• 647 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10989 Players Online
  • 10342 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

glads

Discussion in 'Gladiators' started by mab8400, Jul 19, 2021.

1. we cant keep having maps with giant structures/terrain in the middle, it ruins gameplay and forces the game to be played in circles while in the end the player with less health will retreat just camp on the other side. its also strategic to just not fight the entire game and wait for someone to be foolsh enough to jump out while you are holding the bow
    maps need to be spacious enough where people can freely move and fight but still have small barricades (like boulders) to play defensively

remove or heavily decrease the usage of the bow. maximum of 3 arrows per round, so you cannot kill someone entirely in the last round without a sword.. i can't tell you how many times my friends or I have fought battles and the first thing the opponent does is pull the bow. this is not turf wars. this is glads.

please just make it so we can move our freaking hotbar???? who even made the selector thing? it doesn't even save for future games on my account at least, but on alts it works?

usually i gotta just play hypixel duels cause the gameplay is much better in terms of like the maps being flat and the bow isnt nearly as bad of a problem

Posted Jul 19, 2021
  2. We wanna decrease bow damage by half and let people move their hotbar. I have no idea who decided a complicated hotbar editor system that doesn't work was better than just using the vanilla hotbar.

If you could give me a list of maps that have those giant structures/terrain I'll see what I can do about having them removed if they're really that bad for gameplay.

Posted Jul 20, 2021
  3. maps
    alberwood creek (second and third round)
    ethereal caverns (last round)
    caged in (third round)
    under the sea (first second and third round)
    cherry grove (third round, lilpads also are never great for gameplay)
    castaway cove (last round, although I think it was updated and is slightly better)
    also a bit too many cacti in fierce desert, potentially taking a few out would help in my view
    i think the first round on clockwork is a bit too small, but maybe im being picky with that, also the 3rd round tree decos need to relocate or be removed

a huge majority of them have something in the middle (which makes sense for aesthetics) but these ones are probably the worst in terms of gameplay; these are based on my expierence so I can understand if people don't agree. ethereal caverns and under the sea have a very akward "tunnel" that is kinda weird, I think that adds to why I dislike them

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 24, 2021,
    Last edited Aug 6, 2021
  4. anything with slabs should go too please

Posted Jul 25, 2021
    mab8400 likes this.
  5. What exactly do you mean by moving hotbars, as that directly interferes with the vanilla system of pvp. Im not quite sure what you mean by that statement, so it would be great if you could clear things up. Secondly, I do think decreasing bow damage is a good idea, but at the same time the bow should be used as a weapon, and decreasing it to the point where it does little to no damage to force your opponent to retreat can ruin the way the games work, but at the same time this may be a beneficial idea.

Posted Jul 26, 2021
  6. As in, if I decide mid-game I want my sword in slot 5 instead of slot 1, I can just move it to slot 5. I don't have to wait until I'm in a glads lobby again before having to use the hotbar editor that doesn't work half the time. It's a ridiculously contrived system.

Posted Jul 26, 2021
  7. To my own personality, I rather play Gladiators in Main Lobby than actual Gladiators / In Mixed Arcade

Posted Jul 26, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jul 26, 2021