• 120 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2891 Players Online
  • 2771 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

GI - The Bridges Update Proposal

Discussion in 'The Bridges' started by Dwasserd, Apr 14, 2021.

?

Overall, would you support this first version of the proposed update going live?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. And you notice how most people FROM the bridges community don't support this? At this point why not just add "Remove zerk" as ur trying to make the kit unplayable lol

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  2. Amazing thread you got here, I really love it! :D

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  3. if u played more then 72 total games you would know that even double nerfed appler is a pain to deal with. If the appler hits you it will glitch you into blocks if your running and they can just ghost you. At that point with a zerk trying to catch an appler all they had to do is hit the zerk once with an apple and it makes the leap pointless know what your talking about before you say it take the feed back from the bridges community not random cake wars and sky wars players or some super paintball and speed builders players we actually play bridges regularyly this will affect our whole game mode

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  4. I again have to agree with my Romanian Friend.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  5. So far the only feedback I have received is from the players who actually comment on things, and the Bridges players who tell me I'm not asking anybody FROM the bridges community. There is a reason why I made this post within the Bridges sub-section. I want and need feedback from within the community. These ideas on the doc were not made by me specifically. I simply went around and joined ongoing Bridges games to ask players for their thoughts. I can't stress enough that this is simply the first version to see who likes or dislikes what and for what reason. Saying it's bad because I play Cake Wars contributes absolutely nothing to this document and will not help me accommodate your wishes within the doc.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 16, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  6. Infinite Leaps should be added again

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  7. Must agree with my Balkaneese friend

Posted Apr 16, 2021
    neon. likes this.
  8. You have to understand that I have absolutely no influence on the staff-player interaction as it is simply not my place. I can only gather public feedback and shape a doc to the wishes of the majority of the Bridges community. I understand that change isn't welcomed by most, as this is the case for anything, but I want to know why certain things aren't wanted and what things are not functioning properly within the game. From that point, we can move forward and work on a genuine update.

OP OP
    Paladise likes this.
  9. I really appreicate your support!!

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  10. That's exactly what they're trying to achieve, clearing out the toxic pub BR lobbies filled up with bhoppers, closeters, skybasers, etc. to make the game more enjoyable for the other players that try to play the game, but what they don't understand is that these cheaters are the only ones left actually playing pub BR, furthermore this update will be the death of the game itself. It's just a dead-end.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  11. Berserker will not be unplayable, but removing this future will give even more power to sky bases than they already have.

The border is pretty much essential at this point, and perhaps a server-wide poll (like in game) would help decide some changes.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  12. THE SERVER WIDE POLL IS A GREAT IDEA thank you so much

OP OP
    Paladise and jis like this.
  13. Destructor is the ACHEIVEMENT kit, it should be unique lol. That’s all that I have to/should have to say about that.

Bomber kit can be used to troll people, and it makes the game a lot more campy and slow when you can blow up bridges with it (which seems to be what you’re trying to avoid vis-a-vis some of these changes)

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  14. But the downsides you mention for bomber being able to blow up bridges are the exact same downsides for the Destructor kit.

OP OP
    Paladise likes this.
  15. Yeah honestly agreed here, a lot of things in this update are unnecessary/won’t change anything/will hurt the game.

/Surface
    Border after 10 minutes of PvP (20 minutes of total game time)
    Healer Kit/Any new kit
    Tiers BUT WITH HIGHER LEVELS
    (The majority of active BR players have far more than 100 wins & 500 kills, so it’s useless for us).

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  16. The difference is that Destructor kit is far less commonplace, and people can’t just hop on alts that have it to team kill. Besides, as the ACHIEVEMENT kit that takes literal DAYS to get, blowing up the bridges is not usually a problem as nobody has this kit except for a few people.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
    Dwasserd likes this.
  17. mMM that's definitely a fair point. But if the blowing up of bridges is that much of an issue, do you think this feature should be removed from the Achievement kit as well, or do you think it's not an issue as a result of it being an Achievement kit?

OP OP
    Paladise likes this.
  18. Hey!

Overall, the genuine idea of an update is a good thing because this game really lacks updates.

Apple kit would be just maybe too powerful with the knockback and range being changed to 25%. As someone already quoted above, people that click 10cps will dominate the game with this kit, and it will be unplayable against them.

Berserker kit not gaining leaps from arrow shots is an insane implementation that shouldn't be even thought about. As already @jis said up there, people that use skybasing strategies are gonna enjoy too much with this addition, and I don't recall skybasing being the main idea of The Bridges. Them trying to leap back up after getting shot down or destructed whatsoever will drain their leaps to the point where it will make the skybasers unapproachable if they can't shoot them to get more leaps... This can just be connected with the fact that the winning team will be the one that has more players, skybasers will probably be the ones holding that advantage. In conclusion, them being unapproachable and the attackers being outnumbered will just result in games lasting for more than 30 minutes, and game-stalling will be a thing again. Extending the leap cooldown could be a better alternative maybe, but keeping the same way of them being collected should be a must.

Brawler kit is what I'm most excited about because the creativity really shows. I think that if this comes alive, brawler will be the kit that everyone will be using. The only thing I'd criticize on this one is that the additional 2 heart points really aren't necessary, the rampage change from 4 to 3 itself with the speed and regeneration + a diamond sword at the start should be enough.

The bomber kit itself is completely fine right now, the only thing I thought was good about this kit is the automatic pick-up of the ores/diamonds that are bombed. That way it will be less laggy and there will be less chance of the diamonds being picked up by someone else, although I believe that was already secured earlier. The decrease of the damage isn't quite a good idea because the bomber achievement itself is pretty hard to get now as it already is.

Healer kit. Ohh boy this one's really interesting and really creative I must say. I can also see that being a part of such a game because indeed what makes bridges is the teamwork and the team fights, so this kinda fits in perfectly. On the contrary, though, this kit will make mushroom stews a really weird thing kinda. I think the stews itself fit the game mode the best and I don't know if it's really something that bridges currently needs. I feel neutral on this one.

What I definitely would like to thank you for is the recommendation of /surface. People used to leave the game and rejoin just to be spawned up there(it's one of the ways of how I grinded my deaths). This implementation would definitely make a big change for the mining part and massively impact the mining experience for players. This is also one reason why the disconnecting thing shouldn't be implemented, /surface is the reason people won't be disconnecting anymore unless they really get kicked out by lag or anything alike, so I think that taking one life away for a lag disconnect isn't the way to go.

Again, as it's been said up there, a lava flowing system would make players surround themselves with it making them unapproachable, and as it's already known that water cannot be picked up with buckets on a lot of maps, furthermore this would make it kinda a bad idea...

Everything else I think is on point!

Thanks for a thread like this, I seriously couldn't wait for a Bridges idea to be brought up, and you really did an amazing job. Although I criticized it a lot, I think it should be implemented fully as you thought of it being implemented, and throughout the month you should be getting feedback from the players if they like it or not. Usually, people just take some time to adjust to the changes. Thanks a lot!:)

Posted Apr 16, 2021
    AllisonTheHero, jis and neon. like this.
  19. I think Destructor should be able to blow them up, while Bomber cannot. In other words don’t change this feature.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  20. Also the changes to Brawler seem like they’d be interesting as well... so +1 to that lol

Posted Apr 16, 2021