• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Denied Gladiators

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ARareBlackBear, Mar 14, 2019.

?

Add a prize at end of Hobby Mini-game gladiators?

1. YES! (Feedback please!!)

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No! (Please say why)

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARareBlackBear

ARareBlackBear

I think Gladiators should give you XP and gems or shards when you win, I think it would motivate more players to play if there is a prize at the end. What are your thoughts on this?

Posted Mar 14, 2019
  2. xSusieLove

xSusieLove

No, because it can be easily farmed for xp/gems/shards. You could get your friend to play against you and purposely lose, so you can get rewards.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
  3. KerbalBoy

KerbalBoy

Fair enough on both sides. My problem is mainly that hackers always win the gladiators so it would be hard to justify adding rewards

:)

Posted Mar 14, 2019
  4. ARareBlackBear

ARareBlackBear

I see what you mean, but I feel the prize wouldn't be big, but would still give you something for your win.

Well, as I stated above this response the prize wouldn't be huge but it would give players a satisfaction of winning a game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 14, 2019
  5. xUmbreon

xUmbreon

Thread moved to General Idea Discussion

I like where you're going with this, although I'm not sure if I agree, especially with the XP part. If we made it so you could get rewards from Gladiators, the rewards could very easily be farmed. It's especially not good with XP since leveling up is supposed to be challenging. If you're playing with a friend, you could just easily have your friend purposefully lose so you can gain enough XP to start leveling up. The same thing goes for gems and shards. If you want a certain number of gems/shards, you could easily just farm with friends.

Besides, lobby gladiators is supposed to be just for fun, where winning/losing doesn't really have any impact on stats. I think that personally, it's fine where it is. I do like the overall idea that you're trying to suggest, and frankly if it weren't so easy to farm I would be leaning more towards the +1 side. However, due to the current circumstances I'm going to have to disagree.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
  6. Glitz

Glitz

I would probably say no to this. Lobby Gladiators is meant to be like a casual thing to do when you're just hanging out in the lobby. As others have said, this would be an easy way to farm gems/shards/xp for players that hack and you'd be able to be boosted. Would just be too easy to take advantage of.

There isn't really a need to make lobby gladiators give rewards anyways since it's already decently popular and players still play as it is. It's fun and that's the bottomline.

Other than that though, I do think it would be a good idea to possibly make a leaderboard in the lobby for it. Would attract even more players, give recognition to people that play it a lot, and it would just be a fun addition. Those are my thoughts.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    brucebannister likes this.
  7. brucebannister

brucebannister

In its entirety, I don't think this idea should be implemented, though for a different reason than those stated above.

To me, the idea just seems like a catch-22. On one hand, I don't think boosting would be an issue—I doubt they'd be handing out high enough rewards from a lobby minigame to have a significant effect on currency or levels. But this exact reason is why I also think it doesn't work, qt least not in its current state. Why join specifically for a benefit if it's essentially non-existent?

Alternatively, if we make rewards very valuable and implement a system against boosting (e.g. scaling rewards), we would be maybe attracting a player for a game or two, or we would be taking players away from real minigames by allowing for easier stat gaining by doing less work.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    SkarmMines and Glitz like this.
  8. TwoSandals

TwoSandals

[I said no] Due to the fact Mineplex Hub does not have any anti-cheat (Due to seeing lots of people flying) this idea wouldn't work. If Mineplex adds anti-cheat system into there lobbys then yes!

Posted Mar 14, 2019
  9. TeaSpiller

TeaSpiller

Hello!
    I personally do not think this idea should be added for the reasons people have said above, such as being able to abuse it with friends/alts, hackers could use it to easily get kits, and overall it's not a "real" game it's just for the lobby however if this were to be added though I'd say only give 100 gems per win and 50 gems per death. I do really like the idea of adding leader-boards though since that could motive people to play it more.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
  10. Chrris

Chrris

If you want to play Gladiators there's already a game mode like that. The lobby mini-game is meant to just play around without receiving rewards after winning. People could also abuse it to get levels easier with friends letting them win over and over again. I don't see Mineplex implementing this because of the number of downsides and the fact that there's already a game where you can get rewards from winning.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
  11. Nolawn/Shaiym

Nolawn/Shaiym

Yo! I'm going to have to agree with most people here on this one. The main issue here for this is that if we implemented even the smallest amount of rewards like EXP or Gems for the lobby game "Gladiators", I feel like it could easily be abused by anyone. Honestly feel like this would lead to a lot of people getting alts on and just farming rewards with ease, and wouldn't be caught by anyone. Leveling up would be a lot easier and this would encourage others to stay in the lobby and abuse Gladiators instead of playing real public games like Cake Wars or Survival Games. Gladiators (In the Hub) wasn't implemented to become an official game, to me, it's just played to practice and mostly have fun with others or friends in the lobby. If you want rewards for playing Gladiators, then just play the real game in Mixed Arcade, which can be located on the east (On Coords) or the left side of spawn near some of the other NPC's like Draw My Thing and Master Builders. As for Glitz's suggestion, I wouldn't mind some type of leaderboard to be implemented into the Lobby to show off your wins and things. To add on to that, I feel like we shouldn't add a global gladiators leaderboard, but add a separate leaderboard for each lobby. Stats and wins would reset daily, and it would show the most wins in that specific lobby. Anyway, as for the original idea, I'm going to have to give it a no for now as for the reasons above. Have a good day! :)

Posted Mar 14, 2019
  12. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

Having to add the EXP/Gems/Shards in the Lobby Gladiators could easily be abused by farming it all the time. This will defeat the purpose of having to implement in the lobby and it is likely unfair for anyone. The only serious issues is that they most likely to get on their alts, and some potential hackers during the game. I think that Lobby Gladiators is where you try to practice your PvP skills in order to become better at battling in-game in my opinion.

I do agree on what Shaiym said above because he clearly follows up with his answers. I also agree with his ideas of having to add a separate leaderboard for each lobby. If you want to have rewards, you can play an actual game that can be found through the Mixed Arcade. There are plenty of games that you can able to claim your rewards too.

Overall, I am going to have to disagree of having it to implement in the lobby.

Update: I will have to lock this thread as this will not be going to implement the changes.

Thread locked, Ideas denied

Posted Mar 15, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 15, 2019
    Nolawn/Shaiym likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.