• 970 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11134 Players Online
  • 10164 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Giant list of changes I would like to see in death tag

Discussion in 'Death Tag' started by SoulGhoul, Jul 6, 2020.

1. I will explain changes I would like in both maps and overall gameplay. I will also explain annoying glitches.

1: Map changes.

Village. There are 2 very annoying camping spots. On top of a giant building. And on a big tree.

Wild west: Not anything needed.

Trial k04: this map is way to small considering how little parkour there is.

Colorido: No changes needed

Pirates harbor: CAMPERRRRS!!! ARG. Yeah. There are very overpowerd camping spots. On the 2 boats

Lost jungle: No changes needed.

Boscage: No changes needed

Bedroom: No changes needed

Bathroom: there is a lot less parkour compared to other maps.

Mansion: I feel like this map has too little parkour. And you are constantly running around in a circle.

Ditch bow boosting. Its SOOOOOOO annoying. Iyaseina always wins because he is a bow boosting expert.

Too much fall damage: I feel like the amount of fall damage you take is way to much. If someone hits you off trial K04 or bedroom. Your dead

Revamp basher kit: the basher kit sucks. There may be a few situations where it's good. But is overral sucks. And new players have a low change of winning

I would love new kits..

Glitches

When you get hit there; If you get hit on a slab of a stair, your characters teleports back, and it immediately makes you die.

The falling glitch: around 1 out of 100 times you jump to parkour you will just fall. You will take no fall damage but it can still get you killed

The no jumping glitch. 1 in every I'd say 50 round every time you jump you get glitched and teleported back.

The countdown door: Every time the round starts for 10 seconds nobody can open a door. So if there is someone who picked to be an auto chaser then they can kill you and it's very hard to escape.

This is all opinion. Please Express your thoughts below

Posted Jul 6, 2020
    zytrus, jis, Mr.Cardyceps and 2 others like this.
  2. The plan is to make the ship with the white sails less campy by separating the sails into 2-3 sections and only allowing people to get onto the very first section of the sail (so the bit you initially jump onto from the fence on the deck). This should make this ship easier to deal with since then you won't have people camping all the way at the very top of that sail.

We have nothing planned for the ship with the black sails, but if people think that it needs to be addressed as well, then we can do so.

There is a rework planned for this map due to all of the gameplay being at the top of the map, leaving no good spots for players to hide in.

Both of these issues, and a few others, will most likely be fixed in the next month or two.

Posted Jul 6, 2020
    ItsFree and Klobby like this.
  3. bruh. i do. and i am MAD.

Posted Jul 6, 2020
  4. there. its gone XD. i posted that cause i have ocd

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 6, 2020
  5. Hey! I liked a lot of what you said. What stuck out to me was the bit about the Mansion map. Maybe I haven't played Death Tag enough, but it seems as there are a limited number of spots for players to hide and parkour to to get away from chasers. Thank you for your suggestions!

Posted Jul 6, 2020
  6. Actually camping on the white sail was much less of an issue a few years back because the second part of the white sail, at the back, never used to be accessible(unless your broke the slab with your hand and timed the jump: however mineplex has fixed this cause you can't break anything anymore). Even the top of the white ship could not be accessed due to the void.

On that note, can we please have void back. So many maps used to have nice voids that made the traitor kit experience really fun. You could hit people into the void, once in a blue moon(void's were very high(the sole exception of the water barrel on wild west which was 5 blocks beneath the void)), and it felt so rewarding to kill people that way.

Don't remove fall damage though, it would make traitor kit completely useless.

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  7. I dont want fall damage removed. I want it to be less damaging.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 7, 2020
  8. Still makes traitor kit kinda meh and lame

Posted Jul 7, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 9, 2020
  9. Also remove bow boosting

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  10. Bow boosting is simply skill and should not be removed as it is a skill earned through playing, more of this, archer kit is weak and bow boosting makes the kit viable.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  11. I've been playing the same game for 5-6 years and archer kit is definitely viable without bow boosting. If you play death tag a lot you know there's a good camping spot on virtually every map. Already it's hard to get these campers, having to swarm with around 3 other chaser to get a camper with decent aim. Bow boosting just makes this worse. Instead of a chaser being able to harvest the fruits of their labour after finally getting to the camper, the camper simply bow boosts to a different location(most of the time these bow boosts allow them to cross 5-15 block jumps which are obviously impossible to follow on - the chaser is forced to take the long route where jumps are actually doable and by that time enough time has been bought for the archer to set up on a new camp spot, and the cycle repeats). This makes it a nightmarishly boring game for chasers and makes surviving as the other runner aka doing fair jumps and jukes to escape chasers almost impossible because when you see a camper you go "Damn not gonna waste my time on this guy, better just end the game killing the other guy running on the floor with 5 chasers on him already!" This Is made even worse if the archer is a mass teamer. Practically guaranteed win every round. DeathTag players will know how henrikberg pulled off #1 leaderboard weekly wins by camping and teaming.

As for "skill", I was able to almost perfect this technique after 2 days. Reliably bow boosting and double bow boosting became a breeze and I was able to even do triple bow boosts sometimes!

Posted Jul 9, 2020
    STARWARSROCKS22 and Craftik_YT like this.
  12. i agree with what tavleen said.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 14, 2020
  13. I also agree with what Tavleen said :)

Posted Jul 14, 2020
  14. I discuss both teaming and bow boosting in detail in my latest post if you guys wanna check it out :)

Posted Jul 14, 2020
    dollbo<3 likes this.
  15. if you know how to, theres ways to get past this (building jump is possible without the tree and if you move around it’s hard to shoot you and you can jump from the pyramid building to the big tree and kill them)

this is planned to be revamped

i agree these needs to be removed because there’s people who get thousands of wins just by sitting on top and dancing with their dead friends while watching the people trying to get up fall when they shoot them

i agree with mansion but not bathroom. mansion has so little parkour that it’s mainly just hills and jumping out of windows. bathroom has quite a lot of parkour if you know where to find it, and there’s enough to outrun people

i agree with this, although i do it. there’s people who just bow boost between two spots so they are basically impossible to kill unless you surround them with 10 chasers who won’t just let them run by accident

on trial, you don’t die instantly, you have about two hearts left. on bedroom, there’s only one spot i know of which you die on fall. the chicken painting. the fix? don’t go up there when your enemies are up there.

Revamp basher kit: the basher kit sucks. There may be a few situations where it's good. But is overral sucks. And new players have a low change of winning[/QUOTE]
    basher is a good kit, you just don’t know how to use it. you’re supposed to use it to slow chasers down, not kill them before they kill you (unless they’re afk which is just a free kill)

this is annoying but won’t get fixed for a long time. there’s no gwen developers to fix it

as i said before, no gwen developers to fix this

yet again...no developers to fix this. however if you sneak after landing you don’t lag back. although you can’t exactly run away, i’d say this is the exception to being allowed to camp.

if you can’t get away without going in buildings for 10 seconds then you might as well not run. if there’s a chaser, literally just run and when the timers gone, open a door. it’s not that hard. also the only map where you’re trapped in the first 10 seconds is wild west, but if there’s a chaser outside you can stand on top of the door and when it opens, run.[/QUOTE]

sorry if this looks messy i wrote this on my phone 10 minutes after waking up

Posted Jul 14, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 14, 2020
  16. bow boosting takes skill..but it's not part of the game. It's a glitch that many people in the dt community hates. People will target you because of it.

Posted Jul 29, 2020