• 440 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6565 Players Online
  • 6125 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

GI - The Bridges Update Proposal

Discussion in 'The Bridges' started by Dwasserd, Apr 14, 2021.

?

Overall, would you support this first version of the proposed update going live?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lmfao u can say goodbye to 95% of the active br player base if you do this update the games already dying good way to kill it more should require to have 150+ wins to actually vote on this people with 11 wins that havent touched bridges since 2018 are voting yes 'cause they think its a good idea'

Posted Apr 15, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 2, 2021
    Q1J and vvvvvvvp like this.
  2. the healer kit, brawler kit, and the increased kb of apples are the only bad things in the proposal. I do agree that appler needs to be more balanced after a double nerf but I think a 10% increase of kb instead of 25% would be better but that's my own opinion. I think brawler should stay the same, there is no reason for it to have a passive. I don't think you should try to completely add a new kit to the meta of bridges can make the game die out as you can just stack so many healers in big parties in pub games. there is a support kit for bridges which being miner. those are just minor tweaks but I think the proposals are for the better and make the game more fluid for new and old players.

Posted Apr 15, 2021
    Dwasserd likes this.
  3. Overall +1 but a couple thing i disagree with:
    No point in doing this.
    2 extra hearts is good enough. This would be OP.
    I think that cooldown is too short. Around 90 seconds would be better imo

Posted Apr 15, 2021
    Dwasserd likes this.
  4. I don't like the brawler changes, you'd have balkan bhoppers go brawler just for the 4 seconds of speed so they go on a rampage on Randoms

Posted Apr 15, 2021
    qdf and jis like this.
  5. Bridges is fine the way it is, no need for these unnecessary updates

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  6. After collecting lots of feedback all three of those points were addressed. The Brawler changes themselves will be made as a result of a new kb system being introduced. Hopefully the new KB changes will allow for a more consistent form of kb within the game. The kit itself needs changes though. Some consider it way too strong whereas others point out that the Brawler kit will be completely useless, as it will only have the perk of having 2 extra hearts for the majority of a fight. On top of that speed I is viewed as a weak reward when getting a final kill on someone by most.

The reconnecting thing will probably get a similar implementation to the one used in UHC. If you reconnect/relog, you will respawn in the same position, with the same gear and the same health and saturation. We feel like this will be better and counter the bugs that can currently be abused by said feature.

The Healer kit overall requires much more sophistication, but all-in-all was a simple concept to see if it would be well-liked by the community. The actual details of the kit can be worked out more later on.

Thank you so much for your feedback

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 16, 2021
  7. Hopefully, with the new update, moderation and the Anti-Cheat will perform better in the pub scene. That being said, if bhoppers are an issue they could simply use the speed function within their client, rendering the brawler kit obsolete to them. Do you still think it would be a bad suggestion for the brawler kit used by general players within the community?

OP OP
  8. The healing abilities will not stack. In other words, having 3 healers will still only provide them with res II for 5 seconds. This is the equivalent of eating a soup (and a little more) but it already requires healers to charge it up and not partake in any form of combat for 3 seconds. Obviously, the nuances still need to be worked out properly, but having more than 1 healer wouldn't necessarily be advantageous. On top of that, kits like bomber will now have a new purpose as they can toss a TNT in the middle of the healing ring, forcing players to leave. A destructor's seismic charge could poison the entire group and allow for crowd control. This entire proposal was mainly to gauge how well-liked the new changes were, but the Healer kit will require tweaking as it's a completely new kit.

Regarding the Appler tweaks, I think we can test out the kb before we would actually implement these changes. Worst-case scenario, the kb is either too much or too little still and we can have a post-patch to correct it and find the sweet spot.

OP OP
  9. I agree

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  10. Hey, so the Appler buff will not lead to the point you can't hit anybody. After the double nerf it received last year it doesn't deal any damage nor kb to players. By giving it back some extra kb it can push players away, yes, but the idea they become untouchable is just not true. For one hit registering requires a short cooldown as it is, meaning that simply spamming the apples won't result in the kb-stacking you imagine it would. Combatting skybasers has several different ways of dealing with it, the berserker nerf is being introduced to encourage PvP, which will hopefully speed up the flow of the game. The main reason for this nerf is to further deteriorate the already overpowered kit. Even with this nerf, the kit will remain uncontested. This nerf will also prohibit berserkers from pulling out a 60-minute game, which would appear to be healthy for the game. I will admit the knockback and damage removals on the Brawler kit are sub-optimal. Due to the new kb mechanics being introduced, we are steering clear from any form of kb modifications. This will allow a more consistent kb-system hopefully. The bomber achievement is not getting a damage reduction. The max damage rate will still exist, the range at which it can deal this damage is simply being decreased, as players can tank a massive 7+ hearts of damage by standing quite a distance away from the tnt. Advocating that a 1v5 situation should be favored to the person who is the last-man-standing doesn't make sense to me. The team of 5 clearly played it well and better than the remaining teams and the team of 1 lost its teammates by not playing it well or simply being outperformed. Lava flow mechanics is something that Bridges players approached me about to be reintroduced, if a problem arises the change can simply be reverted. A simple and concise chat message is convenient and will not result in any more lag than the smelting of iron ore would. I agree that nobody winning at the end is dumb and should be fixed. Right now players are robbed of all their in-game rewards after wasting 60 minutes to fight whoever is running away. We also want to figure out if some form of end-game can be introduced to the game, but we'll hold off on proposing that one on the first doc, as it will require a LOT of feedback from the community.

OP OP
  11. At first I saw the removal of being able to disconnect and return to the surface and was disappointed, but I’m really appreciative of the /sur command! This will definitely improve the quality of life of The Bridges, as well as the Tiebreaker changes.

IF NOTHING ELSE FROM THIS IS ADDED, THESE ARE MANDATORY.

One thing that should be added instead alongside a Tiebreaker solution: A border that slowly creeps in, like many other games such as CW & SG, to prohibit Skybasers from stalling out the game by camping in the Void. This would certainly help people who dislike playing voidmaps (such as myself) for this very reason.

Berserker Bow-Leap Change:

Apple Saturation:
    +1

Healer Kit:
    +1

Losing a live on disconnecting:
    Meh, I think this isn’t necessary now that there is /surface, and people won’t disconnect except due to lag. -1

Bridges can be bombed again:
    BIG -1 (this ruins the game)

Blocks placed in Bomber inventories
    Long Overdue +1

Overall
    Massive +1!!

Edit: I’ve got 750 wins in this game and think that the opinions of those who play a lot should be heavily considered more so than those who are not as active in this specific game. It would be like me trying to change Block Hunt, a game that I’ve rarely played.

Thanks for asking the community first :D

Posted Apr 16, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 16, 2021
    Dwasserd likes this.
  12. Unfortunately, the way to nerf Zerk is not this. Using arrows on skybasers to get leaps is the only way to counter them. Alternatively, if a border similar to CW/SG was added (after something like halfway through the game/20 minutes into PvP) it would be a viable change.

Edit: Nobody plays Berserker to camp and arrow-spam for leaps. If you asked players who have played the game more, you would realize that this change will only hurt the overall game. Those who play Berserker due so to CHASE people, not RUN away.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
    Loies likes this.
  13. couldn't agree more

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  14. Overall I genuinely believe bridges is in desperate need of an update and like a lot of the ideas displayed. I just have a few critiques from reading that are based off my opinion.
    Bersker: Remove snowballs adding to leap charges aswell ( They don’t register as a hit for kb but they do recharge leaps)

Brawler: more of a personal opinion rather than anything but the kb and damage buffs are more fitting because the 12 hearts with speed and regen upon a kill even furthers the usefulness of “brawler base” which is brawlers in a cave that do a ton of damage. Although if a border is implemented it would really just make brawler basing into doming. Speaking of which the border if implemented should be big enough to not allow doming. Without a border, it would make the brawler basing even more op with the regen.

Bomber: Shouldn’t be able to break bridges because if that’s the case outside of the trouble of team trolling it’s had in the past. If a border is not in place it could create a bomber archer meta where all bridges being destroyed where the game turns more into cakewars.

Don’t reintroduce lava flow because a) it’s only able to be picked up on one map volcanic islands b) the lava damage is that of skywars and the only reason it’s not terrible in skywars right now is because you can pearl out which you can not in bridges. Theoretically you could leap out but it’s only limited to 1 kit.

Maybe reduce the cap length of the game from an hour to 30 mins? 40? Something not an hour?

Posted Apr 16, 2021
    jis likes this.
  15. Hey man, to be fair we have similar experiences within the game. Just provide me with feedback on how to improve the doc and we can move forward from there. That's all we're trying to do here; create an update that will make lots of players happy :D

OP OP
    Paladise likes this.
  16. Ayo thank you a lot for the feedback you have provided. The losing a life when disconnecting will be changed accordingly, as after reflecting on it didn't seem like a nice feature for those with bad internet. We will look and see how the community feels about adding such an end-game mechanic and if they do like it, this will probably be added :p
    I did have a question regarding the bridges being bombed again. I was wondering as to why it ruins the game when Bomber can break the bridges again, but it's great and unique that Destructor can break an even larger section of the bridges?

Thank you for all the concise feedback and hopefully, the next update is something we all can appreciate!

OP OP
    Paladise and jis like this.
  17. I didn't know snowballs charged leaps so I will look into that.
    Regarding the Brawler kit, a lot of controversial feedback has emerged so we will probably redesign the brawler kit a couple of times and poll which version is most liked.

Again the same issue arises as to why Bomber shouldn't be allowed to break Bridges but the Destructor should and while doing so break a larger area too. We will definitely ask around for that :3

The lava flow was a community request and didn't seem like it would be that harmful, but I will see if that feature is generally disliked. If it is, it will be removed from the doc.

And an end-game mechanic might be introduced, especially seeing how many players are mentioning that it would be a good idea to add. We will see what works the best

Thank you so much for your feedback

OP OP
    Paladise likes this.
  18. Adding such a border is definitely something we want to work towards or some form of end-game mechanism to draw the game to a close. Could you elaborate on how removing this feature would hurt the overall game and do you think that Berserker will be unplayable after nerf like this one.

OP OP
    Paladise and jis like this.
  19. "The team of 5 played it better" do you know many games ive played I have over 1k wins and I can almost guarantee half of those games atleast 5-6 people leave or try to dodge a lobby wether its against me or another player. I have played games where a team of 5-6 people are left alive and none of them have a single kill but I have over 10 and they are going to win because they sat in a base afk? Honestly play the game for more then a week and ill start liking your changes as it is right know your just going to make skybasing the new meta. The only thing that should be updated to counter act game stalling is having a border that starts to close in at say 10 minutes to counter act a skybase or teleport everyone into mid to fight. Well what about destructor to counter act bases? Its an achievement kit and with how sweaty the lobbies are now I doubt a lot of new people will be able to get it the The Kill players with bomber should be removed as its hard to even get 5 active players in a game. Also running away as a zerk will not stall the game for that long as at some point you will run out of blocks. Why the game lasts that long is because of sky bases not more then 3 days ive had 2 games stall out. You wanna know why they stalled out? 5 Archers Sitting in a Sky Base with only one of them having a kill. Only one had a kill while I had 9 and my teamate had 4 but we couldnt counter act the base because they sat their for a whole 60 minutes but your saying a zerk stalls it out? Give me proof of one decent game that a zerk stalls out the whole 60 minutes and not actually a team of sky basers or a zerk winning a clutch. They limited the leaps to 8 for a reason if you want to fix the game stalling put in borders that close in and I can almost guarantee that the game wont last nearly that long. Also fix your dumb xp I got only 2k for spending 40 Minutes Killing 12 people. Yeah 2k for 40 minutes worth of killing 3 people every 10 minutes.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  20. Yes Im a miner and zerk main and 50% of the time I am either runnning after a team of 3 people who are just running from me because I can actually play the game and kill them vs them chasing me. I use the leaps to catch up and I need arrows to make sure my leaps dont go wasted or I can gain more. The other 50% of the time is either me being chased by bhoppers or a team of cheaters. Beserker is fine as it is if you had hundereds of hours played of bridges such as my self you would be able to see that it isnt the real game mode but really the cheaters and the staff presence. With about 80 Days played ive experienced one staff member banning closet cheaters when I ask them. And it wasnt even in bridges it was in sky wars. The thing you should be working on is the interaction between staff and the community. I mainly experience fighting cheaters not actual things you are adressing in this. The only time I have seen you on bridges is with a massive party of 6+ players if you were to actually fight a 1v1 or a 1v2 or 1v3 which is very common you would see the problem with cheaters. The only thing in this update that should actually be put in the game is a /surface command and borders that close into the prevent people from running. If your problem is with people running have them all teleported to mid and have it so they cant run to another island so they have to fight at mid or on a bridge.

I also agree with the taking away damage taken by water and etc as I have 57k Damage taken in Pvp and about 400k taken outside of pvp which is mainly from water damage as it is pretty annoying. I have almost 400k damage dealth so about 1/4 of the damage taken is compared to what I have dealt but my KD is so low cause of the problem with cheater's and stupid stuff like gravel knocking me into water before Bridges drop.

You can almost guarantee if this update goes live with all these changes players with hundreds of hours will leave Mineplex I will most likely be one of them.

Posted Apr 16, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 2, 2021
    jis likes this.