• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Glided Supply Drop Not Worth $10

Discussion in 'Clans' started by buhie, Feb 1, 2019.

1. buhie

buhie

Heyo!

I am very frustrated because my brother and I spent $20 on 2 glided supply drops, and got absolute garbage, I feel as, probably a lot people do as well, that this is definitely not worth $10 for basically trash rares. Mineplex should make it so there is a higher chance of getting better loot, and preferably legendaries. If not, then you might as well remove it from the shop. Answer this question; If you buy a 1 hour rune amp you could get tons of runes, maybe even a dub for only $12, but, yet a glided cost $10, and you might get like 5 rares. I know it's possible to get legendaries, but if it's that uncommon, bring the spawn rate up.

Posted Feb 1, 2019
  2. Busjack5

Busjack5

Hello there!
    I'd have to disagree with you. I've purchased multiple Gilded supply drops in the past and I've found that it mostly comes down to chance. I've received multiple good rares etc. It sometimes comes down to someone's definition on a "good rare". I am sorry you feel this way. However, a solution to this problem could be slightly upping the certain about of rares/mounts/tokens you can get from a gilded supply drop.

Posted Feb 1, 2019
  3. FreezaSama

FreezaSama

Very well I have to agree with the Op.

You can buy some nice ranks with 10 dollar. Hell you can buy a LEGEND RANK with 10 dollars. Meaning having a Rank, Joining full server, getting a Shard Boost, Rank Rewards on Carl, Cosmetics and you own Mineplex Private server.
    If you go outside you can can buy with 10 dollars some nice food or stuff
    spending 10 (20!) Dollars and getting usless stuff really is uncool and should taken into consideration to make some changes

I would suggest if you spend 10 dollars you could choose on the web forums what items you want to get.

Just relying on luck what you get might work for someone like our Sr Mod above me but also could for players like the Op lead into waste.

My second suggestion is to lower the price to 2 dollars, if it is cheaper its more likley that many more players buy it rather than having higher costs but less buyers.
    In the end it is ingame and fast and well made money that would be positive in the Mineplex buissness

Now you could just say we wont change anything but in the end keep in mind : When more and more players get unhappy they wont buy stuff anymore or even beeing active, because in the end we are all players, we make the community we are Mineplex and if we are too unhappy we move on the other games and this on the other hand will make the server a bit more emtpy. We want to get Mineplex strong and succesfull

But very well thanks for reading

Posted Feb 1, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 2, 2019
  4. TitchMeThroughThePhone

TitchMeThroughThePhone

Look my point of view on supply drops is that they are pay to win. While they may be technically allowed by the EULA, they are still VERY much a cash-grab. I've seen a few clans where all they do is spam supply drops, doing many when little or no players are on. These clans have dubs of rares, as well as legendarys, and have put in little to no work getting them, making it very unfair for the people who do 100s of events to even get one legend, wasting countless sets. The Boss Tokens aren't as bad, but can still be used when only a few players are on, leading to more pay to win gameplay.

Posted Feb 1, 2019
    FreezaSama and NothinButNet36 like this.
  5. DadosHaveHacks

DadosHaveHacks

Though you have to consider that these players are also supporting Mineplex and Clans, and this support could provide us with more updates in the future. My question is: what is the legendary drop rate of a gilded supply drop?

Posted Feb 1, 2019
  6. Fall

Fall

apparently that's "classified" :eyeroll:

Posted Feb 1, 2019
  7. kznny

kznny

everything in mineplex is classified because they don't wwant custom coders to be all gung ho about how to fix it

Posted Feb 1, 2019
    NothinButNet36 likes this.
  8. TitchMeThroughThePhone

TitchMeThroughThePhone

I feel like mineplex should tell people the drop rates as simply being told you "sometimes" get good things is a bit unfair if you're paying 10 dollars for it.

Posted Feb 1, 2019
    Sam ♡ and FreezaSama like this.
  9. FreezaSama

FreezaSama

Well well I see your point but in first place Players buy Stuff to have something they want( Ranks Chests etc) not just to help Mineplex. But if you want to help Mineplex to get money for updates, feel free to donate some money directly.

It is true the purchases are here to help Mineplex to exist but as a regular player you buy stuff to get what you want

Posted Feb 2, 2019
  10. polaur

polaur

then just dont buy that stuff lol

Posted Feb 2, 2019
    Archertect likes this.
  11. Xion

Xion

The way I see it is that it is your choice on what you purchase with your money. Gilded Supply Drops have a chance of dropping legends; Rune amps do not. Gilded Supply Drops drop high tier rares with the possible Legendary item. So ask yourself the question, "What do I want to spend my money on?" There are plenty of things you can purchase on the shop, and the choice is yours. Clans is not pay-to-win, and I am pretty sure that they will not buff or nerf the Gilded supply drop.
    I myself bought 3 gilded supply drops, one every season it's been out for, and I haven't gotten any legends. I spent the money and they were pretty clear with what drops, so I am not complaining.

Posted Feb 3, 2019
    TronicTonic likes this.
  12. TitchMeThroughThePhone

TitchMeThroughThePhone

Clans is very much pay to win. Although doing a normal amount of supply drops may only give a couple of high tier rares, it is possible to by many supply drops and almost grantee a legend. If you stay up till like mid-night or live in another time zone and spam supply drops when there's three people on there's no competition.

Posted Feb 3, 2019
  13. Xion

Xion

That is not doing anything but getting you high tier rares and legends, if you think that is "winning" so be it. Legendary weapons do not make you invulnerable, they just make killing people easier. If you spent that much money for a full legend set, cool. It doesn't mean you can't lose it.
    Could you explain to me how clans is pay-to-win?
    Getting a lot of rares or legends isn't winning, it is just getting powerful weapons. You can still die with it,
    and better clans can raid you for them.

Posted Feb 3, 2019
  14. TitchMeThroughThePhone

TitchMeThroughThePhone

Alright although you cannot pay money to "win" the game (as there is no winning clans) it is very unfair to gain legends and overpowered rares. Other legit players can grind for weeks only to get one legend, while someone can pay 10$ and instantly get one with no competition. While it is possible to die with legends it gives you a massive advantage for almost no grind.

Posted Feb 5, 2019
  15. DeltaHitaPanosD

DeltaHitaPanosD

Mineplex wants to make money and they don’t care if the loot is good or not. That’s why they won’t decrease the price or increase the possibilities for something actually good.
    I would suggest you not to purchase anything associated with Clans, it is useless. Clans Banners, mounts, rune amps, all these are going to get lost when a reset occurs. It’s like you waste your money.

Posted Feb 9, 2019
  16. Duppy

Duppy

Woah. This is some CS:GO gambling type of crap, with the catch that it's a drop and not given directly to a player. Not revealing the percentages of drops is sketchy and scummy AF. I'm surprised not everyone is mad about that.

I don't see how anybody can defend this practice. Mineplex should reveal the drop percentages ASAP.

Funny how only a moderator defends this. But no, it's unfair because they don't reveal the chances of an item drop. People could spend hundreds trying to get a certain drop, not realizing that it's a 0.05% chance to drop. IMO, a totally scammy and unacceptable practice. It's lying to your consumers and being dishonest. Hell, even a majority of skin gambling sites show drop percentages so the consumer isn't scammed by this obvious cash grab.

It would be better if they revealed what the drop contains, as it's extremely vague "No, its a Gilded Supply Drop! Dropping from the heavens with mysterious loot that no doubt your clan wants! Gilded Supply Drop bring awesome loot that could help your Clan have the edge. Deploy your Supply drop today and discover the wonder inside!". Honestly, if you are going to make a $10 scambox, at least tell the consumer the contents inside of the box.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  17. QuitYourBCLTeam

QuitYourBCLTeam

i just don't agree of the fact that mineplex monetizes clans because it shows they are losing money so they got rid of the fun stuff you could do in the past like collecting flowers and making it into dye. Then out of no where they just decide to make dye boxes instead we now have to pay money to get dyes !!!. there was even a person in the ccd who suggested it to be removed 23 likes but marketing team denied it cause they want to make money they are a business.

in my honest opinion just tell your customers whats inside of it and change or remove your monetize of clans you are already making money from bedrock.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  18. I’ve never personally bought anything, so I cannot interpret what are good deals and what aren’t.

But good luck getting, well... good luck.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  19. FreezaSama

FreezaSama

So thats why they removed the Bones in Surrivial games after you got a kill!
    Very well now it makes all sence, but damm that was fun dying leather armor but even more when like 1 or 2 players fell for it and thinking it was iron :'3

Posted Feb 12, 2019
  20. DeltaHitaPanosD

DeltaHitaPanosD

Totally agree with you man. I dont really play Clans that much because the game is the same again and again.
    Let me tell you all that even if we write our negative opinions about Mineplex monetizing Clans they won’t do anything. They don’t care about our suggestions, something that can be easily understood by them being lazy to reset the game and add new things.

Posted Feb 12, 2019