• 1642 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8498 Players Online
  • 6856 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Gladiators Minigame at spawn for bedrock

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Games' started by akeyfortyseven, Aug 17, 2019.

?

Do you want to have the gladiators minigame at spawn for bedrock?

Poll closed Aug 24, 2019.
  1. Yep, totally

87.5%
  2. No, keep it in mixed arcade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. maybe, given that it doesnt lag up spawn and it has plenty of players

12.5%
  1. Hi! Ive been reading the forums for a while and i just wanted to see if we could squeeze the gladiators minigame into the spawn, maybe just put it right below spawn and have a glass roof above it so people can look down below (if you guys have a better idea on where to put it im game). i find that on java, watching gladiators matches are cool and playing it is so much fun, considering that theyre short and action packed. Also, i found a hacker playing gladiators on java and i reported him and he got banned, so i think hackers could easily get caught when theyre playing this game considering many people could walk right on top of the arena and see someone hacking and thus record and report them.

edit: also you could cue with your friends and edit it so that you only fight people on your platform (win10 vs win10, mobile vs mobile, console vs console)

Posted Aug 17, 2019
    Elluminati and NothinButNet like this.
  2. First they should fix the bugs.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
    akeyfortyseven and NothinButNet like this.
  3. Hey!
    I don't see any flaws in implementing this, but the first thing that popped into my mind was the immense lag. Bedrock lobbies are known to be very laggy, and gladiators would take it to another level. The gladiators would be so laggy, it might not be an enjoyable experience for the players attempting to use it.
    On the other hand, I'm not confident that lag would prevent this from being implemented. It might seem otherwise, but I'm in favor of the idea, so let's hope for the best!

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  4. ive been wondering about the lag, considering one of my friends' ipad couldnt even join mineplex one time even on the lowest settings, maybe making a mandatory texture pack for all players to reduce lag? (also would give everyone a blank skin so small skins wont be at an advantage in some games)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 17, 2019
    NothinButNet likes this.
  5. I'd support the idea of adding the Gladiators lobby game to the Bedrock server as well. I didn't notice just how many players utilize it until recently, but the Java players really enjoy it and there's often games going on and more in the queue. The lobby would need to be redesigned a bit, but I think it could work with a little bit more space added to it. I'm not sure how would affect lag though since it would encourage more players to stay in the lobby instead of going into games. As far as requiring a texture pack to help reduce lag, I don't think that will be effective. Texture packs generally don't affect server lag which is what most players experience and we don't want to make anything mandatory for players to use on our server. We want them to be able to choose what texture pack they want to use because everyone has different preferences.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
    akeyfortyseven and NothinButNet like this.
  6. Ahh lag, the destroyer of gamers, the maker of rage quits!
    It does seem like a tough choice between keeping the players with an old(er) device or making new features, especially on bedrock bc it’s made for phones with old tech. Maybe reduce the amount of clickable npcs (for example: all the rank shops could be in one npc and all the custom maps/texture packs on sale could be kept in one npc) so that some old phone cpus don’t get overloaded, and reduce the amount of random chests within spawn that don’t do anything

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 17, 2019
    NothinButNet likes this.