• 443 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6145 Players Online
  • 5702 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

GI - The Bridges Update Proposal

Discussion in 'The Bridges' started by Dwasserd, Apr 14, 2021.

?

Overall, would you support this first version of the proposed update going live?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. [​IMG]

Hello Applers, Zerks, Miners and all other types of players. Today I am proud to present our new and improved thoughts and ideas for the next The Bridges update. This update thread will contain the suggestions for both the Kit changes and the Gameplay changes for The Bridges. We refrained from mentioning the Miscellaneous Issues, but if you wish to see them you can simply click here. This document contains all the provided kit and gameplay descriptions below + the Miscellaneous Issues which will be addressed.

Kits:

Appler kit

- Increase the knockback dealt by Throwing Apples by 25%

- Increase the current range of Apple Thrower by 25%

- Apple new passive: Farmer’s Delight: Applers now get permanent saturation so that they never have to eat.

Berserker kit

- Berserkers will no longer get charge for their leaps off of arrows.

Brawler kit

- Remove all damage and knockback perks from Brawler.

- Brawlers now have 12 permanent hearts instead of 10.

- Brawler new passive: Swift Recovery: After every kill, brawlers get speed I and regeneration I for 4 seconds.

Bomber kit

- Decrease damage dealt by TNT to players who are further away.

- Bridges can be bombed again

- Ores and blocks blown up automatically get put into the bomber's inventory rather than dropped to the ground.

New kit: Healer kit

- Inspire Ability: Hold down right-click on an axe or a sword for 3 seconds (creates a sound to show the ring is charging) to start a healing ring that reaches 7 blocks around the player. Teammates inside the ring will get regeneration 2 for 5 seconds (regeneration stops once player leaves the ring). The ring will share the same color as their team color and will show that they are healing the others. The healer will have weakness the entire time of healing. Inspire lasts 5 seconds, cooldown of 35 seconds.

Gameplay Changes:

- Change the knockback system to match Skywars, Cakewars and UHC. This will change projectile knockback and melee knockback.

- Add a chat message 30 seconds before bridges drop that indicate they are about to fall alongside a note block sound.

- Reintroduce lava flowing mechanics.

- Disconnecting will now lead a player to use one of their lives pre-bridge spawn.

- Reduce Rampage from 4 to 3 kills.

- New Tiered Achievement: Bridge Champion: Win games of bridges; 5 → 10 → 25 → 50 → 100 overall bridges wins.

- New Tiered Achievement: Supreme Swoop: Kill players in bridges; 25 → 50 → 100 → 250 → 500 overall kills.

- New Game Mechanic: Surface: Players can type /surface or /sur in order to get teleported back up to the top. Players will be teleported back to spawn data points. CAN ONLY BE USED PRE-BRIDGES.

- Change from no one winning at the end of the game to the team with the most players alive getting the win

- Change damage taken/damage dealt to not account for PvE values (animal dmg, fall dmg/water dmg)

- Allow teammates access to chests by default (no longer a protected item)

We feel as though these changes will be healthy for the game. We also feel as though these suggestions will switch up the meta, which is long overdue. Please leave down ANY and ALL feedback you have in the comments. Nothing on this doc is set in stone, but ideas that become popular are likely to see the light of day when the update is put into effect.

- Bridges GI

Posted Apr 14, 2021
  2. Awesome thread! I'm super happy with everything suggested here, and I'm super happy to have been a part of this process! I can't wait to hear everyone's feedback!

Posted Apr 14, 2021
  3. Thank you for aiding me in the process :>

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 14, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 16, 2021
  4. I really like this, especially the /surface, it will make life a lot nicer for the game. I also really like healer, I think that also gives new depth to the game. Great work!

Posted Apr 14, 2021
    AllisonTheHero, Dwasserd and Fallen like this.
  5. you forgot to add "- ban all the tryhards who have 100s of wins and ruin the fun"

jk... unless?

Posted Apr 14, 2021
  6. Ayo that's what we were going for B)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 14, 2021
    Paladise and Fallen like this.
  7. No need for an apple buff, otherwise decent (edit: read replies). Supreme Swoop is an odd name though. "Bridge Battler"? idk.

Posted Apr 14, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 15, 2021
  8. Do you think Appler is in a good state right now and can compete with other kits? I was informed that due to the dual-nerf of both its kb and damage the kit was rendered useless.

Also, I do prefer Bridge Battler to Supreme Swoop so I will change it to that.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 14, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  9. Hello! Overall, amazing - lovely to see The Bridges finally getting some attention. Hopefully this all will allow this wonderful game mode to receive some of its players back. Just to comment and provide feedback on some of the things discussed in the thread;

These kit changes are great and I don't see any issues with them.

I feel like the swift recovery ability will be highly advantageous to a point where it will be hard to fight against brawlers (and even harder against big groups of them). I definitely see players attempting to get cheap kills of less geared up players just to get the ability and go wipe out stronger players more easily. I suggest changing it to 3 seconds and/or getting rid of speed or regeneration and bump the other potion ability up to 5 seconds. Maybe getting rid of regeneration wouldn't be too bad as Brawlers would already have 12 permanent hearts.
    I don't think this kit does enough. Only 2 - 5 seconds of regeneration whilst also accompanied by weakness for the healer is simply not worth it. Also is the 2 - 5 seconds of regeneration random every time the ability is used? Is it going to be different between each player in the healing ring or will it alter? Regardless, I recommend either removing the weakness from the healer or adding some kind of other perk such as a healing splash potion or 2. Maybe it might also be interesting to give the healer invisibility for 3 seconds during the duration of the healing ring and allow them to receive the healing regardless of whether they're in the healing ring or not. This would allow the healer to either run away or get in a few hits on opponents. This idea will need to be developed tho so it's not too overpowering.

Overall, this kit, needs to have a bit more to it.

Most of those seem fine and would seem like great additions/adjustments to The Bridges. 1 thing that I would like to see is for the 'Food for the Masses' (Get 20 kills with Apples) to be changed to 10 kills because I feel like 20 is just too much and 10 is a better amount.

Overall, great stuff The Bridges GI's - I'm looking forward to seeing some of this stuff getting implemented.

Posted Apr 14, 2021
  10. Great work :)
    Now invite me to classics OR ELSE
    <3

but seriously if you ever need help with those documents I'm here

Posted Apr 14, 2021
    Dwasserd, BaconAnEggs and Amg like this.
  11. Ah, was thinking about pre-last years update. With those in mind those changes do make sense.

Posted Apr 15, 2021
    Dwasserd likes this.
  12. Haha, I think you misread it - The Healer kit provides Regeneration II for 5 seconds long within the ring it generates. Also, just to clarify, the Weakness the Healer receives means it deals less damage, not takes more damage. It will grant all your teammates Regeneration II while they stand within the circle, which is the amount of regeneration one would receive from a soup but for longer. The kit will need some tweaking but overall feels as though it can perform quite well in team fights.

Regarding the Brawler kit, we've received a lot of feedback that the current design is both better and worse than the current conditions of the kit. This type of controversy is usually positive for the kit design as some players can see its strengths and others can see its weaknesses. That being said, we will look more into the potential changes we can make to the kit in order to balance it out properly.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2021
    Fusafez and Paladise like this.
  13. @Dwasserd Thank you for replying.

I did indeed misread it, my bad. Okay, that makes more sense. I still think that either the weakness should be removed or some other perk/ability/passive should be added. I don't think the heal (in addition to the weakness) is enough.

I do agree that the current in-game Brawler kit needs to be adjusted, but I don't think to overpower it is the way to go. I do still stand by that the 12 permanent hearts, alongside the new passive you guys have suggested, will be overpowering in PvP situations.

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  14. The weakness would only last 5 seconds though, which simply means that while healing the kit is not going to be dealing as much damage as it normally would. If the player decided to hold off on the healing, it would still be able to fight at full power. If this still feels unbalanced, do you perhaps have a suggestion as to what could be added or compensate for the current weakness it receives. We will take this into account.

As for the brawler kit, we've received a lot of feedback that the proposed changes are in fact weak, as it won't be able to take as many hits as before due to its current ability (take 0.75 less damage per hit) and the fact it was able to deal more kb and take less kb. The currently proposed buffs will only be useful once you kill someone and in the average Bridges game, this doesn't happen a lot. In other words, Brawler kit will really only be profiting from its extra 2 hearts, which is the equivalent of 1-2 hits. This is easy to accumulate in a team fight.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  15. I'm not to sure myself what could be added (or compensated for the weakness), but I'll make sure to let you know if I think of anything.

When you put it that way that does make sense and seem sensible. Good stuff.

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  16. Awesome thread! I'm super happy with everything suggested here, and I'm super happy to have been a part of this process! I can't wait to hear everyone's feedback!

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  17. Even though I have 11 wins I think this document is good.

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  18. I disagree with the appler reasoning. It is already op as it is for combating most situations.

No one that actually supports this update has over 150 wins like wtf. Most of the active bridges players have over 500-1000+ wins and your trying to change our whole game mode after a weak honestly just disapointing your trying to bring in a new whole meta and then are having the people with 50 games played and 2 kills decide this like ask the actual bridges community? Also how do you think this will affect BCL might I remind you a competive league sponsored by mineplex that is mid szn. This will cause a whole re write of BCL half way through the szn and some kits might not be allowed cause of this update. Stay to cake wars bridges is fine how it is the only thing worth considering is adding a border that closes in as the game progresses to not allow sky basers to stall is out and /surface command and leaving kills one? Mineplex is hella laggy and sometimes we get quit out now you expect to force kill us for lagging out cause you run servers that lag all the time? You didnt spend more then 5 minutes on this ridiculous.

Posted Apr 15, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 2, 2021
  19. Actually I believe Bridges Competitive League was working with the Game Insights team on this update.

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  20. If this goes live you can say goodbye to
    I doubt it they woudlnt change the whole game mode half way through a competitive season

Posted Apr 15, 2021
    Q1J and vvvvvvvp like this.