• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Gladiators Poll

Discussion in 'Gladiators' started by bloodies, Jan 1, 2019.

?

Do you wish they brought back Glads as an actual game and not an Arcade Game?

1. Yes

73.7%
  2. No

26.3%
  3. What the heck is Glads?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Just recently I wanted to play gladiators but I had to wait through like 10 Mixed Arcade Games to play it, wondering if anyone wishes they could be back playing the OG glads like back a year ago

Posted Jan 1, 2019
  2. Yeah, I do. It was a great game, and it still is now: apart from the hackers.

Posted Jan 1, 2019
  3. Wait, It got removed?
    My my, I remember when I tryharded that game and learned rod combos, I'd love to see it return

Posted Jan 1, 2019
    Jaek and millsmolls like this.
  4. I doubt it would get enough players, so no, but I do think a modified version of it should be implemented. Given that lobby glads already exists,adding another gladiators game would be pointless. I’d like to see lobby gladiators become a lobby-wide game; instead of two players queued in two different lobbies and neither get to play, both queue and are matched up despite the difference of lobbies.

Posted Jan 1, 2019
  5. Like @Pancake_7 said, Gladiators would most likely not get enough players to be able to support it's own server. I wish it could exist as it's own server as I very much enjoy Gladiafors due to the PvP. Overall, I wish ot could return but I just dont think it is possible.

Posted Jan 1, 2019
  6. Gladiators was always a game that did decently on its own i do have to wonder why it lost the NPC

Posted Jan 1, 2019
  7. As several people have mentioned above, it wouldn't really be popular enough. Honestly in my opinion we have loads of variations of Gladiators and plenty of ways to play it. I know and recognize that for the games that were removed - they still had a dedicated communities, however, in most cases they just weren't big enough. It was decided to focus on a set amount of games, and Gladiators just didn't happen to fall into that selection. You can read more about that here, where Strutt explained the changes when they happened.

Firstly, we have lobby gladiators which is fun to play when you want to 1v1 certain people or are bored in a lobby. You also have the option to play it in a MPS with your friends and can create one by doing /mps in-game if you have the Legend rank or above. Another way to play it is in Mixed Arcade, which I understand might become frustrating because of the voting system and having to wait.

A variation of it was added into the Nano rotation recently, and in my opinion it's actually very fun and I enjoy it more then the original. You can increase the chances of it appearing by picking it as one of your favorite games. To do this you have to click the nether star when in spectator mode after finishing a game.

Because there are already quite a few ways to play it I think that adding it back with its own NPC would be a little unnecessary and would make the other versions of it less popular. It's interesting to see what everyone else thinks about though.

Posted Jan 1, 2019
    Evence likes this.
  8. I believe that it will get a huge playerbase again. Especially for them people who like receiving them combos, ;).
    That's true, however I have no friends, and I also have no legend rank, I would love the legend rank to create MPS and such but I cannot afford it, so yeah.

The chances of it coming up do happen, but it doesn't happen frequently enough.
    I as a player believe that there is quite a huge gladiators playerbase.

I do, however see where you are coming from.
    I would like to see it make an appearance again, but is it really necessary, we can still play it, it is just harder to access it.

Posted Jan 1, 2019
  9. I really love the idea of lobby-wide gladiator games!

As for returning the old and stand-alone gladiator game, I disagree with its return unless we see a drastic increase in Mineplex's player base in the future. It simply will not have enough players for it to thrive or even have games running consistently, there was a reason it was removed and to this day I am a bit sad about it. But unfortunately, there's nothing any of us can do!

Posted Jan 1, 2019
    Lila likes this.
  10. I've played gladiators only in nano games and the hub. I do not mind it being just an arcade game. One thing I would love having is a fishing rod in the nano games gladiators.

Posted Jan 28, 2019
  11. I love Gladiators but no one queues for it. I would love to see it back!

Posted Jan 28, 2019
  12. As others have mentioned above, lobby Gladiators already exists, and you can play at the click of a button. Though I wouldn't mind a glads return, Mineplex would have to buff up Gwen because hackers would be a problem.

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  13. I really do think it should be readded. Saying that it wouldn't have enough players is a fair point, but I guess it's not that popular at the moment because of how difficult it is to find an actual game.

Maybe the hype of a game being readded would lead people to playing it and actually seeing how cool of a gamemode it is.

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  14. Hey there!

Fortunately, Gladiators is still a thing on mineplex! Instead of finding it inside a game lobby, you can find it in the mineplex lobby! Although this improved version isn’t the same, Gladiators didn’t fill out much games due to hackers and people not wanting to play because of it! The lobby version fixes this. Have a good day!

Posted Jan 30, 2019
  15. Although Gladiators is one of my favourite Mixed Arcade games, I don't believe it'll be good for Mineplex overall.
    The Gladiators server in Mixed Arcade almost never fills up so there isn't much reason to bring it back as a larger game. I care about what's best for the community, not for myself. I'm not against adding it back as a retro game to test to see if it really deserves an NPC but I don't think it'll do well.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Jan 30, 2019
  16. Might as well just scrap it and it’s hard to see it go. I’ve gathered 1000+ wins when it was alive (and SamitoD exposing it to an audience) and now it gets almost no players at all.

Posted Jan 30, 2019