• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12056 Players Online
  • 9166 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Glitching

Discussion in 'Turf Wars' started by BootyBudgie, Sep 27, 2018.

?

Should glitching to the opposing team's turf on Turf Wars be a punishable offense?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2018.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A friend and I have been reporting people for abusing a glitch on Turf Wars. Basically, this glitch allows you to go onto the other team's turf without infiltrator kit. We've gotten mods who have told us that this is bannable and mods who have told us that it is not bannable. We've had moderators tell us it falls under Bug Exploiting, quoting, "
    Intentionally abusing a bug or a glitch on the server or in a game that gives you an unfair advantage, or ruins gameplay for other players", which this glitch is doing. Also, infiltrator kit was made so you can go on the other team's turf, so this glitch is still wrong since it's acting a a buyable kit (without the sword, though).

Since we've gotten too many mixed responses from moderators, does anyone else think this should be a bannable or punishable offense?

Posted Sep 27, 2018
    shmiffy likes this.
  2. Hi, Rules Committee member here to give some clarification.

This is not considered punishable or a bug exploit/glitch. While I do agree with you that it can be pretty annoying, there isn't really a "bug" being exploited as players are still pushed back to their side as long as they are on the other team's turf. It's simply a strategy that some players use to be able to shoot players. The Rules Committee has talked about this several times and each time it has been determined that this should not be punishable.

If you continue to hear staff members claim that this is punishable, please take a screenshot or other evidence of it and report it at www.mineplex.com/tickets to be dealt with appropriately.

Since your question has been answered, I'm going to lock this thread.

Lock Thread

Posted Sep 28, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.