• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5255 Players Online
  • 2365 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

GI - Champions Update Proposals v1

Discussion in 'Champions' started by Veans, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Hardcore Game Insights - Champions Update Proposals

The official ChampsGI update proposal doc has gone under a lot of community discussions in the Game Insights (GI) discord for the past few months, and is now at a point where we're comfortable expanding here to collect feedback! This is one of the lengthier GI documents, containing a ton of balance and general changes for champions, and maybe some new skill ideas in the near future. Big thanks to the ChampsGI team and community members in the GI discord for the progress made so far

Listed balance changes affect all DOM, CTF, and Clans

You can read the document here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XU4Jy_YEkRoIMBevKawbinPhDicg1mt6xEkhS30PIqQ/edit?usp=sharing

Nothing in the document is set in stone, there's still plenty of changes to be made

Champions is a very contentious game when it comes to balancing, having to juggle casual vs competitive or in between the different gamemodes, there's a lot of discussion to be made on which direction changes should go. Whether you like the proposals or absolutely hate them, I strongly encourage providing any feedback and sharing the doc around for further optimization! This is the basis for the next Champions update, so we want as much community input as we can get. Feel free to comment your thoughts below, but it's preferable that you comment them in the GI discord. That brings me to the following...

Join the Game Insights discord to help contribute!

Most discussions regarding this document will occur in the Game Insights discord, and I highly recommend joining it if you wish to contribute. The more people involved in discussion, the better

Below is a list of the people you can message, either on discord or forums, to gain access to the GI discord.
    Format: IGN/Profile | Position | Discord Tag
    • @rosmeme | Game Insights Team Lead | ᵐᵃᵍᵍⁱᵉ#9999
    • @Veans | Hardcore Category Lead | Veans#1157
    • @rqil | Classics Category Lead | pace#2222
    • @HeyItsAdam | Arcade Category Lead | Adam#4396
    • Any QA member not listed here

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  2. Awesome :D

Posted Aug 7, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  3. Hello!

After reading through this document I've got to say I agree with nearly everything here. I look forward to giving my feedback in the GI discord but wanted to thank the team for their hard work & overall great doc.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  4. This is an amazing document, and I have to agree with Fallen. I agree with a majority of the proposed points listed here, but also have some points I would like to dispute! I look forward to giving my opinion in the GI discord as well!

Posted Aug 8, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  5. Thank you!

Posted Aug 8, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  6. Thank you so much for posting this. I definitely noticed a few of the inconsistencies that were pointed out and am excited to join the GI discord to discuss these changes.

Posted Aug 8, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  7. YES THANK U

ACTUAL CHAMPIONS CHANGES

I LOVE THEM THESE ARE GOOD CHANGES

GOOD JOB CHAMPS GI!

Posted Aug 8, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 8, 2020
    ISleptOnMyKeyboard likes this.
  8. Woot!! Looking forward to the incoming feedback

Posted Aug 8, 2020
    Wiz2K, Starx280 and Im_Ken like this.
  9. Guys I think its time to wait another million years for a champs update

Posted Aug 9, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  10. Necro-post is a necro post, but what is this? A genuinely good proposal patch on Champions? Wait. That's illegal.

Jokes aside I genuinely can't believe my eyes. I actually like a lot of these changes. Some still have a few loose screws, but I think they can easily be resolved with a good discussion, no?

Man 2020 is such a strange year, isn't it?

Posted Sep 17, 2020 at 12:17 AM
    Starx280 likes this.
  11. Would love specifics if you're interested in rejoining the discord

Posted Sep 18, 2020 at 11:53 AM