• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11474 Players Online
  • 8584 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

GI - Speed Builders Guide

Discussion in 'Speed Builders' started by Sophie_OGrady, Jun 29, 2020.

1. [​IMG]
    GI - Speed Builders Guide
    [​IMG]

Released on January 29th, 2016, Speed Builders is a game that quickly grew in popularity. The game starts with 8 different player islands that each have a 7x7 build area on them. In the center is a larger island with Gwen the Guardian floating above it. Each round, the remaining players will be shown a build for a short time prior to it disappearing. They will have a set amount of time to recreate it. When the timer runs out, everyone’s builds will be judged by Gwen. There are no kits for Speed Builders.​

Eliminations:

Eliminations are based entirely off of percentage values. The more blocks that a player places that replicate the original build, the higher their percentage will be. After the build timer has depleted, each player will be shown their score based on the correctly placed blocks, in the form of a percentage.

Red = Low percentage
    Green = High percentage.

When each round is over, the player with the lowest percentage will be eliminated. If two players have the same lowest percentage, then the player with the lower UUID value will be eliminated. If there are multiple players with 0%, then they will all be eliminated in the same round.

However, if all players get 100% on the build, then this message will appear on chat: “Gwen the Guardian is Impressed!” This means that all players have correctly replicated the build given, and nobody will be eliminated. If a player gets a perfect build in chat, then a message will notify the lobby: “[player] got a perfect build in xx.x seconds!”

If there are only 2 competitors left, and both of them fail the build but get the same percentage, then Gwen will automatically move to the next round.

Build Times:

Every round during the observation stage, all competitors will have 10 seconds to view the build presented. This does not change. However, the time given to replicate the build decreases as the rounds progress.

Starting at round 1, everyone has 40 seconds to replicate the build. This continues until round 3, where the timer will start to decrease by 1 second per round. For example, at round 1 there will be 40 seconds, at round 2 there will be 40 seconds, and at round 3 there will be 39 seconds; this new pattern continues with each upcoming round with round 4 having 38 seconds, round 5 having 37, etc. Once the lobby is at round 37 and above, the timer no longer decreases, and instead stays at a steady 5 seconds of replication time.

There are a few exceptions to the rules listed above. Some builds have modified times. One example of this is the build “Cries in the distance”, which gives players an extra 10 seconds of building time.

Under no circumstances, even with builds that allow competitors less time to replicate, will the timer fall below 5 seconds.

How to submit a build for Speed Builders:

Speed Builders is unique, because not only is it possible to submit a map, but there are also build submissions for mini-builds that are recreated in game. To learn how to submit a map, head over to this thread.

Mini builds have their own special requirements:
    • You must submit at least 10 mini builds per submission.
    • The mini builds must fit in a 7x7x7 (height x width x depth) area.
    • The build should not be too difficult to complete in the time limit given. If you want to add more time to the build, please say so on a sign.
    • Do not use more than 9 different block types.
    • Do not use gravel or sand on the floor.
    • Please leave a sign with the mini build name somewhere clearly above or in front of the mini build.

Helpful Tips for Winning:

• Dimensions are key. Focus on shapes. Oftentimes, builds will have square-like features, such as 3x3x3, or 3x2, or 4x4x2, and so on. Memorizing these shapes are key.
    • If you are about to run out of time but still have loads of blocks left to place, just start spamming. Even though the build might look very messy, you will gain a lot more percentage points.
    • Know what round you’re on! If you’re at the start of the game, take your time to replicate the build perfectly. If you’re near the end of the game and don’t think you’re going to have enough time to get a perfect build, then don’t focus on the small details. Just start trying to rack up as many percentage points as you can by placing the majority of your blocks.
    • If you’re starting to blank out and not remember certain details, it’s okay to copy others! Looking at other players' builds to memorize those small details will not only help you in that round, but it will also help you in the future to recreate the same build.
    • If you’re not confident you will be able to replicate the build perfectly, then focus on the blocks that take up most of the build. Remember, in the early rounds it’s not about being perfect, it’s about being better than your opponents. If you have more percentage points, getting a perfect build won’t really matter until the last rounds.
    Achievements:
    • Speed Master: Win 10 Games of Speed Builders
    • Dependable: Complete 50 Perfect Builds
    • First Build!: Be the first person to complete a build in the game 10 times
    • Perfectionist: Win a game of Speed Builders with a perfect build every round
    • Speediest Builderizer: Perfect a build in less than 10 seconds

By far, the biggest roadblock that new players will come across in Speed Builders are builds that are super complex, or misleading in general. For the purpose of this thread, we have included a list of helpful tutorials on some of the hardest builds in the game! If you want to see more tough build tutorials on this thread, let us know by commenting on the thread.
    Keep in mind, these tutorials aren’t about building the quickest, they are about building the most accurately. Speed comes with time and practice.

Big thanks to @Rilau, @duckle, @Acaulis, @Kippy_, and @jacvb for helping with this project.

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    BreezeBlockss, Acaulis, Jaek and 8 others like this.
  2. intellectual guide very nice i think i might build now

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    Jaek, Rilau and Kippy_ like this.
  3. Very cool guide! Now that I know how to play Speed Builders (thanks to the guide) I think I will try it out. Seriously though, this is a really well made guide and I really hope it helps new players improve and understand the game in further detail than before. Good job to everyone involved!

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    Rilau likes this.
  4. Very nice guide <3

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  5. Big fan of this guide and I hope it will drive a few players to try it out. I truly believe this game is the best use of your time on Mineplex as it's inherently balanced and one of the few games where the only person to blame (with the exception of an occasional hacker, which is rare) is yourself for losing.

Anywho, big thanks to GI for making this thread :)

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    Rilau likes this.
  6. Really detailed and great guide! It's great how you went and included everything you could, like the basic information about the game, how it works, some tips for winning, guidelines for submitting minibuilds and even all achievements! I'm sure many people will refer to this guide in the future so thanks to everyone who helped making it! Solid work here :)

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    Rilau likes this.
  7. Hey!

This is a fantastically built guide and I believe it has everything a new player needs to not only understand the game but to also get better at it quickly! As a speed builders player since 2016, I most definitely started off needing to know some of this information and took years learning how to properly play the game. Even as not an extremely keen player at building, Speed Builders remains a fun game on the server and I think it's great for all player types (especially considering that high xp reward)! Thanks for the guide GI and everyone involved!

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    Rilau likes this.
  8. Awesome guide! Huuuuuuuge shoutout to @Rilau for writing that whole thing! :)

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    Sophie_OGrady and Rilau like this.
  9. Hi! I play a lot of Speed Builders as it's one of my favorite games (and I've been playing it since 2016), and I will say that this guide will be extremely helpful to newer players or players who need help when it comes to the game. It's detailed with everything that happens in the game, tips, and how the timer system works. It's an intense game, and it gets pretty fun once you get the hang of it. Have a wonderful day!

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    Rilau likes this.
  10. wow! simply fantastic!

special shoutout to @Xukuwu and I for our professional grammar insights for this document

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    Rilau likes this.
  11. Add the "Refuge" build please

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    Rilau likes this.
  12. Here you go

Posted Jul 1, 2020
    Butterfl1 likes this.
  13. Hey there! I'll try to get the build "Refuge" added to the list as soon as possible!
    @Ag_ Already published a video, but I figured I might as well give a simplified version that's easier to learn, with a recording software to make it easier to see! Thanks for your suggestion!:

Refuge

If anyone else has any builds they'd like to see added, please be sure to reply to the thread with your suggestions! <3

Posted Jul 1, 2020