• 171 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3103 Players Online
  • 2932 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Giving a new purpose to Polls

Discussion in 'Website Ideas' started by Dwasserd, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Hey hello,

I think that in terms of being able to collect a lot of feedback really quickly for the server it would be amazing if Polls could be created on the website, without adding a comments/reaction section. This will allow for the most unbiased and uninfluenced opinions to be collected for certain things. I think this would be a great way to collect simple feedback if certain ideas would be loved by the community without needing to process the feedback provided in the comments section and will be an efficient way to do so.
    Personally, this would be one of the biggest ways to collect feedback for the GI subteam for example, which would be widely beneficial when trying to gauge what is liked and what isn't liked.

That's my suggestion :>

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  2. thats a good idea just to get an idea of what people wanted without comments longer then the bible

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    Paladise and Jet Starglaze like this.
  3. Not saying comments are a bad thing because they aren't, but they can lead to a herd mentality which is essentially what we want to avoid happening. By hiding the comments and who voted what, players will have to make their own informed decision, be it based on experience or a lack of experience.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2021
  4. i think we should make a poll fully supporting electing myself as god king of mineplex

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    primitlve and anthxny like this.
  5. Hmmmmm I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm not quite sure if it's going to be as beneficial as you think it will be. We already have polls on our Discord server for more casual things. If Leadership is seriously looking into the player base influencing their development schedule, they've done polls before through Carl the Creeper. In-game polls are best because we're absolutely positive we're getting a representative sample of our playerbase. Both polls through Discord or the forums are going to be biased towards players that actually took the time to sign up for either platform. In-game can grab casual players, hardcore players, and everyone in-between. Discord polls are often to give feedback to volunteer staff members to inform their internal discussions that may eventually reach Leadership, but it's not guaranteed. I think our current system of using Discord for casual polls and in-game for serious polls works just fine.

Posted Apr 21, 2021
  6. Are community members allowed to gather feedback through in-game polls? Because that would be absolutely smashing.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 21, 2021
    Paladise likes this.