• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6515 Players Online
  • 3625 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

GI - Survival Games Update Proposals

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by rqil, Oct 3, 2019.

1. [​IMG]
    Classics GI - Survival Games Proposals

Thanks to Classics GI, the document for proposed Survival Games changes has finally been created! If you feel as though something's missing, something's unbalanced, or something needs to be removed, please reply with your opinions. This document has a lot that can be added to it based on feedback and ideas from the general community, so any ideas or suggestions for potential additions to the document would be very appreciated. Keep in mind that nothing listed here is final. Feel free to share this document around to anyone who wants to read it - all feedback is appreciated!

Click here to read it!

Document Changelog:
    11/5/19 :
    - Replace the Assassin map ability with a compass that always points towards the nearest player (pointed player/their distance would not be mentioned, just their direction)
    - Give Bomber a 50% damage reduction to all explosions
    - Lower the rate of iron gear spawning at Mid down by 25%
    - Reduce the damage dealt by the border down to half a heart per second as opposed to 1 heart
    - Give players 10 extra hearts during grace period; attacking another player will get rid of those hearts

Posted Oct 3, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 5, 2019
    Jango_55, Im_Ken, Wiz and 5 others like this.
  2. Yeah, as rqil has said there feels like that there is stuff that should be on the document that isn't, but we can't think of what it is if that's the case. So input from you guys will be very much appreciated, especially if it touches upon a point we've managed to miss, or it is otherwise something that will add to the game.

Posted Oct 3, 2019
    rqil likes this.
  3. Posted Oct 3, 2019
    Jango_55, rqil and paceyq like this.
  4. I'll try and fill in some gaps myself, those being Bomber may need a small buff (it's relatively underused as it is plus the lootpool changes will make it harder to get arrows, and therefore Explosive Arrow can't be utilised as much. Keep in mind I main Bomber so I could be biased), as does the XP (suggestion of a friend, not mine).

There is a planned reduction of flint, feathers and arrows which should help deal with Archer (as it means they can't get as many arrows) but I wouldn't be opposed to making some changes to Archer's abilities, too (as I feel it has one too many abilities).

Posted Oct 3, 2019
    rqil likes this.
  5. I feel like only one extra arrow per kill isn't substantial enough to really make the kit any more worth to play than others. The Longshot idea is very interesting though, it'll definitely be brought up in GI. Also, if you'd want to join the CI Discord to help discuss SG, feel free to DM me

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 4, 2019
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  6. bring back deathmatch ^^^^

Posted Oct 4, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  7. Hey!

I'm glad there are changes in the works, as I agree there are some needed changes to balance out some of the kits. One suggestion I thought of is to reduce the amount of gold spawn in chests. Since a golden sword equates to an iron sword, the gold ingots are quite beneficial if you find them. I usually an average 4-5 a game myself, and after killing people and collecting their loot, it often adds up to 6-8, or even more. This isn't a big issue, but perhaps the gold spawn rate could decrease slightly, or maybe the stick rate slightly. I definitely agree with lowering the spawn rate of arrows, and flint + feathers as I often play games and find myself with a large number of arrows, and if I was Archer kit, that would be quite overpowered. Either way, I am glad some changes are being worked on, and I look forward to the update where it's all implemented.

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  8. Would be nice to have, but the border moves faster depending on how many players are left compared to how large the playable area is. The 60-second countdown that used to happen when someone used /dm would shorten the border down to pretty much the same distance the current one does when it begins to speed up as needed.

Gold actually has a fairly low spawn rate in tier 1 chests, that instance seems out-of-the-ordinary, and balancing based on outliers like this example would make the possibility of getting an iron/gold sword through crafting too unlikely to even worry about, which wouldn't have a very good effect on the game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 4, 2019
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  9. I will break this down by their respective sections.

Lootpool: Bisecting the spawn rate of arrows, flint and feathers boasts the archer kit which is already not very pleasant to deal with. Even before these proposed changes were public, people wanted archer kit to be nerfed. I feel like this is a must do now because arrows and what you need to craft them are more scarce now. Barrage should be removed as having regenerating arrows is almost considered a free weapon compared to every other kit.

Evening the spawn rates of gold and iron ingots seems logical. I was able to spread the word around the community from this thread. Although discovering that iron and gold swords do the same damage can be done through champions, not everyone plays those games, and its community is declining. It is also very unlikely people find 8 gold ingots to craft a golden apple. Visibly, gold can now be considered a useful item.

Kits: I also made a thread about adding a cooldown for axe throwing. While I think 1 second is a bit short, it needs on regardless. No kit should be able to kill a player by spamming projectiles.

Horseman nerf is the correct decision to make. When a player is on their horse, they travel like being under the effect of swiftness 3. Speed is very effective in PvP as you can strafe and combo more effectively.

Gameplay: Supply drops landing on top of roofs of high buildings is useless because no player can reach there. This occurrence needed to stop.

SG is an intermediate game after all and refilling chests after a certain amount of time sways the mechanics more towards its section of games. Unlucky players would be able to stay competitive against the high-geared instead of deathmatch being a cakewalk.

I have no knowledge of what kind of loot appears in tier 1/2/3 chests so I cannot give informed feedback on this point. It would greatly appreciated if someone could clarify.

Overall, this wave of changes gets a 7/10 from me. Axeman kit should receive a longer cooldown and the reduced spawn rates of flint, arrows, and feathers should have also lead to an archer kit nerf.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  10. Since it seems the arrow spawn is wanting to be lowered because of archer, then I think a kit change would be needed for bomber kit, since explosive arrows are a kit feature, but if that arrows get reduced that wouldn’t be fair for bomber kit. Maybe have bomber kit receive an arrow every 4 seconds with a max of 2-3 arrows, but can still be picked up in chests.

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  11. hilt smash buff so it's viable again?!!?

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  12. Bomber could be buffed in some other way to do with TNT directly to make it more fair, simply giving it the ability to gain arrows as a passive shifts the focus of the kit a little bit since it isn't directly TNT-related.

Knight is still extremely viable because of the damage reduction it takes from each hit. Buffing Hilt Smash would revert it back to being the extremely OP kit Knight was before the last SG update (same damage reduction with a Hilt Smash that could stand alone as a sole kit ability and still make that kit viable).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 4, 2019
  13. Isn’t arrows related to tnt? They explode and only explode with tnt kit.

Posted Oct 4, 2019