• 387 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4399 Players Online
  • 4012 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

GI - Bedrock Cakewars Update Proposal

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by landay, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Hello, everyone!

I'm Landay, or Landon, the Bedrock Game Insights lead. As of two months ago, the GI team has expanded over to the Bedrock platform, and has already updated Skywars and has created proposed changes for other games such as Micro Battles, Turf Wars, and Dragons. However, going forward I will be making forum threads with every proposed change so we can get more feedback and opinions from not only the GI discord and team, but the forum users that want to help out as well. Of course, if you ever want to join the GI discord, feel free to PM me through the forums or my discord (landon#0001) and I will be more than happy to let you join and share your ideas. With that said, I am here to bring you the first game proposal change!

Welcome Cake Eaters, today I would like to propose a major change to Cake Wars including new and updated kits, gameplay mechanics, and more! If people are happy with the proposal, we will try to release it as soon as we can and move forward with other game proposals. Keep in mind that everything is subject to change, and this is in no way the final draft of the game update.

General Changes:
    • Separate Regular and Duos in statistics so that they are tracked separately.
    • Look into the addition of Win Streaks.
    • Fix the queue being off causing games to never fill to 16.
    • Add in a boss bar to indicate how long until Cakerot.
    • Add in a 20 second grace period from when the game starts for eating cakes to prevent people from flying over and eating instantly.
    • Add a noise to indicate you are capturing and when you have captured emerald beacons.
    • Add a message to show an emerald island is being captured so they can be contested and players are more alert.
    • Add a message to show when the middle beacon is being captured.
    • Change the emerald island chat message from “Red has captured an Emerald Island!!” to “Red has captured the Blue-Green Beacon” so players know which beacon was taken.
    • Change the noise for when your cake is eaten from an anvil ding to a wither death noise so players are more aware when that happens.
    • Add a dragon noise for when enemy cakes are eaten to know when that happens.
    • Add in a setting or preference to remove the in-game tooltips.
    • Add an indicator into the alive player's text above the XP bar to show who is controlling mid.
    • Add a message in chat to display when a kill is an elimination.
    • Introduce a more strict AFK timer, similar to the one in Dragons.
    • Increase all game rewards earned from Cake Wars.
    • Add the eating noise for when cake bites are taken.
    • Add a hologram above team generators to display how many resources are there.

Gameplay Changes:
    • Allow obsidian to be blown up by Polly The Sheep, but with a 10% chance.
    • Increase the amount of time it takes to capture a beacon to about 6 seconds.
    • Give all players a Player Tracking Compass when Cakerot Occurs.
    • Disallow opening other team chests until that team's cake is eaten.
    • Disallow people from buying the same tool or armor piece.
    • When a player gets eliminated, their items should be put into the inventory of the player who killed them. If the killer's inventory is full, the items would be put into the team chest for them.
    • If a player logs out/jumps off without being hit within 20 seconds of their cake being eaten, the kill should go to whoever ate the cake.
    • Since there is no reconnect, if a player disconnects before the cake is eaten or without anyone going after them, their resources in the inventory should be put into the team chest.

Shop Changes:
    • Change the villagers into custom NPC's relating to what they sell.
    • Fix the custom images loading for an extensive amount of time.

Brick Shop
    • Categorize Brick shop into Categories of Blocks, Weapons, Armor, Tools.
      (Blocks: Wool, Deploy Platform, Wood, Endstone, Clay, Glass.
      Weapons: Iron Sword, Bow, Arrow. (split arrow into 3 for 9, 16 for 25, arrows to bricks for bulk buy)
      Armor: Iron Helmet, Iron Chestplate, Iron Leggings, Iron boots, button for full armor.
      Tools: Iron Pickaxe, Iron Axe.
      Emerald.)
    • Increase the price of deploy platforms from 5 --> 10
    • Decrease arrow price from 12 --> 9
    • Add wooden blocks, 8 wood for 8 bricks.
    • Add Iron Axe, 3 bricks.
    • Add Clay Blocks, 8 clay for 8 bricks.
    • Add Glass Blocks. 4 glass for 8 bricks. Glass is also blast-proof from Polly The Sheep.
    • Shears will now be located in the Emerald Shop.

Emerald Shop
    • Categorize Emerald Shop into Tools, Armor, Special Items.
    • (Diamond Sword, Golden Apple, Ender Pearl, Obsidian
    • Tools: Diamond Pickaxe, Diamond Axe, Shears.
    • Armor: Diamond Helmet, Diamond Chestplate, Diamond Leggings, Diamond Boots, or full set.
    • Special Items: Rune of Holding, Polly the Sheep, Tracking Compass, TNT Trap, Bear Trap.)
    • Change the price of obsidian from 8 --> 12 emeralds
    • Decrease the price of Polly The Sheep from 10 --> 8 emeralds
    • Add Shears with a price of 5 emeralds.
    • Add Tracking Compass with a price of 12 emeralds.
    • Add Diamond Axe with a price of 4 emeralds.
    • Decrease the price of TNT Trap from 15 --> 8 emeralds
    • Introduce the new "Bear Trap" that gives players slowness and blindness within a 4 block radius of other cakes for 8 emeralds.

Team Upgrade Shop
    • Change the number of nether stars needed for protection to 4 stars for tier 1, 10 stars for tier 2.
    • Change the number of nether stars needed for sharpness to 8 stars for tier 1, 12 stars for tier 2.
    • Change the number of nether stars needed for power to 8 stars for tier 1, 12 stars for tier 2.
    • Add a new upgrade called "Healing Station" that produces regeneration around your cake. Tier 1 is regeneration 1 for 5 blocks and costs 8 nether stars. Tier 2 is regeneration 1 for 8 blocks and costs 12 nether stars.

Kit Changes:
    • New Kit!
    • Various balances to existing kits.

Builder:

• Remove the 16 Clay blocks players get when spawning in.
    • Give 1 wool block every 4 seconds, max of 32.
    • Give 1 deploy platform every 10 seconds, max of 5.

Warrior:

• Remove the 1 second of regeneration on kill.
    • Increase the number of time players get strength from 1 --> 3 seconds
    • Give players 3 hearts per kill unless they are full health.

Archer:

• Increase the max amount of arrows from 2 --> 4
    • Add a new "Quickshot" ability. When players swing with a bow instead of shooting it, it shoots out a fully charged bow shot. Cooldown of 30 seconds.
    • Add a new "Shredder" passive. When players shoot a wool block with a full bow shot, the wool block is broken.

Sweet Tooth (New Kit):

• Give 1 piece of "speed sugar" every 15 seconds, max of 3.
    • When players tap or throw the sugar, players receive speed 1 for 6 seconds.
    • There is a 10-second cooldown between each piece of sugar eaten.
    • "Sugar Crush" passive. When killing players, they receive 3 seconds of regeneration.

Achievement Kit:

• I have an entire achievement kit planned out and designed for when we add visible stats and achievements. This will come in a later forum thread for when every game gets its achievement update.

Cake Island Changes:
    • Add a noise to indicate a Cake Island has spawned.
    • Change the Cake Island spawn message from "A new floating island has spawned!" to "A new island has spawned! Find it and claim the loot quickly!"
    • Change how many items can spawn in a chest from 1 --> 3 items.
    • Add in a probability system to have rarer Cake Island loot items.
    • Remove the 50 use punch bow from the Cake Island loot pool.
    • Remove the 10 use punch 5 bow from the Cake Island loot pool.
    • Change the number of ender pearls found from 1 --> 3-5.
    • Change the number of golden apples from 2 --> 4-6.
    • Change the golden pickaxe to be an efficiency 3 golden pickaxe, named "Miner's Blessing", with 10 durability.
    • Change the number of emeralds to vary from 15-25.
    • Change the number of nether stars from 4 --> 3-7.
    • Introduce feather falling 3 diamond boots to the loot pool.
    • Introduce bricks with an amount of 10-20 to the loot pool.
    • Introduce Polly The Sheep Egg with an amount of 1-2 to the loot pool.
    • Introduce a power 3 infinity 1 bow with 50 durability to the loot pool.
    • Introduce diamond helmets to the Cake Island loot pool.
    • Introduce diamond leggings to the Cake Island loot pool.
    • Introduce diamond chestplates to the Cake Island loot pool.
    • Reduce how far you can see the text after opening the cake Island.

Maps:
    • Remove Bucolic.
    • Implement all 36 Cake Wars maps ready to be pushed.
    • Remove all flowery items on the side of islands for ease of bridging
    The changes I did were a lot of basic QoL suggestions from forum and discord feedback. In terms of new content, there is only so much I can do, and I didn't want to add so much new content that took the game away from what it is. Cake Wars is currently the most popular and consistent game, and I wouldn't want to completely take that away from people. However, new content must be added to give players more reason to keep playing. With that said, if there are any questions regarding these changes or any questions on why we are doing a specific change, feel free to ask me and I'll explain everything out. If you want to view the original document, you can find that here. Block hunt next?... :eyes:

Feel free to provide all feedback below. Thanks!
    - Landon

Posted Oct 4, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 5, 2020
  2. WOW, THIS IS A STRONG MESSAGE, GRAPE.
    (Great doc & a pleasure to work on it with you).

Posted Oct 4, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 5, 2020
  3. Lots of amazing changes. For the part where you kill a player and get all their items, I feel like players should only get the bricks, emeralds, and nether stars. It might just be me as it may make the game just a bit unbalanced. I also love the kit changes because to me they seem to make more sense and generally it is just more of an upgrade.

Bucolic Bedrock was also a highly requested map to get removed so it’s great to see what the community likes. I’m excited to see the huge amount if new maps! The additions of sound affects when doing all different types of actions are really nice to me. It enhances the game more I feel. Something I also think is cool is the win streak addition. It’s great to know how many wins you get in a row and go for more. How the shop is categorized makes it easier to find the item you want which = less scrolling which is great. It also makes the overall look more neat. I’m definitely excited for these changes!

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  4. they will only get the resources, not every item

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 4, 2020
  5. ahhh got it. Got kind of confused lol

Posted Oct 4, 2020
    CursedPvPYT, Fallen and landay like this.
  6. Super excited!!

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  7. C00L

Posted Oct 4, 2020
    Fallen and landay like this.
  8. THANK U FOR REMOVING BUCOLIC AND WOW 36 maps omg this is awesome love it

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  9. I CANT WAIT!

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  10. wait a minute, they're removing bucolic and not making it smaller like they did on java :sadyehaw:? Anyways, amazing propsals, im especially hyped for the warrior buffs because i love surviving solo for an additional 5 minutes as warrior than the rest of my team. Thank you for this update my fellow clans lover landay!

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  11. Love the changes! While I'm not a bedrock player myself I think the bedrock community will be very pleased with the changes listed. The sweet tooth kit is something I'd like to see in java cake wars, as it provides a nice counter to the frosting kit. Having speed 1 gives players a chance to win fights against frosting, as it makes the knockback advantage a little more manageable. I like that warrior functions more like its java counterpart now, and that sweet tooth gets regen on kill, helping it compete with other kits. Excited to see what you have in store for the achievement kit when that gets pushed. Overall, great work to everyone who was a part of this!

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  12. Speed 1 is garbage, leave a like if you want sweet tooth to have speed 2 instead.
    :angryyoda:

Posted Oct 5, 2020
  13. So HYPED for Bedrock Cake Wars to be like Java Cake Wars with a few new unique additions!

Posted Oct 5, 2020
  14. No way man! This makes me so HYPE! Thank you guys so much!

Posted Oct 5, 2020
    landay and Fallen like this.
  15. cakewars cakewars cakewars

Posted Oct 5, 2020
  16. Good stuff, cannot wait to log on and play this!

Posted Oct 5, 2020
  17. Sounds like a great update for Bedrock :)

Posted Oct 5, 2020
    Ryan9116, Fallen and landay like this.
  18. YESSS!!!!!!!

Posted Oct 5, 2020
  19. This is insane! Cake Wars is my favourite game and I didn't think it'd be possible to like it anymore! Congrats to all the GI members who came up with this and those who suggested ideas on the forums, this will be a fantastic update!

Posted Oct 5, 2020
  20. hey,

this update is going to change cakewars forever,

i just have a few thought though.

for the bear trap, it seems too op, 8 ems for slow and blind? i think a good price would be 10 - 15.

and the loot on kills seems a bit too op too, like if your teamate gets killed with 6 stars? that other team is going to have a huge advantage.

i dunno about this, ill just have too play too find out

Posted Oct 5, 2020
    yvuggu, AWEARY, Fallen and 1 other person like this.