Sure there are exceptions to the kit meta but if you look at it from a general standpoint rather than singling out individuals who used earth, metal and fire kit you'll see that the majority of the playerbase used ice or air because they were undoubtedly the best. Due to the unbalanced kits, I found the gameplay very frustrating and boring as players would almost never die if they were thrown into the void, ruining the premise of 'sky' wars. Bigboey and liqhts tended to win not because of their kits but because they were simply good at the game. To combat the cleaning issue possibly Mineplex has to introduce a feature where players get 3 seconds of strength after they kill someone? I think that would be a more suitable solution than reducing the quality of the lootpool.

Posted Jan 11, 2021
  6. still high. Bigboey and liqhts being good and using different kits showed that they had potential to be used when they killed top tier players of the time. strength on kill isn't a problem, and in v2 cleaning was prominent but hard as fights didn't last long. kits being better then the other isn't an inherent problem with the game, that can be found anywhere. In Valorant, duelists are generaly better to play because of their killing potential and if you're not a duelist its harder to kill anyone. On hypixel, scout kit is undoutably the best and before that frog kit was. just because some kits are better then the other doesn't mean the game is bad or has to be balanced, in fact it made it more fair BECAUSE everyone was using ice and air, so gameplay isn't that arguably different then it is now just more fun. Agroing off spawn was never a meta in v2 and it was always better to both rush mid and loot there to fight, as either player agroing off spawn was a death sentence to both of them if another good player was in the lobby. besides with ice and air kit agroing at semi mid was just difficult compared to how it is now.

Posted Jan 11, 2021
  7. Hello, Good Sir. It is I, Skywars Teams Win Record Holder (without cheating), and I completely agree with everything you said. Anyways, add me back on discord and this time I will accept it. Thank you, have a good day.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 12, 2021
  8. Its hard in both versions but if you think it was easier in v2 you're capping. Damage based kb in v2 pretty much means u got thwacked by who ever had better gear from mid/enchants. At least now there are some tools to work with + consistent kb so if you're actually that much better you can overcome the gear difference. Though I would agree that initial v3 was better for this purpose.

Posted Jan 13, 2021