• 1279 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6623 Players Online
  • 5344 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Ghost muted?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Mathuu, May 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everyone!

I am playing Bedrock and tried to chat with a friend on the server, however they could not get my messages and I could not see theirs. Does this mean I am ghost muted?

Posted May 2, 2020
  2. Posted May 2, 2020
    DanTrains222 likes this.
  3. That is not the problem. I have tried to chat with other people as well, and no one can read my messages, nor can I see their messages.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 2, 2020
  4. If you are not ghost muted, I recommend checking your Xbox privacy settings to make sure that you can see the messages of other users. Once you do this and are able to see others' messages, but they still can't see yours, you may be ghost muted. If this is the case, I suggest referring to the link @Vytas provided, as it has many solutions on how to fix ghost mutes.

Posted May 2, 2020
    Mathuu likes this.
  5. If you aren’t ghost muted, then you are likely shadow muted. A shadow mute is where you cannot see other people’s chat, and no one can see yours. This has to do specifically with your Xbox Privacy Settings. I suggest watching the YouTube video I made on how to fix this issue, found here. I’ll list the steps below, however:
    1. Go to Xbox.com/privacy and sign in with your regarded information
    2. Make sure “You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice and text” is set on “Allow”
    3. Make sure “Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites” is set on “Everyone”
    4. Save the settings and see if your issue is resolved
    Hopefully this information I have provided will work, as I do have a lot of experience with shadow mutes. As this is an ongoing issue, I’ll keep this thread open so you can tell us if your issue has been resolved.

Posted May 2, 2020
    Mathuu and DanTrains222 like this.
  6. Hey everyone!

I honestly forgot about this thread, and would like to inform everyone that the solution provided above had fixed the problem. Thanks for the responses!

Thread Locked >> Concern Addressed

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 23, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.