• 3947 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12385 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Giving Community Members More of a Chance to Contribute

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by _Prof_, Feb 9, 2019.

?

Should there be a policy for staff members to only lock threads after posting?

1. +1

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. -1

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ever wanted to help but then right when you're about to submit your answer, it tells you the thread has been locked or it already was when you came by? These apply to threads where the OP has a concern with a definite answer. Myself, who wants to improve as a community member tries to pounce on every chance to help if I can. About half the time, I don't get to assist because the thread has already been locked. It gets extremely frustrating, knowing you could've contributed but then a staff member just snipes you with a similar or same response. Does this happen to any of you guys? Comment below your experiences and opinion on whether this should be changed or not.

Posted Feb 9, 2019
  2. It's just to prevent Post Boosting. I get the frustration, but when there's a thread like "How do I get my rank on the forums?", since so many people know the answer, they leap on the chance to make a post to get their thread count up.

If you really want to help out the community, don't comment on threads like those. They'll inevitably receive a response anyway. Stick around the Help section, or engage with threads that provoke discussion. Answering threads like the one I mentioned earlier won't really make you look like you're trying to be helpful; it'll make you look like you're trying too hard.

Posted Feb 9, 2019
    Nightcat, hazeae24 and P_U_R_P_L_E like this.
  3. Dutty's correct that we lock threads to prevent post boosting most of the time. Aside from people just trying to get more posts, it's silly in my opinion for five people to give the same answers to a question that has already been answered. Why does it need to be answered multiple times by different people? There are some instances where the original person responding doesn't give all of the details needed, but that's why, as staff members, we are supposed to provide as much detail as possible when locking the thread. That usually weeds out any information that was left out originally and most staff members will respond that if the player has any more questions, they can private message them. I don't really see any reasons we shouldn't continue to lock threads when questions have been sufficiently answered.

Posted Feb 9, 2019
    Nightcat, hazeae24 and Dutty like this.
  4. It’s cool how it is.

First of all, if a question has been answered it does not need another response. The thread is locked to prevent post boosting (which, in all honesty, hardly is punished for), and that’s that. You aren’t helping if you’re going to respond with the same answer, rather, you’re posting a useless response, wasting three seconds of your life, and giving the OP an unneeded notification.

Posted Feb 9, 2019
  5. Yes, if there is someone who has already answered the question thoroughly, there is no need for multiple responses. I would lock this thread myself if I could because multiple people have already responded the same answer, and future answers will likely say the same thing. This is a scenario where someone would lock the thread.

Posted Feb 9, 2019
  6. This thread has become meta.

Posted Feb 9, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  7. Hello!

As previously stated by Dutty and H2O, we lock these threads to prevent post boosting since the reiteration of the information is redundant. I do agree with Dutty's advice though, in that you should focus on helping others outside of the Help section and in other areas of the forums.
    Helping Mineplex can be done anywhere, not just the Help Section. Helping comes in many forms. Contributing to discussion, talking on discord, or simply saying hello to players in our lobby can help Mineplex become a more positive and friendly place to be. Do your best to find the way that you can help others the best.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding your idea feel free to PM me or another member of Community Management

Thread Locked - Idea Denied
    Idea violates Mineplex Forum Rules: Post Boosting

Posted Feb 10, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.