• 3131 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11259 Players Online
  • 8128 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

GI - SSM Update Proposals

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Veans, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Hardcore GI - Super Smash Mobs Update Proposals

The SmashGI update proposal doc has recently been polished up and is now awaiting community feedback! This is one of GI's longest update proposal docs yet: Containing kit balances, smash crystal changes, and a new kit idea! Know that nothing in the document is set in stone, so we strongly encourage providing feedback and sharing it around for further optimization!

You can read the document here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FmUy1cojABY8Q5-bmVz2Zp4H9LkdIr85LUMYfqoSIqU/edit?usp=sharing

Big thanks again to the SmashGI team for helping creating this. On another note, most discussions regarding this document will occur in the Community Insights discord, and I highly recommend joining the discord if you wish to contribute. HERE is an intro the Game Insights team that also includes a list of people at the bottom whom you can ask a discord invite from.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    EGirlTaco, xOeuf, potatoe36 and 9 others like this.
  2. Very well put together Clans document!

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Mr_Ant87, Im_Ken, KerbalBoy and 2 others like this.
  3. why is this in #clans-general

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  4. Ice shards on snowman is a little bit broken with the combo it can already dish with snowballs and melee. Skele horse does not need a buff, the kit is pretty balanced as it is. I believe blaze shouldn’t be buffed either, lightning shield should have a cooldown instead of a activation, chicken missile should remain vulnerable, cow’s milk spiral should absolutely not hit 4 times (2 max), DJ regen on hit for spider/wolf should be reduce 2-1, BT canceling on enderman should stay when switching to melee, slime should just remain the same, spider’s web shot should remain the same, reduce cooldown on firefly, increase height limit on some maps, Wither skele should remain the same, Squid’s ink shot should have a longer cooldown, Other than that I agree with everything else.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  5. Snowman - Fair, testing will show if it needs tweaking.
    Skeleton Horse - It is a nerf overall.
    Blaze - Only firefly needed changing (the cooldown has been nerfed), and needed compensation for the nerf.
    Creeper - A cooldown would leave Creeper very vulnerable.
    Chicken - Why? Killing the baby chicken currently has no effect gameplay-wise and making it invulnerable will clear any confusion.
    Cow - You may be right.
    Spider/wolf - The energy system will definitely need a lot of testing so it feels right. As for web, why?
    Enderman - I believe this is a glitch that gives an unfair advantage.
    Slime - Why?
    Wither skeleton - This is going to greatly increase the skill ceiling, so why not? Wither clone is already very avoidable.
    Squid - I don't see why ink shotgun needs a CD increase.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Kenshin_William likes this.
  6. Regarding snowmanWhen I tested out the shards on reborn it seemed pretty broken. I think the change from ice path to ice skates is sufficient as it covers the weakness of being unable to approach.

I feel magma cube needs to be tweaked somewhat. The kit is generally weak but is very frustrating to play against because of the running even as a spider. I can’t imagine how a golem main must feel. Both magma and chicken might need melee buffs in exchange for a nerf in their movement.

The sulfur bomb and skeletal horse abilities need to be nerfed slightly more.

Id decrease enderman’s melee even further from 6.5 to 6

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Slipest and SpitefulNick like this.
  7. A lot of interesting reworks here. tbh I don't really know much of the current stats the kits hold so some changes I don't know if they are a nerf or buff, but as long as skelly horse, slime, creeper, wolf/spider and firefly are getting nerfed or reworked, I'm happy.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  8. Wait the update already happen or he happen soon?

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  9. This was a pretty large doc, and I'm overall happy with most of the proposed changes in it. I've loved playing SSM for a long time and I hope that this helps balance it out more and make it enjoyable for everyone. The new kit idea also looks very interesting too. The static laser changes to sheep, as well as the changes to the skeleton horse passives, really look pretty cool, and overall, I'd say the doc is good. Looking forward to seeing these changes being pushed.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  10. Wow, this update looks amazing! I can't wait to see the new changes in action. :D

~Tomeroo

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  11. Fix guardian model with hitbox is all I must ask still

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  12. Nice! Will the Pigman kit be renamed to Zombified Piglin when 1.16 releases?

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  13. I'm not sure why but the tidal wave hit somewhere. I don't think It fits in SSM. SSM relies on skill and timing but this is just no. The main thing here is it's so easy to dodge but then the fact that the main thing you can do with it is a point-blank shotgun? No no no!!! If this is just another offensive ability that can't be followed up with anything then It shouldn't be here. It has no potential. It doesn't sound like it will grow in strength as the player grows in skill. Fish flurry was a well-rounded ability that required the player's skill, timing, and positioning. This ability just seems like another offensive ability and if this becomes how it is for all the kits then I'm not sure If I'll stay playing SSM. The current SSM is simple, fun, and strategic. If we add these abilities that are plain out damage that don't need nor want backup then why. Going back to the "follow up with a point-blank ink shotgun" That's not a strategy. That's called a new player. Once you play squid and get to know it you understand why. There are many ways to play shotgun but my way is to hurt an opponent, once they get in the air, shotgun them off. There's meaning in each kit and multiple ways to play it. I feel like fish flurry completely fits squid and should never change. Squid is completely balanced and we shouldn't bring anything else that could potentially ruin it. Squid gives off this vibe that it's laid back, enjoyable, and it rewards the player if they use it right. This ability though. It traps them? Then deals damage? And then flings them away? Does not, I repeat DOES NOT, fit squid in the slightest. Please, I've mained squid throughout my entire time playing SSM, listen to me. This doesn't fit and I would NOT like to see as a new change. Sorry if that sounded rude but that's what's going in inside my head. Squid is a kit that builds off of itself but this ability does ALL the damage and ALL the knockback that a regular squid would do but with 1 ability. It doesn't fit and it doesn't sound like a balanced ability. Just no. When I first joined Mineplex, I played SSM and I used squid kit. Doing this to squid ruins everything. It makes squid just another kit and it no longer stands out nor appeals. Also, shotgun Cool-Down increase? Are you kidding me? Please for the love of everything. No. Don't touch squid :'(

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  14. Maybe the game will actually be fun again, but I feel like a kit’s going to be the new skele horse

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  15. Wow, this is really amazing! I am still looking through it but I like the proposed changes to Magma Cube :D

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  16. I keep thinking that the kits keep getting nerfed you the point where they barely do anything.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
    EGirlTaco likes this.