• 318 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2402 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Getting XP from chat

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Frqstbite, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Lots of other people have really given what I would say about this thread already - but just to re-iterate, I do not think this is a good idea at all:

1. It will promote spam - people will just find a way to abuse this mechanic secretly and gain EXP or even create chat scripts to do it all for them, it's really not that difficult.

2. EXP is meant to show how good you are at games and how many you play - the value of EXP and therefore willingness to play games decreases and we'll see a drop in concurrent playercounts.

3: there just isn't any need, there's already plenty of ways to get EXP besides this which means they're fine to use and this isn't needed!

So, overall, a -1 from me. As a result of this, I'm going to be marking this thread as 'Not Planned' due to the fact that it will be abused and can be encouraging of rule breaking which is not what we want! I will leave this thread open to further discussion in order for people to make other ideas on this. Thanks!

-> Not Planned

Posted Nov 22, 2019
    SpitefulNick and nolawn like this.
  2. You're comparing apples to oranges. Typing in chat requires no meaningful effort, it also turns out skill is not required. Apparently you need effort and a really hard grind to level up. Who knew?

Posted Nov 22, 2019
    Korben2005 likes this.